Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 1 Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Whatever about how good that play was, Clinton-Dix should be torn a new one for that pathetic attempt at a tackle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Shocking defence but when dom capers is calling the plays you stop being shocked

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Whatever about how good that play was, Clinton-Dix should be torn a new one for that pathetic attempt at a tackle.

Certainly wasn't laughing then.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Good play design but shocking defense there with a missed tackle thrown in. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix won't be laughing after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

The play from Harvin before that TD was also a great one. Ridiculously good play calling from Seattle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Peist2007 wrote: »
    Is it a Seattle strategy not to have their corners "flip-flopping" or is it Sherman's way of playing?

Since there is a lot of teams that have only one "decent" WR, I think it would have to be Sherman's way of playing. No way Pete Carroll is that rigid that he wouldn't let his top CB take out the main offense threat just to suit the system because if the system is a that rigid it will be found out pretty quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Shocking defence but when dom capers is calling the plays you stop being shocked

Anything is possible.

:(

That_Guy wrote: »
    Certainly wasn't laughing then.

Ha... Ho?

Looks like we are set up for a cracking game.

How long till the Ha-Ha jokes get old?

Not anytime soon haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

I have Greenbay QB and Seattle DEF on my fantasy football.

I don't know who to cheer for...

Two players injured on one play.

Well we are nearly 20 full minutes into the season, it was overdue.

This is the Auburn play Collinsworth referenced, vs Alabama.

ih3R8tYvXniXl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Don't want to jump to any conclusions but Richard Rodgers left leg doesn't look good there.

Edit nevermind, it's Bulaga who is worse off. Balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Billy86 wrote: »
    Two players injured on one play.

Well we are nearly 20 full minutes into the season, it was overdue.

We had raji lyeria bostik and am i missing anyone??

Agent J wrote: »
    I have Greenbay QB and Seattle DEF on my fantasy football.

I don't know who to cheer for...

I got roped into 4 leagues...disaster

No way fantasy will be fun this year, too confusing. The players I have active across the leagues right now: Wilson, Lynch, Harvin, Rodgers, Lacy, Seahawks D

First deep attempt all night from Rodgers and we get big yardage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Hazys wrote: »
    I got roped into 4 leagues...disaster

No way fantasy will be fun this year, too confusing. The players I have active across the leagues right now: Wilson, Lynch, Harvin, Rodgers, Lacy, Seahawks D

I'm not going to pretend I know enough about the game yet but I figure Fantasy is a good way to learn...

I did not mean to hedge on my first game.

With the stricter def pass interference calls, were going to see a lot of offenses on 3rd and long, just throwing it deep hoping for a flag

We had raji lyeria bostik and am i missing anyone??
    Tretter and Barclay. 2 starting linemen injured and the main backup to bot of them, plus three of our five TEs (four TEs really, Taylor is more a ST guy).

NICE!!! Pass int, will take it! :)

• Advertisement

A waste. Run when we should pass, pass when we should run.

Thought Rodgers had space there in to go but might not have made it.

Agent J wrote: »
    I'm not going to pretend I know enough about the game yet but I figure Fantasy is a good way to learn...

I did not mean to hedge on my first game.

Fantasy Football is just obsessive, you'll end up watching waaay more football than you would normally...e.g. you'll stay up late on a Monday night watching the Browns Vs Jaguars in hopes your kicker can somehow pull off 15 points to win your matchup.

You'll learn loads about football but you'll probably be fired from your job...swings and roundabouts really

Thought Rodgers had space there in to go but might not have made it.

A LB had the zone covered.

Amazing catch from Miller!

What a catch!! Zachery!!

Beautiful catch right there.

Hazys wrote: »
    With the stricter def pass interference calls, were going to see a lot of offenses on 3rd and long, just throwing it deep hoping for a flag

And unfortunately that's already been showing up during the preseason. And I suppose why not, especially since OPI calls have become a rarity in the league.

I knew we couldn't have a positive play on defence without a hitch!

Wilson looking sharp too.

A good QB but he looks like he's ready to take it to the next level this season.

In one of my fantasy drafts, with 10 teams, i took him as the 14th picked QB, it was a panic pick....could work out very well

• Advertisement

Just so, so easy for Seattle to march up the field. This one is gonna be on the Packers offence.

The Packers stood out as probably the worst tacklers last year in terms of not wrapping up and missing tackles. Nothing has changed this year. Lynch practically strolls into the end zone.

Advertisement