Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is Friends still that popular?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

I watch Friends for the nostalgic, fuzzy feeling. It's like an old blanket that you break out when you need a pick me up.:)

I like the episode after Rachel finds out about Ross and the copy girl, when they're in the apartment arguing and the others hide in the bedroom. Funny and tugs on the heartstrings a bit. The one where no one's ready is also great.

Eddie and Richard would be my favourite guest stars. "I'm a fruit drying manic!!!" :D

Completely disagree with the Comedy Central choice of best episode! The last one?! Really?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Never liked Friends.I can't watch anything with Jennifer Aniston in it to this day.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

Friends is so popular still that they made a whole remake of the show and called it How I met your mother.
    They just left out the Phoebe character.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

dougal wrote: »
    Friends is so popular still that they made a whole remake of the show and called it How I met your mother.

I always thought Lily and Robin were the three girls' personalities combined. Lily had a bit of Phoebe's kookiness and Robin had her cocky attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

darkdubh wrote: »
    Never liked Friends.I can't watch anything with Jennifer Aniston in it to this day.

Me too, I really hate her. Not attractive at all to me and horrible voice and mannerisms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

One of my favourite guest stars was Brad Pitt, that episode was hilarious and the fact he hated Rachel (they were still married then irl) was great. That was the episode where Joey tried to eat the whole Turkey to himself too!

tumblr_ml551kzI0c1qgvo7ho7_250.gif

I also liked the Jon Lovitz, Sean Penn and Winona Ryder episodes off the top of my head.

HATED Elle Macpherson in it, can't believe she lasted more than one episode. I like Bruce Willis, but I thought getting together with Rachel was stupid. His character could have been a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

phasers wrote: »
    I always thought Lily and Robin were the three girls' personalities combined. Lily had a bit of Phoebe's kookiness and Robin had her cocky attitude.

Yeah they probably deliberately stole some of Phoebe's character traits!
    The overall story though was so similar with the Ross/Rachel/Joey triangle being copied by the Ted/Robin/Barney story-line and the setting changing from Central Perk to MacLarens Pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,144 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

White teeth!

Ross became my favourite character after Chandler lost his mojo after getting with Monica.

On a sidenote, who was everyone's favourite guest star? For me, it has to be Adam Goldberg as Chandler's short-lived housemate, crazy Eddie Menuek. The episode where he accuses Chander of sleeping with his ex and killing his fish is one of my all time favourites.

I love Brad Pitt as Monica's former fat friend then skinny who hated Rachel and Danny DeVito as the stripper

• Registered Users Posts: 71,725 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

*enters thread*

J O E Y

D O E S N' T

S H A R E

F O O D!

*leaves thread*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

*enters thread*

J O E Y

D O E S N' T

S H A R E

F O O D!

*leaves thread*

Fireball!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Loved the one with Ben Stiller as the psycho screamer going out with Rachael, but when Ross tries to tell them about him to her and the others no one believes him, until the end scene,with him, the chick and the duck which is just gold:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

On a sidenote, who was everyone's favourite guest star? For me, it has to be Adam Goldberg as Chandler's short-lived housemate, crazy Eddie Menuek. The episode where he accuses Chander of sleeping with his ex and killing his fish is one of my all time favourites.
    Danny DeVito: Stripper Cop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

dougal wrote: »

Gawd no. The Friends characters were much endearing that the HIMYM ones. And the chemistry between the HIMYM actors just wasn't there, at least not in comparison to the Friends cast.

Eddie was great.
    Speaking of crazy, I really liked Brooke Shields as Joey's stalker:

Also thought Greg Kinnear was very good as Charlie's crazy boyfriend:

And even though I didn't really like the episode he was in, Alec Baldwin gave a great performance as Phoebe's immensely irritating boyfriend Parker.

Basically, the guest stars that played the most insane characters were the best! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

Agreed that Eddie was gold.

Another great guest part was the director of the play Joey was in with Kate.

"HELLO MY TALKING PROPS!"

"A POX ON ALL YOUR HOUSES"

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Yes, I liked most of the guest stars. I love the guy who is stoned, Monica is cooking for him, at her apartment, in the hope of him giving her a job...'tartlets, TARTLETS...'.
    I love Parker, Phoebe describes him as being like Santa Claus, on Prozac, getting laid...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Brendão wrote: »
    One of my favourite guest stars was Brad Pitt, that episode was hilarious and the fact he hated Rachel (they were still married then irl) was great. That was the episode where Joey tried to eat the whole Turkey to himself too!

tumblr_ml551kzI0c1qgvo7ho7_250.gif

My two greatest enemies Ross...Rachel Green and complex carbohydrates.

Advertisement