Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭risteardo

Mince Pie wrote: »
    I don't understand the problem festivals have with freeflow. I know they cite profitability as a problem but at Glastonbury all the bars are rammed. It encourages people into the arena instead of sitting in the campsite necking the drink into you. Makes things less messy as well.
    Also if they want to stop people from bringing their own drink then why can't they have decent options. I dont want to drink Heiniken and spend the day queuing for the portaloos. Not keen on spending all my money on crappy over diluted mega expensive bacardi cocktails either.

That's it exactly, it's not so much the cost for me, as the lack of choice. Each to their own, but pissy lagers just don't do it for me. But it's a sponsored event, and Heineken will expect to sell x number of pints over the weekend. If they don't, some marketing exec gets his wrist slapped. It ****ing sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

I'm going to presume I'm fine on this one - but all this talk of searches etc has made me think; I have a chronic illness that means I've to take a truck load of medication each day. Didnt consider bringing the medication with me would be an issue until now - should I get a doctors note or anything? or once its in the prescription boxes, it should be ok?
    I will need to bring tablets into the arena with me.
    Will you bring in my bag aswel while you're at it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I would just drink pints the whole weekend if they weren't 6 euro and I'm sure others wouldn't be bringing two slabs each if normal priced pints were available

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

fits wrote: »
    lol I feel a bit better about selling my ticket now. (not much but a bit)
    You don't really though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

"oh, my, god Damien, I had to carry my own beer 'cos the bar was at least 300 yards away from where we were sitting at the main stage all day. And the beer got warm 'cos it was sunny. It was terrible"

ffs! reminds me of one my favourite Irish sayings (in truth it's the only one I know) ...

Marbh le tae agus marbh gan é

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭dublinjen

Literary tent line up announced. I find this place is a brilliant area to go when you're brains over frazzled, also I'm sure plenty will be happy to see Roddy Doyle, though there's something for everyone.

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/literary-tent-supported-arts-council-line-just-announced

• Registered Users Posts: 13,279 ✭✭✭✭fits

You don't really though

Well I am definitely susceptible to a bit of FOMO. But I'm a veteran at this stage. Think it was the right decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭this_time

Keywest - the annoying band that busk on Grafton Street weekly announced themselves on the EP Facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭christyden

Fellow EP goers does any one know where I can get a cheap 4 man tent at short notice. Everywhere I checked is sold out :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,279 ✭✭✭✭fits

argos?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭christyden

fits wrote: »
    argos?

Sold out nationwide on the 4 man

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

christyden wrote: »
    Fellow EP goers does any one know where I can get a cheap 4 man tent at short notice. Everywhere I checked is sold out :-(

What part of the country are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

christyden wrote: »

Not sure if you've tried here, says it's in stock on the website.

http://www.omearacamping.com/meran-4-person-dome-tent-864-p.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

dublinjen wrote: »
    Literary tent line up announced. I find this place is a brilliant area to go when you're brains over frazzled, also I'm sure plenty will be happy to see Roddy Doyle, though there's something for everyone.

Cannot tell you how much of a grumpy ****e he is. Ended up sitting beside him on a bench in Mindfield last year as I tucked into some grub. It wasn't busy at all and a woman spotted him and came over with her young child to say hello.

'Hello Roddy'. Disinterested 'Hi' back.
    'We just had to come over to tell you how much little Johnny loves your Rover series'.
    'Oh'.
    'Yes, they are his favourite books'.
    'Right'.
    'Say hello Johnny'. Disgruntled 'hi' back and looks around to make it clear the conversation was over. They walked away embarrassed.

He is an ignorant git!

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

http://www.halfords.ie/motoring-travel/camping-caravanning/3-4-man-tents/urban-escape-4-man-inflatable-tent

Well hold god! An inflatable tent! Never seen the likes! Check out that video, no more worries of broken poles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

mimimcmc wrote: »
    http://www.halfords.ie/motoring-travel/camping-caravanning/3-4-man-tents/urban-escape-4-man-inflatable-tent

Well hold god! An inflatable tent! Never seen the likes! Check out that video, no more worries of broken poles

I was thinking about one but they are counter productive for a festival, you are just leaving it wide open for someone to release the air out for the craic. The caps on them are really obvious to open.

Better in more peaceful surrounds but may aswell spare the money and use poles then.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

What do people think is the peak arrival time on Friday? I usually arrive before 1pm and feel like I'm ahead of the peak. This year I'll be working until 5pm and leaving M50 Dublin around this time. Will it be mad busy at this time? What time is it likely to calm down again if I want to wait until later, maybe 9pm?

I understand this is just people's opinion.
    Thanks

I usually leave dublin at 3,it's not to bad after that as themajority have arrived. Less likely to get the scrotes coming down at that time hence the reason I've never had bother at the tent. Leave any later and you'll miss to many acts

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

I was looking for a cooler bag of some description. There are a few in Argos that seem reasonably priced.

Would people recommend these to keep beer "cool". Like if the beers are pre-chilled in the freezer and I packed them into a cooler bag, how long are they likely to stay cold.

I had looked at cooler boxes but I'm looking for a cheap/handy option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

mimimcmc wrote: »

"No Mary, put the guy ropes in the next county please"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

they're using those little black tensioner things wrong too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

John83 wrote: »
    I was looking for a cooler bag of some description. There are a few in Argos that seem reasonably priced.

Would people recommend these to keep beer "cool". Like if the beers are pre-chilled in the freezer and I packed them into a cooler bag, how long are they likely to stay cold.

Tried and tested method every year..

Chill beers.. but in one of those plastic freezer bags from aldi/Tesco. But bag in cooler box. Fill bag with ice.. Close up..

We have done this many times on the Friday morning and had ice cold beers all day and night. Saturday afternoon buy a bag of ice and top up.. keep replacing cans!

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

They have cooler bags in Homestore (August Promo so may not be many left). We usually buy ice in the centra and dump it into the cooler bag with the beers. You could probably get just as good a result with a cheap freezer bag from Iceland or Tesco...

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

mejulie805 wrote: »
    They have cooler bags in Homestore (August Promo so may not be many left). We usually buy ice in the centra and dump it into the cooler bag with the beers. You could probably get just as good a result with a cheap freezer bag from Iceland or Tesco...

Can you buy ice on site or do you have to leave?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Can you buy ice on site or do you have to leave?

You can but it sells out very fast

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

Be careful not to leave the beers in the freezer for too long!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

DoubleJoe7 wrote: »
    Be careful not to leave the beers in the freezer for too long!

nukew.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

4TOC78YEB6KG.png

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Peterd66

Have an inflatable awing for the camper van on maiden voyage. Deflation points not obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

War on drugs just put something on Facebook saying playing Ep on Friday at 7pm.

Perfect slot for them as far as I'm concerned...hopefully main stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

Easy Rod wrote: »
    War on drugs just put something on Facebook saying playing Ep on Friday at 7pm.

Perfect slot for them as far as I'm concerned...hopefully main stage.

Didn't Coronas say they were main stage at 7.30?

Maybe the War on Drugs are in the Electric Arena.

Advertisement