Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to keep the men of The Gentlemen's club interested

Options
  • 29-08-2014 2:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Going to go right out and pop the question!

What keeps you fine Gentlemen interested in a woman?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Despite it being clichéd, intelligence and personality are the main factors.
    It's also important that a woman continues to take pride in her appearance.

I've seen some women who've totally let themselves go after getting married and having kids. I don't for a moment expect a woman in her late 30's who's popped out a couple of kids to have the body of a 20 year old - but some women don't seem to make any effort whatsoever - I'd find that a bit of a turn-off.

So basically, personality, looks and intelligence - us men are simple creatures.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Lack of drama.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Wibbs wrote: »
    Lack of drama.

QFT

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Despite it being clichéd, intelligence and personality are the main factors.
    It's also important that a woman continues to take pride in her appearance.

I've seen some women who've totally let themselves go after getting married and having kids. I don't for a moment expect a woman in her late 30's who's popped out a couple of kids to have the body of a 20 year old - but some women don't seem to make any effort whatsoever - I'd find that a bit of a turn-off.

So basically, personality, looks and intelligence - us men are simple creatures.

I would agree with this, and the "lack of drama" matter as well.

Also, I think it is important that she maintains her circle of friends. Women are great and all but I regularly want to do things with friends and just as important... I regularly just want to be myself, whether it's watching a film/tv show, playing around the computer, or just general lazing around.

In every relationship I've been in I have always favoured a level of freedom to exist. it gets stale very quickly when it doesn't.

So for me, definitely I like to see a girl he maintains her friends and does things very regularly with them.

• Advertisement

Keeping things exciting in the bedroom department helps too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Moat_Cailin

One that acknowledges your existence is always nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Being left to my own devices, not being crowded, expected to text constantly and getting an earful if i don't text them for a day

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

What are your thoughts on the subject OP?

And will our replies end up in an article somewhere by any chance?!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,580 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

What initially attracts my attetion? Physical attractiveness.

What hold my attention? Intelligence, humor and the ability to provide good conversation.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,417 ✭✭✭✭cson

Wibbs wrote: »
    Lack of drama.

+1

The older I get the more I value general mental stability and soundness over attractiveness.

Though you'd be aiming for both ideally. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

cson wrote: »
    +1

The older I get the more I value general mental stability and soundness over attractiveness.

Though you'd be aiming for both ideally. :)

I'd agree, but I think attraction has to come first. Once you're attracted, if she ticks the personality and non drama boxes, then she definitely has my long term interest.

Goes without saying that sex needs to feature as well. No good having all the above and then a poor sex life, but I suppose this ties in with the attraction anyway, from a male perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,735 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I don't want much...

- Sense of humor, intelligence, can hold a conversation (and I'm not talking about the latest soap happenings or reality nonsense), knows her own mind, generally relaxed and no drama
    - Doesn't have to be joined at the hip. Has and values her own life as well as our life together and independent of family/mammy etc
    - Can say what she thinks - no bull or gameplaying or "tests" etc
    - Looks are a factor too of course (let's be honest like!) but I'm not into the Barbie doll/fake tan look.. as long as she makes an effort to look after herself and there's an attraction there that'll do me nicely :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Ditch

Kneesocks; Nothing.

Seriously. I've no further interest in women, these days, beyond the usual, passing, licentious thoughts on seeing a nice looking one. Hell, I probably have such thoughts about Half the women I see!

But, that's it. Sorry. Absolutely no further interest in having them around me. I prefer my Dogs. Dogs are straightforward creatures.

My horses make a good example. My mare is much more like a woman. When She's in the mood for it? She's a pleasure to be around. But, if she gets a 'mare' on? Hells teeth ....!

Women are too much like that. My Dogs are just themselves. Every day and night. They have their ways and those ways don't change. Suits me. No drama with Dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I too say no drama, just be cool...

Like me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Intelligent, good personality, willing to make be laugh, out going and active. Also up for it in the bedroom, kitchen table etc etc. Looks aren't too important, once she looks after herself. The closer she is to 10 in the other categories, the closer she can be to 0 in the looks.

