Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Canneverfindit

I'm going to presume I'm fine on this one - but all this talk of searches etc has made me think; I have a chronic illness that means I've to take a truck load of medication each day. Didnt consider bringing the medication with me would be an issue until now - should I get a doctors note or anything? or once its in the prescription boxes, it should be ok?
    I will need to bring tablets into the arena with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

pmalone wrote: »
    you make it sound easy ... ;)

I probably shouldn't be giving away Festival tricks of the trade on here tbh! ;)

Edit- I've never performed at the Picnic but Ireland's a small country and it's amazing what a small bit of networking & experience can do with regard to getting perks at festivals

The 1.00am bars thing is a load of bollox though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭novemberskye

I'm going to presume I'm fine on this one - but all this talk of searches etc has made me think; I have a chronic illness that means I've to take a truck load of medication each day. Didnt consider bringing the medication with me would be an issue until now - should I get a doctors note or anything? or once its in the prescription boxes, it should be ok?
    I will need to bring tablets into the arena with me.

You should be ok! I also have to carry a bag load of meds with me everywhere I go including an anapen and I've never been asked to explain going through their searches. I carry all mine in a pencil case and just pop it into my bag then

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭endainoz

Well if there isnt some other 'high profile Irish act' at least we'll always have this

Your all welcome by the way

You should be ok! I also have to carry a bag load of meds with me everywhere I go including an anapen and I've never been asked to explain going through their searches. I carry all mine in a pencil case and just pop it into my bag then

ah mighty! thanks a million - mind at ease!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Peterd66 wrote: »
    Would always been against this strict policy until I went to B&s this year. They have a policy of allowing you bring in your own beer all day, which sounds great. But in reality its a pain, beer is heavy and gets warn. As a result of policy much much fewer bars, so you have to go miles for a beer when you run out of the warm beer in your pockets. Again and again. Somewhere in between would be ideal.

very much true, personally I'm past the stage of worrying over a few euros for beers , i bring less to the campsite as i know im not arsed trying to get past security. also i like cold pints and there isnt any ques :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

AllTvvins might be playing? Would like to see them again...

http://youtu.be/tBmQTQEfn8U

This would be good Sunday listening :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭sputnick123

if you are drinking spirits just buy breast milk bags and fill 'em up and then slid them down the sides of your wellies - works for me every time. Then just buy mixers at the food tents - bobs your uncle :-)

looks like boutique and pink moon are together then just got my podpads email

The Podpads will be situated in the Pink Moon Campsite.

Parking is free at Electric Picnic, the best area to park is the Green car park X and Z, you can then enter through the Paintball entrance. Keep left through the woods after entering the festival site through the Paintball entrance, there will be Pink Moon Camping signs along the walking routes. The podpads will be ready for check in at 9am on the Friday and we ask guests to leave by 10am on the Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I know a guy who got stopped with anti depressants last year and got a lot of hassle for not having a prescription to prove he needed them.
    Granted it was his second time stopped and first time he had stuff he shouldn't have had. They note your wristband number when they find you with contraband.

Effects wrote: »
    I know a guy who got stopped with anti depressants last year and got a lot of hassle for not having a prescription to prove he needed them.

Really? Ok - thats helpful, thanks. Especially if it was a prescription he needed. I really didnt want to take the trip to the docs for a letter next week (as I'm working for most of it) but I have a billion prescriptions at home that I could throw in my bag as a 'in case' if needed. Never thought of that :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 4 pawsmurf

looks like boutique and pink moon are together then just got my podpads email

The Podpads will be situated in the Pink Moon Campsite.

Parking is free at Electric Picnic, the best area to park is the Green car park X and Z, you can then enter through the Paintball entrance. Keep left through the woods after entering the festival site through the Paintball entrance, there will be Pink Moon Camping signs along the walking routes. The podpads will be ready for check in at 9am on the Friday and we ask guests to leave by 10am on the Monday.

I just got the same email. Don't Pink Moon Campers have to pay to upgrade to access the boutique campsite? I though when you booked podpads that you automatically received that?

