Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notifications & Dropdowns not working in Chrome browser

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

This is potentially related to the 'Stay logged in' box when logging in - if you don't tick box, the My Forums and Control Panel drop down menu do not work as they should; if you do tick it, they work properly.

If people could check that out and see if it makes a difference for you, that would be great. That was just the conclusion after a quick look this evening. We think Andres may have looked at this issue previously but he is out of the office this week; we'll try asking him tomorrow and hopefully he will have a quick fix/recommendation for it. If not, we will look into a fix but it may be another little while as Pablo is working alone at the moment.

In the meantime, if checking that box does or does not make a difference, let us know. Thanks for your patience on this :)

I can't even log out at the moment :p

Tried logging in there now with the box both unticked and ticked with neither option resulting in the drop-down menus working.

Doing a wee bit more snooping and the javascript is giving out about current.userid and current_user.userid, current and current_user are equated to the data variable but in each case it's an empty variable.

The first line controls the way the web-page is displayed, the second controls generation of the followed forums menu, neither of which are working for me.

[PHP]Boards.Appearance=function(){var Appearance={};var current={};var headerOffset=110;Appearance.init=function(){$(document).on("keydown",pageScrollHandler);Boards.on("clientloaded",function(){Boards.Client.get("/user/current",null,86400,getStyleOptions,xhrFail)});Boards.on("ready",function(){$("#appearance_submit").on("click",Boards.Client.clearStorage)});$("#cb_newtalkto").click(function(){toggleTalkToDisplayCookie()})};Appearance.fetchHeaderOffset=function(){return headerOffset};var renderUserStylesheets=function(data){if(data.cozymode){addStylesheet("cozymode")}if(data.fullwidth){addStylesheet("fullwidth")}if(!data.stickyheader||!!("ontouchstart"in window)){addStylesheet("fixed-header");$(document).off("keydown",pageScrollHandler);headerOffset=0}else if(data.cozymode){headerOffset=90}};var addStylesheet=function(name){$("head").append('<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://'+Boards.domains.staticdomain+"/css/useroptions/"+name+".css?v="+Boards.version+'&quot; type="text/css" />')};var getStyleOptions=function(data){current=data;if(current.userid>0){Boards.Client.get("/user/styleoptions",null,86400,renderUserStylesheets,xhrFail)}};var pageScrollHandler=function(e){var currentElementTag=document.activeElement.tagName.toLowerCase();if($.inArray(currentElementTag,["textarea","input","select"])===-1){if(e.keyCode==32){if(!e.shiftKey){$("html, body").scrollTop($(document).scrollTop()+$(window).height()-(headerOffset+70))}else{$("html, body").scrollTop($(document).scrollTop()-$(window).height()-(headerOffset+70))}e.preventDefault();return false}else if(e.keyCode==33){$("html, body").scrollTop($(document).scrollTop()-$(window).height()+(headerOffset+70));e.preventDefault()}else if(e.keyCode==34){$("html, body").scrollTop($(document).scrollTop()+$(window).height()-(headerOffset+70));e.preventDefault()}}};var toggleTalkToDisplayCookie=function(){cookie_details={expires:1,path:"/"};if($.cookie("show_new_ttf")==="1"){cookie_details.expires=-999}$.cookie("show_new_ttf",1,cookie_details)};var xhrFail=function(message){Boards.log("XHR failed on Boards.Appearance");Boards.log(message)};return Appearance}();
