Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie PW (Favourite) "Big Man" Tournament

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Andre and Hansen

• Registered Users Posts: 33,058 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Sid and Mike Awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Sid and Awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 85,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Andre and Awesome

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Andre and Awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Andre all the way.

Awesome, I liked Hansen but im a big Awesome fan. He could keep up cruiserweights and he had a great look.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Sid and Mike Awesome

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Andre and ooo torn on this one... I'll say Stan the MSN as I think awesome will go through

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Andre gets a bit of a scare from Sid but advances. A lot of love for Awesome who as ECW sole representative has shown to have massive support around these parts. Last bouts of round two, first to four. We then will be onto the quarter finals. Four lengthy WWE careers but only two can advance.

Undertaker
    “The Phenom”
    the-undertaker.jpg

VS

Earthquake/The Shark/Golga
    “The Natural Disaster”
    johnTenta4.jpg

AND

Rikishi
    “Too Cool Yoko”
    rikishi_photo_studio_by_windows8osx-d50dh8u.jpg

VS

Mark Henry
    “10 Years a Strongman”
    Mark_Henry+6.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Taker and Henry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Ill go Taker and the big Kishi!

Undertaker and Henry

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Taker and Henry here too.

Taker and Henry

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Sin Eater

Taker

and

rikishi

That leads us through to the final 8. Some interesting bouts, all of which have taken part in real life if I am correct. Since the tournament has got a bit of speed I’ll go first to six for these rounds. First up we have two bole I’m sure feuded upon Mike Awesome’s controversial debut in ECW. A battle of height with too towering big men.

Quarter Final 1

Diesel/Kevin Nash
    "Big Daddy Cool"
    diesel6.jpg

VS

Mike Awesome

“ONS Awesomeness”
    13.jpg

Diesel

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Sin Eater

Diesel. Surprised that Mike Awesome made it this far to be honest.

Hey guys as per my last few tourneys, now we're in the business end. I'll ask for reason why you voted for X wrestler. Just adds a little to the final rounds.

I'll count the above votes as valid.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I hate both.

Mike Awesome. The lesser of two evils. Hated Nash. Hated Awesome. I hated Awesome less.

• Advertisement

Since the voting has broadened I’ll add my vote.

Going with Nash. Nitro during its heady days was one of my favourite times in wrestling. Nash was a fairly big cog in that wheel with him being first, line and centre with the NWO. Charisma-wise these guys are polar opposites.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Diesel. I like Awesome but Nash trumps him for charisma and promos and like it's been said he was a big part in Nitro's success(and its downfall but thats another story).

Take away the hardcore aspect and Awesome was diminished as a performer.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Mike Awesome. He was much much better in the ring than Kevin Nash. Nash wasn't exciting and moved at a snails pace. Awesome could fly, brawl and do everything else.

Awesome for one particular reason: One Night Stand 2005. The man went in to the match against Masato Tanaka as a generally reviled person by the ECW fans, and by the end of the match he was getting a standing ovation. Quite impressive in my eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Nash. Not the greatest of in ring performers but great on the mic and had a huge role in one of the biggest and best angles ever.

Kevin Nash, he was just a lot more significant than Mike Awesome could have ever dreamt of, not that I was ever mad about either.

Diesel takes out ECWs big man. Next one is a heart breaker. Arguably the top two guys in this tourney meet in our 2nd Quarter final. 2 future Hall of Famers. A duo that spent most of their careers north of the mid-card. Two scary man to have coming towards you in a battle. One made his name by stopping the fan favourite stream train that was Hulkamania. The other an arch-enemy of WCW’s Hogan surfer Sting. Vader VS The Undertaker.

Quarter Final 2

Undertaker
    “The Phenom”
    the-undertaker.jpg

VS

Vader
    “It’s Time. It’s Time. It’s Vader Time”
    big_van_vader_unleashed_by_bardsville-d5ha2gv.jpg

Your vote and why you voted so.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Undertaker. easily the best big man in the history of the sport. Id be hugely surprised if he doesnt win the whole thing

Taker, quite frankly I just liked him a lot more than I did Big Van.

• Advertisement

Vader. The number 1 guy in here when you think of big guy wrestling. No homophobic attacks on his colleagues either

Advertisement