Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda reserve

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭gem112

Nothing in the post today.... will ring in a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 1 emahc

Heading down March 23rd from Kildare! What part you travelling from?

Navan

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Hyneser03

gem112 wrote: »
    Nothing in the post today.... will ring in a bit

Well did u get through to them ?

On to HRM still no dates for the rest of the training

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 jb969665

I phoned earlier..The person who deals with the Reserve training is Back on Thursday.I was told she has the schedule.
    I also asked if there's rooms available in the College and the Lady i spoke to said its full at the moment with Full Time Students,but they offer accommodation around the Town..

Depends who u get

jb969665 wrote: »
    I phoned earlier..The person who deals with the Reserve training is Back on Thursday.I was told she has the schedule.
    I also asked if there's rooms available in the College and the Lady i spoke to said its full at the moment with Full Time Students,but they offer accommodation around the Town..

Oh really I wonder will she have the info sent out on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Slava1976

Hey guys.Was due to start training in June 2015 but then it was cancelled.Saw that some of you got starting dates in March. Called Garda Reserve office 2 days ago.They've checked my file but my file is not allocated for March training.Is one of you who's got dates in March has been going through medical and interview in your local Garda stations lately?I've passed my medical in April 2015.As far as I know those medical results valid for 6 months.

Did you have to reapply in 2017... passed my medical last june

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Slava1976

Last time I've heard from Garda Reserve office in July 2018 when they've asked me to fill up Educational Exemption form.And after I've sent this form back after few days there was no more messages from their office.

Hope you get sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Crusher82

Unfortunately for me iv been on to hr in the park several times since before xmass and after it wondering what the hold up is on my br and yesterday they decided to tell me they want the br form fully filled out again it's so disheartening....

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭donman

Slava1976 wrote: »
    Hey guys.Was due to start training in June 2015 but then it was cancelled.Saw that some of you got starting dates in March. Called Garda Reserve office 2 days ago.They've checked my file but my file is not allocated for March training.Is one of you who's got dates in March has been going through medical and interview in your local Garda stations lately?I've passed my medical in April 2015.As far as I know those medical results valid for 6 months.

I was for Training back in 2015 also,but had to reapply for the new recruitment campaign back in 2017.Did you reapply?Believe medicals last a year but can’t confirm that.Isn’t 6 months anyway as I did my medical back in April 2018 and have been called for Training.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭donman

Crusher82 wrote: »
    Unfortunately for me iv been on to hr in the park several times since before xmass and after it wondering what the hold up is on my br and yesterday they decided to tell me they want the br form fully filled out again it's so disheartening....

That’s shocking.So deflating after all this time.Really sorry to hear that Bud.

Has anyone started like training or preparing themselves for phase 1 yet

Think phase 1 is all class based

gem112 wrote: »
    Think phase 1 is all class based

Is it not an introduction to self defence a lot of people have said they were sore after phase 1

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Crusher82

donman wrote: »
    That’s shocking.So deflating after all this time.Really sorry to hear that Bud.

It really shows how badly ran it is but I'm.going to keep trying ..

It says its an Introduction to An Garda Síochána, Human Rights, Discipline, Ethics and Organisational Culture.

• Advertisement

It says its an Introduction to An Garda Síochána, Human Rights, Discipline, Ethics and Organisational Culture.

Oh maybe I’m just going from other years they said they done a bit of self defence maybe not will have to wait and see 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Skydiver1961

First Week end was all classs room stuff (now this was over 9 years ago) . Other weekend , self defence , cuff training , baton training and pepper spray

Was just looking at the Full Time Thread and I see people got offers for 1 week induction on 8th April..so i'd say we'll be doing our 2 week training after that

I hope its the first two weeks in april

First Week end was all classs room stuff (now this was over 9 years ago) . Other weekend , self defence , cuff training , baton training and pepper spray

Oh right that’s grand thanks man I must of read it wrong somewhere

I say we should get information packs this week or next since the full timers will be getting theirs. Jesus templemore will be full with us all in it

Well lad did u say the person who deals with the reserves is back todsy ? I wonder will we hear anything today or tomorrow

Has anyone rang today

I'll try give them a call later

• Advertisement

I'll try give them a call later

Did u get through to them

Advertisement