    Boards.Menu=function(){var Menu={};var initComplete=false;var current_user={};var followed_forums=[];var user_styleoptions={};var nav=[];var poll_interval=3e4;var intervals={};var menu_autoscale_params={menuId:"nav",spacing:1,equalLinks:true};var nav_processing_root_element=0;var menuup="//"+Boards.domains.staticdomain+"/i/plus.png";var menudown="//"+Boards.domains.staticdomain+"/i/minus.png";var avatarlink_base="https://avatar.b-static.net/";var forumlink_base="/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=";var adverts_base="http://www.adverts.ie/showcat.php?cat=";Menu.init=function init(){Boards.on("clientloaded",function(){Boards.Client.get("/user/current",null,86400,_gotCurrentUser,xhrFail);Boards.Client.get("/usermenu/menu",null,1800,_renderNavMenu,xhrFail)});Boards.on("ready",function(){$(document.body).on("hover","#user-drop li:first-child",firstMenuItemHoverShim)});Boards.on(["clientloaded","ready"],function(){$("#logout").on("click",Boards.Client.clearStorage);$("#loginlink").on("click",Boards.Client.clearStorage)});var $window=$(window);$window.smartresize(_setMaxDropHeight);$window.smartresize(attachNavMenu);if(!Menu.isTouchDevice()){Menu.initAutoScale()}Boards.emit("Menu_initComplete");Boards.Menu.initComplete=true};var firstMenuItemHoverShim=function firstMenuItemHoverShim(event){if(event.type=="mouseenter"){$(this).parent().css("background-position","-830px 0")}else{$(this).parent().css("background-position","-386px 0")}};var _renderNavMenu=function _renderNavMenu(data){nav=[];nav_processing_root_element=1;_buildNav(data,0);Boards.on("ready",attachNavMenu)};var attachNavMenu=function attachNavMenu(){Boards.log("Attach menu called");$(".nav-area").html(nav.join(""));Menu.initAutoScale();_initDropdown();_setMaxDropHeight()};var _gotCurrentUser=function(data){current_user=data;if(current_user.userid<=0){return}Boards.Client.get("/user/followedforums",null,0,_gotFollowedForums,xhrFail,true);Boards.Client.get("/user/styleoptions",null,86400,_gotUserStyleOptions,xhrFail);Boards.on("ready",function(){$("#user-menu li.has-drop").hover(function(){$(this).doTimeout("hover",50,function(){var $this=$(this);$this.siblings(".has-drop").removeClass("hover");$this.addClass("hover")},this)},function(){$(this).doTimeout("hover",350,"removeClass","hover")})})};var _gotUserStyleOptions=function _gotUserStyleOptions(data){user_styleoptions=data;var pollcachetime=poll_interval/1e3;Boards.Client.get("/user/counters",null,pollcachetime,_gotCounters,xhrFail,true);var countersInterval=setInterval(function(){Boards.Client.get("/user/counters",null,pollcachetime,_gotCounters,_countersFail,true)},poll_interval);intervals.counters=countersInterval};var _gotCounters=function _gotCounters(data){current_user.counters=data;renderNotifications()};var _countersFail=function _countersFail(message){clearInterval(intervals.counters);delete intervals.counters;xhrFail(message)};Menu.initAutoScale=function initAutoScale(){Boards.log("Called init autoscale");var params={menuId:"nav",tag:"a",spacing:0,constant:0,minPaddings:0,liHovering:false,sideClasses:false,equalLinks:false,flexible:true,borderCompensation:2};$.extend(params,menu_autoscale_params);var nav=document.getElementById(params.menuId);if(!nav){return}nav.className+=" scaling-active";var nav_items=nav.getElementsByTagName("li");var root_listitem_links=[];var root_listitems=[];var width=0;for(var i=0,j=0;i<nav_items.length;i++){if(nav_items.parentNode==nav){var t=nav_items.getElementsByTagName(params.tag).item(0);root_listitem_links.push(t);root_listitem_links[j++].width=t.offsetWidth;root_listitems.push(nav_items);if(width<t.offsetWidth){width=t.offsetWidth}}}var