Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iCloud leaks/Celeb pic leaks *Warning in OP*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Sleepy wrote: »
    It's a little hard to take her "They're fake" seriously when the others all appear to be real... I'm sure some neck-beard will be along shortly to analyze the pixelation of the image and "verify" it's authenticity :rolleyes:

Am I right in guessing this is going to boil down to people not knowing about Apples backup features and leaving default passwords set on their accounts? i.e. a social media version of the voicemail "hacking"...

Neckbeard here!

Her pics are real. There is a comparison image doing the rounds. I wont link here for obvious reasons but there is a colored robe in the background that also appears in one of her self published twitter pics. Color of walls the same and frame of door the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,196 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I'm sure Apple are sufficiently protected by their user agreements etc. to be safe from legal action...

That said, a hundred pissed off A listers can probably do a hell of a lot of damage to a brand if they choose to.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

If it is apple's icloud watch the share price drop like a stone. It may not be. As one fella pointed out a lot of the pics are taken with android phones. Though the pics may have been stored on another's phone and an apple one(boyfriend maybe). Personally I'd be looking at a phone company. Apparently there are more to come, so whoever the "hacker" was he had some level of access to whatever database he attacked.

It's one reason I back up my stuff to local drives and do DVD backups of my important stuff.

Though call me old fashioned/paranoid, one real easy way of not getting your private pics online is maybe stop taking nekkid pics of yourself and sending them to other people?

I love how reddit has called this The Fappening. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

You can be damned sure that a lot of celebs and plebs are logged on to icloud right now deleting lots of content, possibly including their accounts. Big brand damage all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

smash wrote: »
    Would you recommend saving to physical drives that when stolen can never be recovered?
    You can encrypt a drive but your point is valid. The info is gone.
    I suppose the user has to weigh up the need to be able to recover the info in the event it is lost versus losing a level of control over their data. In general, just because a company has a big name, that doesn't mean I have faith in them. Still angry over vista.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,473 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Wibbs wrote: »
    If it is apple's icloud watch the share price drop like a stone. It may not be. As one fella pointed out a lot of the pics are taken with android phones. Though the pics may have been stored on another's phone and an apple one(boyfriend maybe). Personally I'd be looking at a phone company. Apparently there are more to come, so whoever the "hacker" was he had some level of access to whatever database he attacked.

It's one reason I back up my stuff to local drives and do DVD backups of my important stuff.

Though call me old fashioned/paranoid, one real easy way of not getting your private pics online is maybe stop taking nekkid pics of yourself and sending them to other people?

I love how reddit has called this The Fappening. :D

Looks almost certainly to be icloud with a brute force attack and a vulnerability in find my iPhone. This won't have any effect on the share price. Might make their iPhone 6/ios8 reveal a little awkward with their new partnership with credit card companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I'm holding out hope for some Oprah Winfrey pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Putin

Wibbs wrote: »

Me too, it's the only sensible way to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,196 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Neckbeard here!

Her pics are real. There is a comparison image doing the rounds. I wont link here for obvious reasons but there is a colored robe in the background that also appears in one of her self published twitter pics. Color of walls the same and frame of door the same.
    I have to say, I've no more interest in her pics than those of any other pretty girl as I'd no idea who she was until this happened. Actually had to google her to see who she was and all I'd have seen her in was a bit part as "generic pretty girl" in The First Time.

Showing my age but it'd be the Kirsten Dunst ones that would float my boat... but the manner in which these have been released is pretty creepy. Maybe there'll be a few of them that'll do Playboy shoots out of a "**** it, may as well cash in on it" reaction ;)

Snapchat was my instant thought of a source for these. Call me old fashioned but while I've an interest in photography and have taken similar photos in the past, I'd never have stored them unencrypted, in a cloud location or even failed to wipe the SD card properly...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The only way to avoid pics like these getting in to the public domain is not to take them in the first place.
    Nonsense, I have an even better way of protecting your pictures from getting out. Just get really fat and ugly. I have hundreds of nudie pics online and no one goes next nor near them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Until details are released there's no point in people blaming iCloud. They could be from Dropbox, google drive etc too. I'll still bet they're from multiple sources and it's plain old password hacks.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

You can be damned sure that a lot of celebs and plebs are logged on to icloud right now deleting lots of content, possibly including their accounts. Big brand damage all right.
    True, though I'd imagine at least some of these kinda pics were meant for lovers and sent to their phones, so they're gonna have to delete such material from both their own and partners phones and laptops, pads, desktops. Chances are all their devices are backing up to the cloud.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Nude pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

ScumLord wrote: »
    Nonsense, I have an even better way of protecting your pictures from getting out. Just get really fat and ugly. I have hundreds of nudie pics online and no one goes next nor near them.

Have you check out the fetish sites , the ones of you with baby oil and feathers are real earners and what you did with the jalapeno poppers, was amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

mods sorry if this isn't allowed - but I was sent this topless pic of Emma Watson.

(not my joke)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

grizzly wrote: »
    mods sorry if this isn't allowed - but I was sent this topless pic of Emma Watson.

(not my joke)
    I'm annoyed at myself for laughing at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Can't believe there is actually a naked photo/s/ videos of one or both of the Olsen Twins out there some where

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

and what you did with the jalapeno poppers, was amazing
    That was a picture of a chicken casserole, not a picture of me you bastard.

Kim Kardasian has released a statement saying that pictures released showing her wearing clothes are clearly fake and not her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

You must be out of your mind to store those things online. Especially well known people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Hoping some nudes of Sasha Grey will leak, unlikely but a man can dream.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

An Apple iCloud hack doesn't explain the pics taken by Android devices (you can see S4s in some of them) and I read that ICloud doesn't upload videos so perhaps this was a different method of hacking.

Certainly if ICloud was open in this way then someone could be doing a lot more damage then posting celeb pics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Earlier today I saw 4chan wanted to start a #leakforJLaw where girls would put up pictures of themselves. I didnt think it would work but it turns out it did.

ScumLord wrote: »
    That was a picture of a chicken casserole, not a picture of me you bastard.

You do scat as well :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Kim Kardasian has released a statement saying that pictures released showing her wearing clothes are clearly fake and not her.

She is also reported to have said, that any pictures not taken with a wide angled lense(panaoramic shot) to fit her ass in. Should also be treated as fakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Earlier today I saw 4chan wanted to start a #leakforJLaw where girls would put up pictures of themselves. I didnt think it would work but it turns out it did.

Yup it did!

The person who released the photos has been found.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Jesus. They are.

Some gobshíte called "Laura Mendez ‏@ISTANDWITHJLAW" set up a Twitter for the sole purpose of this (at least thats what it looks like).

Still though. Crackin' tits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

The person who released the photos has been found.

link?

• Advertisement

kjl wrote: »
    link?

Here

Advertisement