Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hippie folks,etc & Mushrooms in Ireland?

Options
  • 26-09-2014 6:58pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21

Hey,
    -Firstly: Please note that this discussion is just generally regarded the hippie folks and right in any way they are) , that go out looking for certain types of mushrooms, and do their thing.
    There's nothing against the rules here, so please lets keep this thread on regarding the rules. thank you.

does anyone please know whats the thing with mushroom hunting in Ireland?. and just generally everything related to all that.

(newbie here, but really wound love from my heart and eager,excised and happy to learn more about it all and really maybe enter that culture thing. thank you :)

thanks. :)

---
    And may I please ask, how could I join hippies?. like you know going camping,surfing,hiking and having fun?. spending more time with nature,etc. I'm personally all open and wish to join for the experience of it and what I can bring too as a person, to help out and be all good and open,give help,share,etc.

any idea please?. thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Are you hoping to get high or have a new culinary experience?.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

You what now? They are illegal, so in before the lock?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 flyinginclouds

mariaalice wrote: »
    Are you hoping to get high or have a new culinary experience?.

Hey,
    Thanks for the reply.

Its not to get high. If some effects come with it then ok that's great, but the main reason and the reason why is for a fully new culinary experience ,and to really see and whatever it can do (the nature/spirit molecule) and what I can do back or whatever, I would be greatly extremely happy and so appreciated of it all.

- love,happiness and inner peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

Just go to a forest, pick mushrooms and eat them, let us know how you get on.

*warning: dont actually do this

"the thing with mushroom hunting in Ireland?."

you may want to go ask whereever you heard about this.
    or ask whoever told you this.

• Advertisement

Just go to a forest, pick mushrooms and eat them, let us know how you get on.

*warning: dont actually do this

"the thing with mushroom hunting in Ireland?."

you may want to go ask whereever you heard about this.
    or ask whoever told you this.

Hi there,

No I won't do that. From what I read in a book its the forest that has TOXIC ones. There's many other forums with really nice people who good proper real advice, and who are really open and honest.

Have a great day :)

Hey,
    Thanks for the reply.

Its not to get high. If some effects come with it then ok that's great, but the main reason and the reason why is for a fully new culinary experience ,and to really see and whatever it can do (the nature/spirit molecule) and what I can do back or whatever, I would be greatly extremely happy and so appreciated of it all.

LMFAO
    "Its not to get high."
    "see and whatever it can do (the nature/spirit molecule)"

so it's to get high and pretend it's for "spiritual reasons".

MadYaker wrote: »
    You what now? They are illegal, so in before the lock?

From my understanding they were just banned in shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Apt username.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

the reason why is for a fully new culinary experience ,and to really see and whatever it can do (the nature/spirit molecule) and what I can do back or whatever, I would be greatly extremely happy and so appreciated of it all.

You've probably taken too many at this stage.

• Advertisement

LMFAO
    "Its not to get high."
    "see and whatever it can do (the nature/spirit molecule)"

so it's to get high and pretend it's for "spiritual reasons".

If you want to see it from that way then all fine.

But my main reason and direct reason is for its 'spiritual effects' or, ell from my understanding the mushrooms really make one self look at oneself and face their problems/and see how to resolve/open up/etc.

and really, it would be a lot of help and just yeah.

thanks again , bye bye now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

(the nature/spirit molecule)

lol

If you want to see it from that way then all fine.

But my main reason and direct reason is for its 'spiritual effects' or, ell from my understanding the mushrooms really make one self look at oneself and face their problems/and see how to resolve/open up/etc.

and really, it would be a lot of help and just yeah.

thanks again , bye bye now :)

why don't use counselling, like a good, honest and law abiding citizen?

example, this guy is a psychologist and had very good help from the mushrooms to treat his pain from cancer. and many people from all walks of life have had the same help regarding most of anything problems.

youtube.com/watch?v=kaXJbNXsqmQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I must have had some in my supper, for I could have sworn I've seen this exact same thread numerous times before.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

What exactly is it that you want to know anyway?