It's possible to meet a woman that ticks the first few categories, but seldomly the one who ticks the 10 in looks, doesn't score more than a 4 in the others.
    Obviously this applies to relationships for me! Totally different if it's a one night stand
    You rarely here of a man giving out about his wives looks, you always hear him give out about nagging, not enough sex, boring.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,321 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Hi kneesocks. Do you have an opinion on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

No 1 for me is she would need to have her own set of friends.
    You have a night with the lads, she has it with the girls etc.
    No friends = clingy
    Clingyness=failed relationship

Plus alot of what was already mentioned, respect, can hold a convetsation, not a drama queen

• Registered Users Posts: 15 kneesocks11

Being a woman, I think a man looses interest quickly early on in the "dating stage" if the woman shows too much interest in him, initiates contact all the time (this I never do), makes herself too available etc. Men love a chase, as do women! After all, we all want what we can't have!

I've been with guys before where lets say, if I liked one and showed that I did like him (He liked me a looot in the start too, he would ask to meet up quite a bit and of course I agreed because I liked him too) He soon started to get bored because there was no chase anymore and I would agree to meet up at every request.

On the other end of the scale, I had another guy who liked me, I sort of liked him (wasn't sure/keen) as well but not as much as guy number 1. So, I lacked on returning calls/texts and didn't really pay much attention to him at all and he blew up my phone! I was getting texts all of the time even when I didn't reply and if I did, with a short answer not to lead him on, he would try to pursue me even more. He was relentless and the other guy had gone for the hills.

Now I'm with guy number 3 and I'm a small bit lost, I'm not really a game player! I can hold a conversation, be funny and the rest..I'm all good in that department ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,580 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Being a woman, I think a man looses interest quickly early on in the "dating stage" if the woman shows too much interest in him, initiates contact all the time (this I never do), makes herself too available etc. Men love a chase, as do women! After all, we all want what we can't have!

Personally, the chase gets really old really quickly. I'm no expert at differentiating between whether she wants me to "chase" her or just doesn't fancy me so I never bother any more. There are too many nice ladies who don't play games for me to try my hand with.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

Personally, the chase gets really old really quickly. I'm no expert at differentiating between whether she wants me to "chase" her or just doesn't fancy me so I never bother any more. There are too many nice ladies who don't play games for me to try my hand with.

I'm against the whole playing games thing as well. It's proven to work. There's books out there now teaching women why being a bitch is key to keeping a man. Titled: "Why men love Bitches"

I'm against the whole playing games thing as well. It's proven to work. There's books out there now teaching women why being a bitch is key to keeping a man. Titled: "Why men love Bitches"

It's like PUA and women. It'll work on a subset of men. Thing is, do you want a long term relationship with a guy who's got so little self-respect that he'll lower himself to this level.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Men HATE bitches. I can't think of anything more frustrating than a women who acts like that. Thankfully most don't and the ones who do, are recognisable early on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

There's books out there now that'll teach you how to find out your specific guardian angel's name and the best way to ask them to help you get that promotion you've been wanting. Or the mathematical formula that will make a woman that doesn't find you sexually attractive want to have sex with you the night they meet you.

Desperate people of all kinds will believe anything they want to believe. And other people will be more than happy to sell it to them.

Far from a new thing.

Men HATE bitches. I can't think of anything more frustrating than a women who acts like that. Thankfully most don't and the ones who do, are recognisable early on

Of course they do! After 2 weeks or so of a woman being a bitch a man is sure to run a mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭poeticjustice

Ditch wrote: »
    Kneesocks; Nothing.

Seriously. I've no further interest in women, these days, beyond the usual, passing, licentious thoughts on seeing a nice looking one. Hell, I probably have such thoughts about Half the women I see!

But, that's it. Sorry. Absolutely no further interest in having them around me. I prefer my Dogs. Dogs are straightforward creatures.

My horses make a good example. My mare is much more like a woman. When She's in the mood for it? She's a pleasure to be around. But, if she gets a 'mare' on? Hells teeth ....!

Women are too much like that. My Dogs are just themselves. Every day and night. They have their ways and those ways don't change. Suits me. No drama with Dogs.

Ditch loves bitches apparently :)

Joking. I'm the same. No drama, no worries

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

If she likes Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain .. .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Ditch wrote: »
    My mare is much more like a woman. When She's in the mood for it?

:eek:

Is that legal!?

Good looks to spike initial interest, sense of humour to round it off.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

That gets old real quickly and that sorta stuff sets off lots of little red flags for me. Near a guarantee of a drama queen down the line.
    As has been said by ancapailldorcha it'll work on a subset of men and this usually means a subset of men you wouldn't want it to work on. Plus by its very nature acting like this can't last long. Any man with a working spine will walk and walk fast, usually after he gets the ride. Build up the chase too much and the catch will be disappointing.

Like I said in my first post; no drama.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

A good selection of exciting lingerie.

Advertisement