Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Men's Shorts for DC Marathon?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

b.harte wrote: »
    :eek::eek:
    Jesus rom did you have that bookmarked or something?

Anyway I've worn those nike 2 in ones for a few years gradually going shorter leg length until I eventually made the leap to short-split shorts, fond them so comfortable for long stuff.
    I was a bit self concious on my first public outing with them - but if I spent my time being bothered about stuff like that I have stayed a fat bastard and never ran to begin with.
    Go short split and enjoy the liberation.

Nah, had to look for that one but never forgot it :eek:. I wore 1 inch plit shorts one day for a long run and I had 80% of the women I passed look down in a yikes way so I didn't wear them again. they were a tad too much.

Could have posted http://www.racepix.com/Aware-10km/racephotos/448/photo/68/ ;)

Was stuck behind him in DCM in 2011. What a motivator to speed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Burgman

When opting for split shorts, make sure that the insert is properly elasticated. Get rid of them when they get a bit loose or else you might end up on a website looking like this:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Burgman wrote: »
    When opting for split shorts, make sure that the insert is properly elasticated. Get rid of them when they get a bit loose or else you might end up on a website looking like this:

oh dear god:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭b.harte

Jesus that made me laugh.
    Is it anyone we know? Would make an interesting addition to the "know your art-ists thread."

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Burgman

b.harte wrote: »
    Is it anyone we know?

I don't know if he is on Boards. (I am fairly sure that it is indeed a "he", however.) Either way, I don't think that it would be fair to name and possibly shame, hence the cropped image. Next time I see him at a race, I will ask him if he is aware of this photo - maybe he would like it to be publicised! Incidentally, I think that he might have been the winner of that race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

Burgman wrote: »
    I don't know if he is on Boards. (I am fairly sure that it is indeed a "he", however.) Either way, I don't think that it would be fair to name and possibly shame, hence the cropped image. Next time I see him at a race, I will ask him if he is aware of this photo - maybe he would like it to be publicised! Incidentally, I think that he might have been the winner of that race.

If you have respect for the guy you will take it down as its in poor taste.

Advertisement