menu_width=nav.clientWidth-root_listitem_links.length*params.spacing-params.constant;if(params.equalLinks&&width*root_listitem_links.length<menu_width){for(var i=0;i<root_listitem_links.length;i++){root_listitem_links.width=width}}width=_getItemsWidth(root_listitem_links);if(width<menu_width){var version=navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase();for(var i=0;_getItemsWidth(root_listitem_links)<menu_width;i++){root_listitem_links.width++;if(i>=root_listitem_links.length-1){i=-1}}if(params.flexible){for(var i=0;i<root_listitem_links.length;i++){width=99.999*((root_listitem_links.width-params.borderCompensation-params.spacing-params.constant/root_listitem_links.length)/menu_width);root_listitems.style.width=width+"%"}}}nav.className+=" scaling-ready"};var _getItemsWidth=function _getItemsWidth(elements){var width=0;for(var i=0,len=elements.length;i<len;i++){width+=elements.width}return width};var _buildNav=function _buildNav(data,depth,title,forumid){var siblings=data.length;var column_size;var column_count;var nodelink="";if(siblings>20){column_count=3}else if(siblings>15){column_count=2}else{column_count=1}column_size=Math.ceil(siblings/column_count);for(var i in data){i=i*1;var node=data;if(i===0&&depth===0){nav.push('<ul id="nav">')}else if(i===0&&depth>0){if(depth===1){nav.push('<div class="nav-drop-menu drop');nav.push(" columns-"+column_count+'">');if(node.type=="adverts"){_addNavHeading("Adverts.ie","http://www.adverts.ie")}else if(node.type=="boards"){_addNavHeading("Boards.ie","http://www.boards.ie")}else{var forum_url="http://"+Boards.domains.mainsite;if(forumid!==0){forum_url+=forumlink_base+forumid}_addNavHeading(title,forum_url)}}}if(i===0){if(depth===1){nav.push('<div class="columncontainer">');nav.push('<div class="column first">');nav.push("<ul>")}else if(depth>0){if(depth>0){sub_class="sub-"+(depth-1)}nav.push('<ul class="'+sub_class+'">')}}nav.push("<li>");if(depth>0){class_name="lw";if(node.children){class_name+=" has-dropdown"}nav.push('<div class="'+class_name+'">')}if(node.type==="adverts"){nodelink=adverts_base+node.forumid+"&utm_source=boards&"+"utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=boards-links"}else if(node.type==="link"){nodelink="http://"+Boards.domains.mainsite+node.url}else if(node.forumid){nodelink="http://"+Boards.domains.mainsite+forumlink_base+node.forumid}else if(node.type==="heading"){nodelink=""}else{Boards.log("Unknown node"+node)}if(node.type!=="heading"){_addNavLink(node.title,nodelink)}else{_addNavSubHeading(node.title,nodelink)}if(node.children){if(depth>0){nav.push('<span class="expandable"');nav.push('title="Expand category" /></div>')}_buildNav(node.children,depth+1,node.title,node.forumid)}nav.push("</li>");if(depth===1&&i+1<siblings&&i!==0&&(i+1)%column_size===0){nav.push("</ul>");nav.push("</div>");nav.push('<div class="column">');nav.push("<ul>")}if(i===data.length-1){nav.push("</ul>");if(depth===1){nav.push("</div>")}}}};var _addNavHeading=function _addNavHeading(title,href){nav.push('<strong class="title">');if(typeof href!=="undefined"){_addNavLink(title,href)}else{nav.push(title)}nav.push("</strong>")};var _addNavLink=function _addNavLink(title,href){nav.push('<a href="'+href+'" title="View '+title+'">');nav.push(title);nav.push("</a>")};var _addNavSubHeading=function _addNavSubHeading(title,href){nav.push('<div class="nav-subheading">');if(typeof href!