Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda reserve

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭SO7378

Hyneser03 wrote: »
    Hi ya I have been called for my medical for next Wednesday the 29th.

I have two friends the same date but different times too

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Hyneser03

SO7378 wrote: »
    I have two friends the same date but different times too

Ah not to bad are they worried about it to ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Trackerjacker

Fair play lads good luck to ye.

Donman your inbox is full can't reply to your message.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭donman

Fair play lads good luck to ye.

Donman your inbox is full can't reply to your message.

Sorry Trackerjacker,I'm a bit of a hoarder,lol.Cleared now.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

My checks are complete a good while now. I’ve not yet had local meetings for this new campaign apparently my file is in ballymun Garda station since August. Seeing those new guys come in the last round of interviews and be called ahead of those who have been stuck in this for 4+ years is the entire reserve campaign summed up in one word. Joke

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Trackerjacker

Cedric87 wrote: »
    My checks are complete a good while now. I’ve not yet had local meetings for this new campaign apparently my file is in ballymun Garda station since August. Seeing those new guys come in the last round of interviews and be called ahead of those who have been stuck in this for 4+ years is the entire reserve campaign summed up in one word. Joke

Couldn't agree more pal

Ah not to bad are they worried about it to ?

No not at all, why are you worried about yours?

SO7378 wrote: »
    No not at all, why are you worried about yours?

Well ya Just with my BMI it’s 28 but I’m 6ft 2 and I’m not obese 😂

Well ya Just with my BMI it’s 28 but I’m 6ft 2 and I’m not obese 😂

Well you have up to 30 and they somtimes can be leaniant too... sure technically anyone over 25 is over weight 😂 try a bit of running that should drop it a little quite quick too if you do a good bit from now until your date... if your thatvworried but dont be!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ziuman

hi

how did they contact you? phone or post :) thanks

• Advertisement

Ziuman wrote: »
    hi

how did they contact you? phone or post :) thanks

I believe by phone or email

Silly question but anyone know what to wear for medical like suit or casual or tracksuit?
    Thanks

Silly question but anyone know what to wear for medical like suit or casual or tracksuit?
    Thanks

Casual dress is fine.I wore Jeans and a zipped hoodie when I last did mine.Good Luck on wednesday.The Doc will tell you if you've passed or not,and if they know downstairs,when you go back down,they'll give you Training Dates,or will say they'll be in touch.

donman wrote: »
    Casual dress is fine.I wore Jeans and a zipped hoodie when I last did mine.Good Luck on wednesday.The Doc will tell you if you've passed or not,and if they know downstairs,when you go back down,they'll give you Training Dates,or will say they'll be in touch.

That’s perfect thanks very much ya hopefully I’ll pass 🙈 ya I hope they have the training dates there and then

Also do u know for phase 2 and 4 is going to be done at stations do u know where we can find out or enquire about being at a specific station for the training?

Also do u know for phase 2 and 4 is going to be done at stations do u know where we can find out or enquire about being at a specific station for the training?

Not sure.You'll probably find that out at Templemore,or HR may be able to inform you if Training Dates have been finalised.I can't 100% say.Sorry.Someone else on here may be able to clarify that for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

Does anyone no if you fail the eyes do you get a chance to get them corrected? And in the eye test do you have to pass with out glasses or can you pass with them? Thanks.

vardy98 wrote: »
    Does anyone no if you fail the eyes do you get a chance to get them corrected? And in the eye test do you have to pass with out glasses or can you pass with them? Thanks.

Not sure how that works with the Reserves,but maybe you get to correct them and go back.However,if you wear glasses and they correct them to the required standard,then there should be no issue.The Doc will ask you if you will be taking the test with or without glasses.At least that was the case back in 2015.I didn't wear them back then,but will this time round if i get called.I won't be taking any chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

vardy98 wrote: »

Not sure how that works with the Reserves,but maybe you get to correct them and go back.However,if you wear glasses and they correct them to the required standard,then there should be no issue.The Doc will ask you if you will be taking the test with or without glasses.At least that was the case back in 2015.I didn't wear them back then,but will this time round if i get called.I won't be taking any chances.

Thanks very much for your reply. That is very helpful information, Hopfully that is still the case ifor it is I won't havery any worries, I wear glasses and I donthink think I will reach the required standard with them off, so that would be brilliant. Thanks.

Not sure.You'll probably find that out at Templemore,or HR may be able to inform you if Training Dates have been finalised.I can't 100% say.Sorry.Someone else on here may be able to clarify that for you.

That’s perfect thanks so I would just have to ring HR and they might be able to tell me

• Advertisement

That’s perfect thanks so I would just have to ring HR and they might be able to tell me

You can try them,but those details may not get organised until they know who has passed for training and where they are located.

You can try them,but those details may not get organised until they know who has passed for training and where they are located.

Ah ya I get ya knowing them they prob won’t know 🙄😂

Have u got called for medical yet ?

Have u got called for medical yet ?

No,not a word. Very disappointing that we haven't had some priority for this intake,as we've already been through to start training back in 2015.Ye wouldn't have as many hurdles to jump in the Olympics.

No,not a word. Very disappointing that we haven't had some priority for this intake,as we've already been through to start training back in 2015.Ye wouldn't have as many hurdles to jump in the Olympics.

That’s ridiculous man hope u get called soon. Hahahah ya exactly 😂

That’s ridiculous man hope u get called soon. Hahahah ya exactly 😂

Thanks Hyneser03.It's wearing a bit thin now after 6 years of waiting.Anyway,best of luck on Wednesday.Keep us posted.

Thanks Hyneser03.It's wearing a bit thin now after 6 years of waiting.Anyway,best of luck on Wednesday.Keep us posted.

I will do thanks man hopefully will be good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jb969665

Thanks

Hi,
    When did you do your interview?And also,when was your Superintendent interview?Where are you located?
    Just trying to get an idea as i had my Superintendent interview about 2 months ago
    Thanks

jb969665 wrote: »
    Hi,
    When did you do your interview?And also,when was your Superintendent interview?Where are you located?
    Just trying to get an idea as i had my Superintendent interview about 2 months ago
    Thanks

Hi I did mine in august. My supertindent one was October. And I’m located in Leitrim.

• Advertisement

Hi I did mine in august. My supertindent one was October. And I’m located in Leitrim.

Im Sligo Leitrim too.. placed 7

Advertisement