Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CraftBeerGrowlers.ie

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I'm well aware you can get great bottled beer, I've been doing it a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

I bought a Galway Bay growler at the beer fest, it was 20€ filled with Full Sail. Anyone know how much growler fills are in ATG?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

snowblind wrote: »
    I bought a Galway Bay growler at the beer fest, it was 20€ filled with Full Sail. Anyone know how much growler fills are in ATG?
    I think they're 10 euro for most of the GBB beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Just seen pictures on twitter, They've expanded their range big time. Hope it's going well for them.

Might have to try a Metalman and Dublin Pale, maybe even the Roscommon stuff.

https://twitter.com/CBGrowlers/status/509670824035753984

Son0vagun wrote: »
    Just seen pictures on twitter, They've expanded their range big time. Hope it's going well for them.

They've always had a pretty decent range, but it was spread over the two centre standalone displays with a selection in the fridge. Now with them all put together it looks all the more impressive.

• Advertisement

Ok, so swung by at lunch time, pretty impressive set up. They've rearranged the store itself giving more prominence to their craft beer selection. But that was done the week before last I think, was like that last weekend when I popped in anyway but looks classy all the same.

The growler station is pretty cool. As well as the 1 and 2 litre glass bottles, they have plastic ones like your lemonade bottle. They have 2 different refill systems (and I'm open to correction on this). One for the glass bottles which is the enclosed system, and the one for the PET bottles which look like beer taps that the bottle pops onto. I think you can only get the Lithuanian, or at least one of them anyway, in the plastic bottle as there seems to be only a limited number of kegs that can be connected to the other system.

The 1 litre growlers are €3.50 which you then go back for refills. The plastic bottles are once off, you don't bring them back for refilling. They have a loyalty scheme going on, until the end of November I think, get 8 growlers/refills, get your 9th free.

You could find yourself pretty tipsy after sampling all on offer. My favourite was the Black Donkey saison. The Brooklyn Ridgy Didge was very nice too, quite refreshing but at 8.4% I won't be going on a session with it. I haven't had a larger in quite a while so I enjoyed the Lithuanian Premium Larger, it was very smooth.

It may be the beautiful summer day, but it appears my new favourite style is a saison.

I got myself 2 growlers, a Black Donkey and the Brooklyn, I've had the Metalman and Dublin Pale Ale before so I stuck with my usual method of getting something different every time. Also grabbed the Lithuanian larger for something different.

The beer, unopened, as said previously has a shelf life of 60 days. Once opened, they recommend consumption with 24 hours. So because of this, for me anyway, the 1 litre bottles are the better option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Very good. Already its brought draught beer that isnt available elsewhere to market, that can only be a good thing. The only Carry-out I know is in Clondalkin, I wonder do they have any plans for this.

Advertisement