=="undefined"&&href.length){_addNavLink(title,href)}else{nav.push(title)}nav.push("</span></div>")};var _setMaxDropHeight=function _setMaxDropHeight(){var window_height=$(window).height()-($("#nav").height()+20);$("#nav").find(".columns-1, .columns-2","columns-3").css("max-height",window_height)};var _initDropdown=function _initDropdown(){Boards.log("Init dropdown called");$("#nav > li").hover(function(e){if(e.clientX<2&&e.clientY<2){return}$(this).doTimeout("hover",150,function(e){var elem=$(this);var cat_num=elem.prevAll().length+1;var drop=$(elem.children(".drop")[0]);elem.siblings().removeClass("hover navLeftBorder navRightBorder");if(drop){var label_width=$(this).width();var cat_left=elem.offset().left;var drop_width=drop.width();var window_width=$(window).width();if(cat_num<=7){drop.css("margin-left","-1");elem.addClass("navLeftBorder");var drop_endpos=Math.ceil(cat_left+drop_width);if(drop_endpos>window_width){drop.css("left",(drop_width-label_width-1)/3*-1)}}else{var left_offset=Math.floor(drop_width*-1+label_width-1);if(cat_num===10){left_offset=Math.floor(left_offset/3*2)}drop.css("left",left_offset);elem.addClass("navRightBorder")}}elem.addClass("hover")},this)},function(){$(this).doTimeout("hover",350,"removeClass","hover navLeftBorder navRightBorder")});$("#nav > li > a").on("click",function(event){$(this).addClass("hover");event.preventDefault();return false});$(".lw.has-dropdown").click(function(){var link=$(this);var submenu=link.next("ul");var button=link.children().closest("span");if(submenu.is(":visible")){button.removeClass("expanded");link.css("font-weight","normal");link.parent().prev("li").children(".lw").removeClass("noborder")}else{button.addClass("expanded");link.css("font-weight","bold");if(link.parent().prev("li").attr("class")!="sub-1"&&link.parent().prev("li").attr("class")!="sub-2"){link.parent().prev("li").children(".lw").addClass("noborder")}}$(this).hover(function(){$(this).parent().addClass("hover")},function(){$(this).parent().removeClass("hover")});link.parent().toggleClass(submenu.attr("class"));submenu.toggle()});$(".drop li, #nav a").on("click",function(e){e.stopPropagation()});if(Menu.isTouchDevice()){var $nav_area=$(".nav-area");var $header=$("#header");var $breadcrumb=$("#breadcrumb");var $textarea=$("textarea");$("#head-username, #head-myforums").on("click",function(e){e.preventDefault();e.stopPropagation();return false});$("html").on("touchstart",function(event){if($(".hover").length>0){$("#nav > li.hover").removeClass("hover")}});$nav_area.children().on("touchstart",function(e){e.stopPropagation()});$textarea.on("focus",function(e){$header.css("display","none");$nav_area.css("display","none");$breadcrumb.css("display","none")});$textarea.on("blur",function(e){$header.css("display","");$nav_area.css("display","");$breadcrumb.css("display","")})}};var renderNotifications=function renderNotifications(){var unread=0;if(current_user.counters.private_messages.unread>0){if(user_styleoptions.notification_pm){unread+=1*current_user.counters.private_messages.unread}$("#pm_badge").html(current_user.counters.private_messages.unread)}if(current_user.counters.followed_threads.unread>0){if(user_styleoptions.notification_followedthreads){unread+=1*current_user.counters.followed_threads.unread}$("#thread_badge").html(current_user.counters.followed_threads.unread)}if(current_user.counters.visitor_messages.unread>0){if(user_styleoptions.notification_vm){unread+=1*current_user.counters.visitor_messages.unread}$("#vm_badge").html(current_user.counters.visitor_messages.unread)}if(current_user.counters.friends.requests>0){if(user_styleoptions.notification_friendreq){unread+=1*current_user.counters.friends.requests}$("#freq_badge").html(current_user.counters.friends.requests)}$("#badge_notices").html(unread);if(unread>0){$("#badge_notices").css("display","inline-block")}else{$("#badge_notices").css("display","none")}$.cookie("notification_count",unread,{expires:1,path:"/"})};Menu.refreshFollowed=function