Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2014: Round 14 - Singapore Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

antodeco wrote: »
    Will they hit the 2 hour limit?

They were tight already, I can't see them not hitting it now

Magnussen can't take a drink, it's so hot it burns his mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

3.2 seconds in one lap. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭Oblomov

20 laps... worried about tyres... Hamilton not yet used both sets of tyres available..

means worn tyres or pit stop with Alonso. already changed

Comment of how nuclear will Hamilton will go if he losses forst place.

17 lapstogo

7 more laps for Hamilton tyre change.

Change at 10 laps to go

• Advertisement

Kvyat: "Without a drink, I'm dying here". Young people don't like drinking boiling water it seems...

The problem, the drink is too hot.. one driver complained of "burning tongue"

Really????

Oblomov wrote: »
    The problem, the drink is too hot.. one driver complained of "burning tongue"

Really????

Drinks are close to electrics, approaching 60-70 degrees. That's damn hot.

Even if Hamilton comes out behind he'll have about 4 seconds a lap in his pocket. And he probably will get out ahead of Vettel.

Hamilton pits, come out behind Vettel... but on new tyres

• Advertisement

Hamilton will have another pitstop in hand by the end :P

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Is there only 5 minutes left? 5 laps is longer!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

Would be another psychological blow if Ric could get Seb by the end

1 lap left.

Race cut short.. 2hr time limit

Hamilton

Vettel

Riccardo

Alonso

Hamilton takes lead in Championship race.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

Disappointing race, over before it began. First time in many years I was able see the Singapore GP live, not really one of the great tracks is it?

Happy for Vettel, but was hoping Raikkonen could have achieved something.

Commentators trying to make a race out of it, but Hamilton didn't have any opposition. Safety car interval creayed some confusion but that was all.

Electronics problem for Rosberg, are Mercedes onlu capable of preparing one car.

As Hamilton, as yet, does not have a new contract and Mercedes have signed Nineteen-year-old German Pascal Wehrlein ...... Hmmm two Germans for next year?

Commentators trying to make a race out of it, but Hamilton didn't have any opposition. Safety car interval creayed some confusion but that was all.

Singapore doesn't really lend itself to on track action, but today at least had some.
    Electronics problem for Rosberg, are Mercedes onlu capable of preparing one car.
    No. This is a new problem. They've never had a full CE failure before.
    As Hamilton, as yet, does not have a new contract and Mercedes have signed Nineteen-year-old German Pascal Wehrlein ...... Hmmm two Germans for next year?
    Also no.

_rebelkid wrote: »
    No. This is a new problem. They've never had a full CE failure before.

That was quite bizarre. They didn't seem to have any idea what it was. Changing the steering wheel in essence ended Rosbergs race, as he then had no gears. I know they had to try it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,033 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Nice to see a little bit of a race at the end, pity a few more didn't go for fresh tires

Perez doing well, will be interesting fight last few races between Force India and McLaren

• Advertisement

antodeco wrote: »
    That was quite bizarre. They didn't seem to have any idea what it was. Changing the steering wheel in essence ended Rosbergs race, as he then had no gears. I know they had to try it though.

Changing the steering wheel ruled out that it was a wheel problem. Turned out to be wiring loom in the column. They even thought of trying to change it pre-race.

_rebelkid wrote: »
    Changing the steering wheel ruled out that it was a wheel problem. Turned out to be wiring loom in the column. They even thought of trying to change it pre-race.

Ah ok. Didn't know that! Missed the build up!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Nice to see a little bit of a race at the end, pity a few more didn't go for fresh tires

Perez doing well, will be interesting fight last few races between Force India and McLaren

Pity they cut to Lewis crossing the line and focused on the winning car while Perez was having a great fight with Kimi, at a minimum they should have showed a replay at the end of the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Vergne showed everyone what he is capable of when he gets to finish a race. Started 12th, had two stop-go penalties and still managed to finish sixth. I hope he can get a seat next year.

Mercedes need to get their act together, way too many reliability issues. It has balanced itself out somewhat now but it has robbed us of a proper championship fight.

Hamilton was imperious. Similar to what Vettel did there last year. Brilliant restart after the safety car and the way he built the lead was really impressive. Seventh win of the season.

Safety car killed the race, two stops wasn't really on. Cost Bottas the most but it would have been great if a few more 3 stopped.

Did anyone notice the radio ban? Me neither. A few from Red Bull must have been close to crossing the line.

What ever happened to the diagnostic program and the fault code reader?????

Even lowly junior formula cars have built in diagnostics.

Mercedes quality control???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Ah c'mon, it's far from that simple. I'm sure they do have intricate diagnostics available, but a faulty wiring loom isn't going to show up...it will show up as a fault of the component that can't be reached, in this case, the steering wheel...but the underlying problem is the loom.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,504 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Disappointing race, over before it began. First time in many years I was able see the Singapore GP live, not really one of the great tracks is it?

Happy for Vettel, but was hoping Raikkonen could have achieved something.

So was I,
    But I think maybe his pit crew should do lots of practices,

His pit stops were all around 3.6 / 3.7 seconds while Alonsos were all around a second faster.
    3 seconds might not be a lot but is enough to being him out in traffic.

I think he could have been 2 to 3 places higher only for this.

Ah well.

They questioned whether or not to change the steering column on the grid, but they knew they wouldn't have time. Problem arose very quickly, and like most of Mercs problems, it was a total failure of a vital system part.

ByDgVDtCIAExAxc.jpg:large

That's quite a lot more serious than a fault code reader...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,287 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Had high hopes for this race but it was desperate.

On the plus side, its essentially dead even now for the last few races...and those double points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Hamilton's title to lose. He has the momentum at the moment and will carry it forward.

Advertisement