If you're going to go searching for some then 'liberty caps' is what you want to be looking for. There's a wealth of information on Google about where to find them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Hey,
    -Firstly: Please note that this discussion is just generally regarded the hippie folks and right in any way they are) , that go out looking for certain types of mushrooms, and do their thing.
    There's nothing against the rules here, so please lets keep this thread on regarding the rules. thank you.

does anyone please know whats the thing with mushroom hunting in Ireland?. and just generally everything related to all that.

(newbie here, but really wound love from my heart and eager,excised and happy to learn more about it all and really maybe enter that culture thing. thank you :)

thanks. :)

Why generalise, is it only hippy type folk that go picking mushrooms, I think not, I've seen all sorts picking them, best not to generalise OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Loads where I'm from. National Park in South West of the country..figure it out!

Deank wrote: »
    Why generalise, is it only hippy type folk that go picking mushrooms, I think not, I've seen all sorts picking them, best not to generalise OP.

Hello,

Your 100% correct yes. Thank you.
    But I was only using the hippie type folk as an example,. AND I personally think people see hippies as in like a bad stereotype in a way kinda. Most of them are really good,better than the average Joe and really nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

There is no law against picking magic mushrooms in Ireland. It is only illegal to pick them and then sell them :)

Just remember to clean those little black-tip mushroom fellers before ingestion. Usually found under brush in forest locations, or fields, or your garden sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭DLMA23

Psilocybe Semilanceata (Liberty Caps) & Amanita Muscaria (Fly Agaric) mushrooms grow wild in Ireland, although I would advise staying away from Agarics unless you really know your fungi.

The toxicity of psilocybin is low, the Agarics are less so, immature button forms resemble puffballs, especially the deadly Amanitas, such as the 'Death Cap' or 'Destroying Angel' mushrooms, so you really want to know what you're ingesting.

There is no law against picking magic mushrooms in Ireland. It is only illegal to pick them and then sell them :)

Just remember to clean those little black-tip mushroom fellers before ingestion. Usually found under brush in forest locations, or fields, or your garden sometimes.

thanks.

on the forum/site (you know the one with millions of users) Shroomery, I think they say that forests can be bad?. as in, the toxic ones are in the forests a lot of the times.

DLMA23 wrote: »
    Psilocybe Semilanceata & Amanita Muscaria (Fly Agaric) mushrooms grow wild in Ireland, although I would advise staying away from Agarics unless you really know your fungi.

The toxicity of psilocybin is low, the Agarics are less so, immature button forms resemble puffballs, especially the deadly Amanitas, such as the 'Death Cap' or 'Destroying Angel' mushrooms, so you really want to know what you're ingesting.

I checked on the mushroom forum Shroomery and they say that Fly Agaric is not a good mushroom. it does not contain psilocybin but some other chemical.

I would recommend staying far away from the Fly Agaric mushroom. They can produce visual colour hallucinations and auditory hallucinations and can also kill you if not careful.

And like may I please ask, how could I join hippies?. like you know going camping and having fun?. spending more time with nature,etc.

Hello,

Your 100% correct yes. Thank you.
    But I was only using the hippie type folk as an example,. AND I personally think people see hippies as in like a bad stereotype in a way kinda. Most of them are really good,better than the average Joe and really nice.

The topic title tends to mislead, but as the other posters said, stay away from dead caps, they look very similar, google is your friend.

I would recommend staying far away from the Fly Agaric mushroom. They can produce visual colour hallucinations and auditory hallucinations and can also kill you if not careful.

ahhh yes ok, thank you. but yes, it is the fly agaric that is NOT the real magic mushroom.

thanks.

on the forum/site (you know the one with millions of users) Shroomery, I think they say that forests can be bad?. as in, the toxic ones are in the forests a lot of the times.

All these family member mushrooms like magic mushrooms are toxic.

All these family member mushrooms like magic mushrooms are toxic.

Yeah.

But Psilocybin mushrooms are 100% non-toxic. right?

• Advertisement

And like may I please ask, how could I join hippies?. like you know going camping and having fun?. spending more time with nature,etc.

Take a stroll around the Wicklow mountains, there's a shed load of the hippy type up there, they'll probably mug you and defile you and not share their weed or Shrooms with you though.

Evil shower of bastards apparently.

Advertisement