Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oh dear

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Because it's fun.

I'm really doubting that any of this actually happened.

The original story was a little of the the top, and now the cliched story and the apparent complete lack of regret or guilt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

I'm starting to doubt it too. Perhaps it's just a thrill for the OP to type out a fantasy and have us all react to it. What started off in the OP as what seemed like a genuine "I don't know what to do - help me" plea has seemingly now turned into "I've done it, I'm glad and I'm gonna revel in it" type thing which just strikes me as odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

Paddy C wrote: »
    I'm starting to doubt it too. Perhaps it's just a thrill for the OP to type out a fantasy and have us all react to it. What started off in the OP as what seemed like a genuine "I don't know what to do - help me" plea has seemingly now turned into "I've done it, I'm glad and I'm gonna revel in it" type thing which just strikes me as odd.

Bingo. Grown men don't need advice on if/why/why not to cheat. It's just inflating egos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

I'll admit the story as it has progressed strikes me as less than fully convincing. At the same time I can't recount the amount of times I've read things on the internet and indeed elsewhere, 100% true, that struck me as being far fetched. Isn't it possible that the OP posted this tale of conflicted emotions and thought, seeking out affirmation for the choice he had already made? By which I mean, he may have been confronted by the situation presented and already have decided to indulge and was seeking some sort of reassurance or moral approval? This would explain much of the issues others have articulated as casting doubt on the veracity of the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,056 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

I too am sceptical about the truth of the whole thing.

But, if it is true, I don't think the OP is looking for reassurance or moral approval. The whole tone of the thread from day 1 has made it clear that he is not going to get that; he would need to be extraordinarly stupid to cointinue looking for it here.

I think it's more he hopes to provoke an enjoyable (to him) reaction when he tells of rejecting the advice which he sought, but didn't take.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,814 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

If you think the op is trolling then report the posts. Quit speculating on thread.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Aplotemerges

Just to update .. I gave in ..

What exactly did you give in to? Did he recripocate? Are you going to do it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭MarriedButBi

If he did it once he'll do it again, I'd say he's dying to reciprocate if he hasn't already.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Aplotemerges

I'd say he's gagging to reciprocate and can't wait to have it happen again!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭MarriedButBi

I'd say he's gagging to reciprocate and can't wait to have it happen again!

Well he really enjoyed it the first time, didn't appear to have significant (if any) remorse or guilt...if I was him I would have ensured the opportunity presented itselg again, I'd be giving him a lift home every night, or at least let them know that I was available for lists :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement