Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night: Jacare vs Mousasi

Options
  • 02-09-2014 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭

poster1.jpg

Main Card (Fox Sports 1)

Middleweight: Ronaldo Souza vs. Gegard Mousasi
    Heavyweight: Alistair Overeem vs. Ben Rothwell
    Heavyweight: Matt Mitrione vs. Derrick Lewis
    Lightweight: Joe Lauzon vs. Michael Chiesa
    Featherweight: Nik Lentz vs. Charles Oliveira
    Flyweight: John Moraga vs. Justin Scoggins

Preliminary card (Fox Sports 1)

Lightweight: Al Iaquinta vs. Rodrigo Damm
    Middleweight: Rafael Natal vs. Chris Camozzi
    Bantamweight: Tateki Matsuda vs. Chris Beal
    Featherweight: Sean Soriano vs. Chas Skelly

Cant wait for this one, would have happily accepted this instead of 177 as a PPV. This really is a very solid card! Really looking forward to the main event, Hopefully Jacare gets the job done im dying to see him fight Weidman! The two heavyweight bouts should be class, If the Reem manages to win he cant dodge JDS again which i assume will be his next fight. I think Chiesa will have to much for Joe who seems to be on a bit of a downward spiral even if he did win his last fight. Moraga if he wins will be back in the mix for a title shot i would assume? Should be another quality fight. Undercard is fairly solid to.

Really looking forward to this one :D:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Locomotion

ASOT wrote: »
    If the Reem manages to win he cant dodge JDS again which i assume will be his next fight.

Wish that was true, have been dying to see JDS put Reem in his place for years now. But Reem is currently walking around at 210 lbs. My guess is, win or lose, he's going down to LHW after this one

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Really looking forward to seeing Chris Beal fight again. Was very impressive against Patrick Williams with a lovely flying knee. Certainly one to keep an eye on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

poster1.jpg

Main Card (Fox Sports 1)

Middleweight: Ronaldo Souza vs. Gegard Mousasi
    Heavyweight: Alistair Overeem vs. Ben Rothwell
    Heavyweight: Matt Mitrione vs. Derrick Lewis
    Lightweight: Joe Lauzon vs. Michael Chiesa
    Featherweight: Nik Lentz vs. Charles Oliveira
    Flyweight: John Moraga vs. Justin Scoggins

Preliminary card (Fox Sports 1)

Lightweight: Al Iaquinta vs. Rodrigo Damm
    Middleweight: Rafael Natal vs. Chris Camozzi
    Bantamweight: Tateki Matsuda vs. Chris Beal
    Featherweight: Sean Soriano vs. Chas Skelly

Cant wait for this one, would have happily accepted this instead of 177 as a PPV. This really is a very solid card! Really looking forward to the main event, Hopefully Jacare gets the job done im dying to see him fight Weidman! The two heavyweight bouts should be class, If the Reem manages to win he cant dodge JDS again which i assume will be his next fight. I think Chiesa will have to much for Joe who seems to be on a bit of a downward spiral even if he did win his last fight. Moraga if he wins will be back in the mix for a title shot i would assume? Should be another quality fight. Undercard is fairly solid to.

Really looking forward to this one :D:D

Hell of a lot better than 177!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,159 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Locomotion wrote: »
    Wish that was true, have been dying to see JDS put Reem in his place for years now. But Reem is currently walking around at 210 lbs. My guess is, win or lose, he's going down to LHW after this one

Really? Where did you get that.
    If he is 210 currently, he is smaller than the entire LHW roster, and probably similar to many MWs.

I've a feeling he was trolling if he said that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Mellor wrote: »
    Really? Where did you get that.
    If he is 210 currently, he is smaller than the entire LHW roster, and probably similar to many MWs

http://fansided.com/2014/08/28/alistair-overeem-weighs-210-pounds-light-heavyweight-future/

He said it on twitter, still looks absolutely huge in them pictures so maybe just mind games?

• Advertisement

http://fansided.com/2014/08/28/alistair-overeem-weighs-210-pounds-light-heavyweight-future/

He said it on twitter, still looks absolutely huge in them pictures so maybe just mind games?

He ll be better off for it, he ll have way way better cardio imo thats what was holding him back hes still plenty big, and has the technique to ko any hw!

he musta been ate n bowls of steroids for breakfast tho!

evo2000 wrote: »
    He ll be better off for it, he ll have way way better cardio imo thats what was holding him back hes still plenty big, and has the technique to ko any hw!

he musta been ate n bowls of steroids for breakfast tho!

Some different from when he peaked on the roids, absolute animal size.

alistairovereem_2190017b.jpg

Wouldnt surprise me if he was 210 in them pictures actually on second look. Especially comparing him to cerrone.

Some different from when he peaked on the roids, absolute animal size.

alistairovereem_2190017b.jpg

Wouldnt surprise me if he was 210 in them pictures actually on second look. Especially comparing him to cerrone.

Some beast!

If i was him id have just turned around and carried arianny celeste to the hotel room! lol king kong job!

Some beast!

If i was him id have just turned around and carried arianny celeste to the hotel room! lol king kong job!

The look on Joes face says it all about this picture :pac: I actually like Reem if he could drop to 205 there would be some good matchups there for him!

I very much doubt that he's 210 there. He looks way bigger than a typical MW. We'll see on the scales.
    An over under bet would be interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,335 ✭✭✭xtal191

I'd say he's about 232lbs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Locomotion

If he went down to 205, he could fight Rumble Johnson next. The two of them have been name calling all week

xtal191 wrote: »

210 pounds is still big

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

210 pounds is still big

Not really, middleweights would be cutting from 210. It's extremely unlikely he's 210.

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Not really, middleweights would be cutting from 210. It's extremely unlikely he's 210.

Yeah i know but still if you were 210 lbs of pure muscle you d still look fairly big its far from small

Easy Rod wrote: »

He s def not 210 tho! lol

Yeah i know but still if you were 210 lbs of pure muscle you d still look fairly big its far from small
    Yeah it's definitely not small for a typical person. That's like 95kg, most people that weight are just fat. The one that's are lean stand out as muscular.

Alistair Overeem 248lbs
    Lol at people thinking he was anything like 210.
    Alistar Trollereem

If Oliveria really did have a viral infection and thats why he missed weight then Lentz on points @3.40 looks great value.

• Advertisement

If Oliveria really did have a viral infection and thats why he missed weight then Lentz on points @3.40 looks great value.

You think it might not be true?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭p to the e

Mousasi is a massive underdog going into this fight according to Paddy Power. Might have me some of that.

You think it might not be true?

Well it's not the first time he's missed weight so you never know, seems like a great price anyway for a Lentz points win.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Oliviera out of the fight against Lentz, sucks big time was really looking forward to that. So much disappointment within the last few weeks UFC-wise.

This really ****s up my bets :(

This really ****s up my bets :(

Me too
    V.annoying

Me too
    V.annoying

Lots of complaining on twitter from fighters about how many fights have been scraped lately due to injuries. In reality theres just to many cards being put on, but more $$$ in the UFCs pockets!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Bane

What time do ye think the main event will start about? The usual? Around 5+am?

Bane wrote: »
    What time do ye think the main event will start about? The usual? Around 5+am?

Itl be after 4.30 anyway id say! The cards one fight down now but that didnt stop them dragging out UFC 177 that only had three prelims.

• Advertisement

Natal again runs out of gas, whats his problem? He looked ****ed halfway through the second.

Advertisement