Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night: Jacare vs Mousasi

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Camozzi was robbed, took the second and third imo. Would have called if a draw at a push if i had to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

what fight is it on now lads?

evo2000 wrote: »
    what fight is it on now lads?

Al Iaquinta is up next! Three fights in so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Very odd ending Damm was covering up well I thought, Think Herb was just showing mercy after the first knockdown as Iaquinta very dominant anyway.

What a sub, Moraga is the man. Great price aswell, Reem KO and il be happy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Great fight from Lauzon & Cheisa, not happy it ended like that because I was enjoying it so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ptyloch

Did Herb Dean just make a bad call? I didn't think that cut was bad enough to stop the fight over it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

ptyloch wrote: »
    Did Herb Dean just make a bad call? I didn't think that cut was bad enough to stop the fight over it?

was it not the doctor?

The Doctor makes the call on the cut not the ref!

Great fight, have major love from Joe, had him ahead anyway but i hate stoppages like this!

ASOT wrote: »
    The Doctor makes the call on the cut not the ref!

Great fight, have major love from Joe, had him ahead anyway but i hate stoppages like this!

Sorry, my mistake, thought the decision was refs on advice of doctor.

Very disappointing though.

• Advertisement

Sorry, my mistake, thought the decision was refs on advice of doctor.

Very disappointing though.

Yeah thats the way it looked with the camera on Herb but its the Docs call anyway! It was nowhere near Sanchez stoppage level he could have gone on anwyay imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Think Joe would win anyway but I'd see no harm in a rematch fairly good action till the cut

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭davemc180

unlucky stoppage was shaping up for a good brawl

nice win for me! benny by ko boom!

Overeem finished again! His stock is really going down with each fight.

when I seen his poster against brock lesner I was thinking the size this bloke hes gonna be a machine!!

well all I can say is that worked out well

His chin is more or less non existent at this stage, there goes all my multiples but i just about got my money back thanks to Moraga!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Kev M

Overeem should hang it up now. He's a blown up 205 pounder who's chin wouldn't last at 205 these days, never mind HW. He doesn't have a shot at JDS or Cain, and he's probably made enough money to not have to go on taking more damage from 2nd and 3rd tier guys. Good career all in all, would hate to see this happen to him again.

Kev M wrote: »
    Overeem should hang it up now. He's a blown up 205 pounder who's chin wouldn't last at 205 these days, never mind HW. He doesn't have a shot at JDS or Cain, and he's probably made enough money to not have to go on taking more damage from 2nd and 3rd tier guys. Good career all in all, would hate to see this happen to him again.

He should but he won't and that's the sad part. In the UFC his only wins are Lesnar and Mir, he doesn't stand a chance agains anyone from the top 5.

He should but he won't and that's the sad part. In the UFC his only wins are Lesnar and Mir, he doesn't stand a chance agains anyone from the top 5.

Yeah i agree his just pissin in the wind now in the ufc his a great fighter has all the skill, just has zero chin!

• Advertisement

Thats why he turned down the JDS fight, he knew he would be destroyed! Cant wait for this fight now, Hope Jacare wins then goes on to take the belt. Really has came along so much and itsnt just a BJJ beast.

Jacare will beat Weidman

ASOT wrote: »
    Jacare will beat Weidman

I don't think so..

given only seen Weidman in his highlights an ppv,s but imo he seems very solid..

jacare looks like he gases, tonight if geagar hadve kept it on his feet the 2nd I think it would have been a diff fight

jacare game plan is now black and white

swing bombs without skill and go for the takedown..

if your can last into the 4th round jacare is done..

Weidman is an elite wrestler remember..

I thiks its gonna be a Weidman early finish I have faith in him

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Fiddle Castro

Was that Ais Daly passed out during a weight cut on the promo for TUF?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,757 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Was that Ais Daly passed out during a weight cut on the promo for TUF?

Don't know why she was passed out but ye it was her. The other girls were calling her name.
    Seen them all in the front row. Mmmmm

davemc180 wrote: »
    I don't think so..

given only seen Weidman in his highlights an ppv,s but imo he seems very solid..

jacare looks like he gases, tonight if geagar hadve kept it on his feet the 2nd I think it would have been a diff fight

jacare game plan is now black and white

swing bombs without skill and go for the takedown..

if your can last into the 4th round jacare is done..

Weidman is an elite wrestler remember..

I thiks its gonna be a Weidman early finish I have faith in him

I agree wiedman is too rough and too tough! he ll def ko jacare, jacare is good not great imo.. wiedman round 1 or 2 ko

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Hope Belfort is forced to pull out/banned for the fight with Weidman.

Way more interested in Jacare/Weidman.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Absolutely cracking card top to bottom, imagine how good it could have been with Lentz/Oliviera and Lauzon/Chiesa getting a 3rd round! Gutting for Overeem, his only hope in fights is to keep out of punch range and destroy them with kicks. Scoggins got ridiculously complacent and paid for it, he has all the talent though just needs to sort out his head. Mousasi was smashed, Jacare's aggressive Jitz is a joy to watch. What a great card!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

People are living in another world if they think Jacare can take Weidman down. Weidman is just as athletic and strong as Jacare (perhaps even more so) and has much better wrestling. Jacare needs to be tagging Weidman if he wants to have a chance at the TD.

Also, Weidman's submission grappling is actually super high level, and is improving super fast, he went toe to toe with Galvao at ADCC and only lost on points and wasn't dominated completely at all... and this was 5 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Living in another world might be a bit of a stretch. Certainly not beyond the realms of possibility in our current planet. If you don't think Jacare's own grappling hasn't improved in those years, you're living on another planet. Maybe the left or the right of Weidman's testicles....?

Advertisement