Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Root s5 and install cyanogenmod

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

MarkR wrote: »
    No, it only shows up like this when I'm using custom roms. I had assumed it was because Tesco Mobile is a virtual network (is that the phrase) running on the O2 network.
    That's potentially the reason, must be due to the many framework changes CM makes. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

You can also try just rename it too - http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/change-carrier-name-on-android-phone-easily-how-to-guide/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

advertsfox wrote: »
    You should check out the Performance profiles (above About / Developer Options) where you can switch between Standard, Performance and Battery Saving - there is even a toggle from Quick Settings. The screenshots are from my Moto G, the toggles are all customizable with tonnes of options, even a live Camera one.

Didn't notice the performance profile one. That's very handy, I'll leave it in power saver and see how it goes.

Didn't notice the performance profile one. That's very handy, I'll leave it in power saver and see how it goes.
    Good call, the S5 is a power house as it is so a few restrictive settings won't do any harm.

Anyone know a work around for the camera? More often than not I'm getting a force close after a couple of photos.

Anyone know a work around for the camera? More often than not I'm getting a force close after a couple of photos.
    I had the same issue with the Z1 with the early nightlies of CM, keep an eye on the change logs and update each day to get the latest fixes. There's a new one I see:

http://www.cmxlog.com/11/klte/

• Advertisement

advertsfox wrote: »
    I had the same issue with the Z1 with the early nightlies of CM, keep an eye on the change logs and update each day to get the latest fixes. There's a new one I see:

http://www.cmxlog.com/11/klte/

I installed an alternative and disabled the Google one instead. Haven't had any issues and the quality seems to be better too. Still off the Samsung one mind.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Urgh. Rookies mistake. Updated without backing up.:eek: Getting system ui errors.

Reinstalling previous version from scratch.

Would rooting and installing CM11 mean the phone wouldn't accept a network unlock code?

MarkR wrote: »
    Urgh. Rookies mistake. Updated without backing up.:eek: Getting system ui errors.

Reinstalling previous version from scratch.
    No need to go back to stractch, reinstall the previous nightly (if that's what you are using).

Would rooting and installing CM11 mean the phone wouldn't accept a network unlock code?
    No really but could depend on whether the EFS partition was deleted (related to IMEI). Is the original network SIM working?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Sorry for hijacking the thread but advertsfox, is there a section on XDA for rooting the S4 and putting Cyanogen on to it?

Stock firmware and unroot and it worked.

Advertisement