refreshFollowed(){Boards.Client.get("/user/followed_forums",null,0,_gotFollowedForums,xhrFail,true)};var _gotFollowedForums=function _gotFollowedForums(data){followed_forums=data;Boards.on("ready",_renderFollowedForums)};var _renderFollowedForums=function _renderFollowedForums(){if(followed_forums.length===0){_renderEmptyFollowedForums();return}var html=[];var columns=1;var split_point=false;var limit=15;var current_column=1;var col_size=0;var total_followed_forums=followed_forums.length;if(total_followed_forums>limit*2){columns=3;$("#forumlist").addClass("three-columns").css("margin-left","-470px")}else if(total_followed_forums>limit){columns=2;$("#forumlist").addClass("two-columns").css("margin-left","-280px")}if(columns>1){col_size=Math.ceil(total_followed_forums>limit*3?limit:total_followed_forums/columns);split_point=col_size}html.push('<div class="title">My Forums</div>');html.push('<div class="columns columns-'+columns+'">');html.push('<div class="column first">');for(var f=0;f<total_followed_forums;f++){var first=true;var unread=followed_forums[f].unread*1;var item_class="";if(current_column===3&&f*1+1===split_point&&total_followed_forums>limit*columns){var remaining=total_followed_forums+1-limit*columns;html.push('<div class="menu-item">');html.push('<a href="/vbulletin/usercp.php" title="View All">');html.push(remaining+" more...");html.push("</a>");html.push("</div>");break}if(f===split_point){current_column++;split_point+=col_size;html.push('</div><div class="column">')}if(f===split_point-1||f===total_followed_forums-1){item_class+=" no-border"}if(f===split_point||columns===1&&f===0){item_class+=" followedforum-point"}html.push('<div class="menu-item'+item_class+'">');html.push('<a href="'+forumlink_base+followed_forums[f].forumid+'" ');html.push('title="Last Post: '+_getTimeAgo(followed_forums[f].lastpost*1e3)+" ago");if(unread){html.push(" (contains unread threads)")}html.push('">');var forum_title=$("<div />").html(followed_forums[f].title).text();if(forum_title.length>22){forum_title=forum_title.slice(0,22)+"…"}html.push(forum_title);if(unread){html.push(" *")}html.push("</a></div>");first=false}html.push("</div></div>");$("#forumlist .container").html(html.join(""))};var _renderEmptyFollowedForums=function _renderEmptyFollowedForums(){var html=[];html.push('<div class="title">My Forums</div>');html.push('<div class="no-followed">');html.push("<p>You are not following any forums.</p>");html.push('<p>Click the "Follow Forum" button at the top of a '+"forum to start following it.</p>");html.push("</div>");$("#forumlist .container").html(html.join(""))};var _getTimeAgo=function _getTimeAgo(timestamp){var seconds=((new Date).getTime()-timestamp)/1e3;var v=0;var u="";if(seconds<60){v=Math.round(seconds);u="sec"}else if(seconds<60*60){v=Math.floor(seconds/60);u="min"}else if(seconds<60*60*24){v=Math.floor(seconds/(60*60));u="hour"}else if(seconds<60*60*24*7){v=Math.floor(seconds/(60*60*24));u="day"}else if(seconds<60*60*24*7*4){v=Math.floor(seconds/(60*60*24*7));u="week"}else if(seconds<60*60*24*7*4*13){v=Math.floor(seconds/(60*60*24*7*4));u="month"}else if(seconds>=60*60*24*7*4*12){v=Math.floor(seconds/(60*60*24*7*52));u="year"}else{return"unknown time"}return v+" "+u+(v>1?"s":"")};var xhrFail=function(message){Boards.log("Error");Boards.log(message)};Menu.isTouchDevice=function isTouchDevice(){if(typeof navigator.msMaxTouchPoints==="number"){return navigator.msMaxTouchPoints>0}return!!("ontouchstart"in window)};return Menu}();[/PHP]

