Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to keep the men of The Gentlemen's club interested

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

well I am a women and my opinion is that its really simple if someone fancies you, that what keeps someone interested, you cant make someone interested in you or fancy you if there is not an underlying attraction in the first place.

People make these things much more complicated that they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

mariaalice wrote: »
    well I am a women and my opinion is that its really simple if someone fancies you, that what keeps someone interested, you cant make someone interested in you or fancy you if there is not an underlying attraction in the first place.

People make these things much more complicated that they are.

And as I posted in another thread (and got ridiculed for) I wasn't attracted to my gf the first few times if met her. It was only after I got to know her that the attraction grew.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Different strokes for different folks I suppose. Personally I've never had a woman "grow on me" after a while. From the get go they passed the Willyometer(tm) or they didn't. Personality would defo grow on me, but it wouldn't get the chance to without the sexual attraction first.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Wibbs wrote: »
    Different strokes for different folks I suppose. Personally I've never had a woman "grow on me" after a while. From the get go they passed the Wibbyometer(tm) or they didn't. Personality would defo grow on me, but it wouldn't get the chance to without the sexual attraction first.

FYP

Id have said the same until it happened to me and I actually felt terrible (and still do) about it, that I nearly wrote her off based on the first few times I saw her:o

Never have a watch that grew on you looks wise overtime.....

(sorry couldn't resist)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,417 ✭✭✭✭cson

Different strokes for different folks I suppose. Personally I've never had a woman "grow on me" after a while. From the get go they passed the Willyometer(tm) or they didn't. Personality would defo grow on me, but it wouldn't get the chance to without the sexual attraction first.

I think that's pretty much an intrinsically male thing though Wibbs. I fully agree with you though. Its a bit different for women imo; they'd probably be a little more forgiving attraction wise - look at the fella Kate Upton (topical :pac:) is with - and while I know he's probably loaded, its not as if she'd find it hard to shack up with a similarly loaded but better looking fella.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I have to disagree with you there. It's happened to me a few times with a few girls I've worked with over time.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

People using games and tactics will generally find each other thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,171 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

The quickest way to lose my interest would be to be uninterested, uninteresting or unenthusiastic sexually.

A low libido and / or "good Irish Catholic" attitude would kill any interest I had in a woman pretty quickly.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I have to disagree with you there. It's happened to me a few times with a few girls I've worked with over time.
    Oh sure, like I said we're all different but it's never happened to me.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,369 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Being a woman, I think a man looses interest quickly early on in the "dating stage" if the woman shows too much interest in him, initiates contact all the time (this I never do), makes herself too available etc. Men love a chase, as do women! After all, we all want what we can't have!

I've been with guys before where lets say, if I liked one and showed that I did like him (He liked me a looot in the start too, he would ask to meet up quite a bit and of course I agreed because I liked him too) He soon started to get bored because there was no chase anymore and I would agree to meet up at every request.

On the other end of the scale, I had another guy who liked me, I sort of liked him (wasn't sure/keen) as well but not as much as guy number 1. So, I lacked on returning calls/texts and didn't really pay much attention to him at all and he blew up my phone! I was getting texts all of the time even when I didn't reply and if I did, with a short answer not to lead him on, he would try to pursue me even more. He was relentless and the other guy had gone for the hills.

Now I'm with guy number 3 and I'm a small bit lost, I'm not really a game player! I can hold a conversation, be funny and the rest..I'm all good in that department ;)

Can't say I ever had any interest in "the chase", I was intersted in a woman years ago, asked her out and she told me she wasn't interested in dating me but she gave me her number and we spent the next few weeks chatting and txting most days.

I made no secret of the fact that I liked her but accepted she wasn't interested in anything more than being friends so I asked someone else out on a date only for the first person to txt me telling me that she did want to date me and how come I couldn't see the "signals" she was sending out.

Men aren't mind readers, women should let us know if they are interested or not.

• Advertisement

Going to go right out and pop the question!

What keeps you fine Gentlemen interested in a woman?

I have my ongoing targets and goals in life.

The women that come with me on that journey share those goals.

If that changed I might lose interest - or not - depending on how else we complement each other -

But I remain interested in the girls because they are still on the same path as I am. And nothing else matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Can't say I ever had any interest in "the chase", I was intersted in a woman years ago, asked her out and she told me she wasn't interested in dating me but she gave me her number and we spent the next few weeks chatting and txting most days.

I made no secret of the fact that I liked her but accepted she wasn't interested in anything more than being friends so I asked someone else out on a date only for the first person to txt me telling me that she did want to date me and how come I couldn't see the "signals" she was sending out.

Men aren't mind readers, women should let us know if they are interested or not.

This is how I (female) do things. If I like someone, I make it clear. I don't get obsessive, I just show an interest, and initiate texts half of the time. So much easier than 'playing it cool,' and being myself has never failed to get me somebody I wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

This is how I (female) do things. If I like someone, I make it clear. I don't get obsessive, I just show an interest, and initiate texts half of the time. So much easier than 'playing it cool,' and being myself has never failed to get me somebody I wanted.

When women don't do this, I always assume that either they themselves aren't interested, or that it's more effort than it is worth.

I've no time or interest in chasing the aloof because they believe it to be some sort of courting etiquette.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Unless a woman's acting like a bitch in heat towards me I always assume she's not interested, playing hard-to-get doesn't work on me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

Sound for a start with a good understanding of life,girls that label themselves as a bitch and treat it as some kind of admirable quality is an instant turn off for me,all too common nowadays I'd put it up there with that Marilyn quote

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

Lack of drama.

Date a mannequin :D

Only joking but from what I see it's a the drama queens who get dates all the time. As a relatively quiet woman I get far less attention than drama queens.

Some men are just suckers for punishment, or they buy into the idea that women are emotional and dramatic as a gender so they expect nothing less and will go along with all that, or they don't have a great choice in the dating market in the first place so will accept more emotionals, or they see themselves in the fixer/older brother/daddy role and feed off that, even enable it*. Of course they'll nearly always take more drama from a good looking women than a plain one.

*I've seen that one often enough. I've a mate who is one of the soundest human beings you could meet. So long as you're not bumping uglies with her. Major drama queen in relationships, yet as a mate you couldn't ask for better. I can't recall a single incident where she's pulled any drama on me. I couldn't figure why, until I watched her various blokes over the years. She had a "type" and they enabled her dramatics and one fed the other. Very odd.

Some men are just suckers for punishment, or they buy into the idea that women are emotional and dramatic as a gender so they expect nothing less and will go along with all that, or they don't have a great choice in the dating market in the first place so will accept more emotionals, or they see themselves in the fixer/older brother/daddy role and feed off that, even enable it*. Of course they'll nearly always take more drama from a good looking women than a plain one.

Friend of mine is on-and-off with a one who's proper mental and latched on. I asked him why, he said that that's just what ya have to expect if you're going out with someone. Yet I'm the sexist somehow. :P

Advertisement