I think that was access to the vip area that comes with the boutique crews but its not actually in the boutique its to the side of the main arena

Judging by the email pink camping is still where it was and boutique has up that way. im glad that new entrance to the arena has been announced

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭BrianosaurJr

Lots of talk about this 'big Irish act' that is yet to be announced. Not sure if it was mentioned here in the last few pages already, but THE CORONAS have been added...who as most people know, are the 'tumbleweed' of festival announcements.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭dublinjen

Just a tip for y'all...was double checking my list just now, did a search for "wipes" on this thread. Serious lifesaver, <3 for this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Peterd66 wrote: »
    Would always been against this strict policy until I went to B&s this year. They have a policy of allowing you bring in your own beer all day, which sounds great. But in reality its a pain, beer is heavy and gets warn. As a result of policy much much fewer bars, so you have to go miles for a beer when you run out of the warm beer in your pockets. Again and again. Somewhere in between would be ideal.

No where is mile to go in body and soul in the main arena. Its far better the amount of time wasted walking back to the tent , getting cans into ya, walking back into the arena and repeat ad nauseum all weekend.

Most of us don't wanna fork out €6 for cold water beers all day.
    The free flow systems is the job and most people will agree with that, its actually a key part of the appeal of the festival now.

Really? Ok - thats helpful, thanks. Especially if it was a prescription he needed. I really didnt want to take the trip to the docs for a letter next week (as I'm working for most of it) but I have a billion prescriptions at home that I could throw in my bag as a 'in case' if needed. Never thought of that :-/

When in doubt message the electric picnic facebook, they're good for replying and you can print a screenshot and bring it with you

dublinjen wrote: »
    When in doubt message the electric picnic facebook, they're good for replying and you can print a screenshot and bring it with you

You lot are geniuses! can I use you after EP to sort my life out in general??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,299 ✭✭✭✭fits

Lots of talk about this 'big Irish act' that is yet to be announced. Not sure if it was mentioned here in the last few pages already, but THE CORONAS have been added...who as most people know, are the 'tumbleweed' of festival announcements.

lol I feel a bit better about selling my ticket now. (not much but a bit)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

stevire wrote: »
    AllTvvins might be playing? Would like to see them again...

Where did you hear that? Love the song that's on the radio a good bit these days

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

yeah it was. there's another "high profile Irish act" still to be announced according to yer man at Hot Press.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

OK, got my flight details for a work trip next week to Budapest on Monday and I am going to be landing back in Dublin at 11pm on Thursday night, so I better get my picnic gear packed up this weekend. I tend to arrive at picnic on the Fridays at 11am so that gives me 12 hours from landing to pitching tent. And I will be working 16-18 hour days while out there. This should be interesting.......

Any advice how to get to car parks x or y coming from Dublin? Think I was in a or b last year but that was just following the roads and the way the stewards sent us

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

room_149 wrote: »
    Get an artists pass or family pass. The security lads don't search your bags if you have these wristbands. I had an artists pass the last couple of years- cans all day!

Wanna earn 20 an hour😉

if you are drinking spirits just buy breast milk bags and fill 'em up and then slid them down the sides of your wellies - works for me every time. Then just buy mixers at the food tents - bobs your uncle :-)

Where exactly does one procure breast milk bags and are they mighty expensive?

Edit: found them - http://www.mothercare.ie/innosenser-breast-milk-storage-bags-20-pack.html

Sending the other half a request to pick these up with no explanation as to why, mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Any advice how to get to car parks x or y coming from Dublin? Think I was in a or b last year but that was just following the roads and the way the stewards sent us
    go down the M9 and get off for Athy, go through and follow the road for Stradbally and you'll come in from the south east. you'll drive up the main street and then it's just out the road and to the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

the searches are actually quite a buzz kill I'd like to be able to just carry a couple of cans around with me instead of having to gooch vodka :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

I don't understand the problem festivals have with freeflow. I know they cite profitability as a problem but at Glastonbury all the bars are rammed. It encourages people into the arena instead of sitting in the campsite necking the drink into you. Makes things less messy as well.
    Also if they want to stop people from bringing their own drink then why can't they have decent options. I dont want to drink Heiniken and spend the day queuing for the portaloos. Not keen on spending all my money on crappy over diluted mega expensive bacardi cocktails either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 IntoYourSister

What do people think is the peak arrival time on Friday? I usually arrive before 1pm and feel like I'm ahead of the peak. This year I'll be working until 5pm and leaving M50 Dublin around this time. Will it be mad busy at this time? What time is it likely to calm down again if I want to wait until later, maybe 9pm?

I understand this is just people's opinion.

Thanks

Advertisement