*IANAWD

• Registered Users Posts: 5,230 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    That makes it worse for me niamh,I log out and go back in unticking stay logged in and when i hover over the username and My Forums theres nothing happening, Now find it hard to find the log out button.
    In case you still can't logout - http://www.boards.ie/auth/logout

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Same issue here. On the most recent version of chrome for Mac 38.0.2125.101

Tried logging out to make sure the stay logged in box was ticked. It was and the problem still persists. Oddly, in Safari boards works just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,320 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Made no difference for me either.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Orion wrote: »
    I've always ticked that box - at home and in work. Seeing same issue on both PCs - both using Chrome. I just tested what Vexorg noticed - after about 10ish seconds if I move the mouse around the box all the forums appear as soon as I mouseover them. But not until about 10 seconds after opening the box.

same here.

weirdly the dropdown is working on my work PC, but not on my laptop - they're both Chrome on OSX Mavericks...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

This is potentially related to the 'Stay logged in' box when logging in - if you don't tick box, the My Forums and Control Panel drop down menu do not work as they should; if you do tick it, they work properly.

No effect (like others the box is always ticked).

FWIW also dumped the cookies, no effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,695 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Just rebuilt my office laptop today (Win 8.1 and Chrome 38.0.2125.101 m) and having the same issue :(

Hope ye fix it quick as I don't know where anything is anymore!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

If people could check that out and see if it makes a difference for you, that would be great. That was just the conclusion after a quick look this evening. We think Andres may have looked at this issue previously but he is out of the office this week; we'll try asking him tomorrow and hopefully he will have a quick fix/recommendation for it. If not, we will look into a fix but it may be another little while as Pablo is working alone at the moment.

In the meantime, if checking that box does or does not make a difference, let us know. Thanks for your patience on this :)

Thanks for getting back about this, as can be seen there are a number of users with this issue so i reckon it definitely warrants further inspection.

Tell Pablo his cartel will survive without him for a while and to sort this mess out as a priority :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Still the same for me today on my work laptop but when i was on my home laptop last night and it working 100%...Chrome both on Laptops...You would kinda miss it for handiness :)

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Ok, points all noted and we will check into this asap :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

I updated to chrome 38.something something and got this problem. I then updated to chrome 40.something something developer spec and it went away. I therefore assume its something to do with chromes 38.something something update.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Ok, points all noted and we will check into this asap :)

Just in case this is any help to ye Niamh on my computer it's fixed now.

Didn't update, clear cache or anything like that.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

ken wrote: »
    I updated to chrome 38.something something and got this problem. I then updated to chrome 40.something something developer spec and it went away. I therefore assume its something to do with chromes 38.something something update.

Is 40.x.x a developer release?

I'm on 38.x.x and it's telling me it's up to date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Yeah, 40.x.x is the developer release.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Just started happening for me tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Happening on chrome, firefox & ie for me. Tried deleting cache, cookies, session and logged back in and problem is still there.

I just noticed that Chrome has updated to Version 38.0.2125.104 m and the problem with the blank My Forums drop down persists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Hello all.

I'm sweeping in to let you know that this is getting full attention at the moment and as I'm just back from my holidays, I'm gonna go through the threads and make sure I'm getting an accurate picture of what's happening and to who.

I tried it myself this morning first of all with Chrome. I was still on version 37.x.x.x, but Chrome prompted me for the upgrade to 38.x.x.x. After that upgrade I was affected by this issue too. I have since upgraded to the Developer built which is currently at 40.x.x.x. I would suggest that as a temporary workaround, this isn't a bad one, but is by no means a solution and I'm not suggesting that this is an official fix.

I have not replicated this on any other browser, but I'm going to keep playing around with that to see.

I've also merged all threads about this into one to make it easier to track all the details of the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

happening to myseld on both android and chrome 38.0.2125.101 m. Clicking the down arrow twice beside my forums will eventually bring it up on desktop and re-orientating the screen on android will bring it up

• Registered Users Posts: 28,695 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Just updated to 39.0.2171.27 beta-m (64-bit) from here (2nd link)

My Forums drop-down now working again (Win 8.1 x64)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,897 ✭✭✭Vexorg

happening to myseld on both android and chrome 38.0.2125.101 m. Clicking the down arrow twice beside my forums will eventually bring it up on desktop and re-orientating the screen on android will bring it up

You are a gem... Re orientating the screeen works on my android tablet. Chrome on my desktop and windows tablet have been fine. I have a softspot for this old android tablet so thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Pablo's testing a fix based on this report he spotted: https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=341089

The overflow:hidden seems to be the culprit and an initial fix of simply removing it has meant the list is rendering, but it looks a bit horrible :)

I'll keep you all posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

back working for me on both devices

• Registered Users Posts: 4,897 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Working for me again chrome on andriod

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

It's back working for me now too. (Chrome). Thanks.

Working again for me too, Chrome Windows 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,320 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Still not working for me on Chrome, Firefox or IE.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Upgraded to the 39 version mentioned earlier (win 7), still not working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

I installed the chrome beta on Android and it's all fixed now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

On Chrome on my laptop and it appears to be back again,I Didn't update anything.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement