Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple announces special event - September 9th

Options
1202122232426»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

how is it a "SMART WATCH" if it needs the phone to work? Without the phone its just a DIGITAL WATCH!!!

Without a battery a digital watch is just a bracelet, what's your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

I was intrigued by the iPhone 6 Plus as I've been using a OnePlus One for the past couple of weeks and while the size of it did take a bit of getting used to, coming from a 5" screen, it was great having the bigger screen.

I haven't felt the need to use a tablet while using it. If I wanted to do serious work I used my Macbook and if I was quickly browsing or watching a quick video the 5.5" screen was great.

I noticed though the 6 Plus is bigger (in width and height (and heavier)) than the OnePlus which has me a bit wary because I said I wouldn't go bigger than the OnePlus.

Here's a picture from TechRadar of the iPhone 5S on top of the OnePlus to give you an idea of the size difference.

I'd advise anyone who's upgrading from an iPhone 5S or below that hasn't used a phablet before to either wait to see the iPhone 6 Plus in person or go look at some phablets before you buy as they aren't for a lot of people.

Wow. That looks big. Was thinking about the 6+ myself. Is the 6+ much bigger than the phone in your pic???

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,835 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

F34 wrote: »
    I got the 32gb one on-line from Germany. It's actually quite a good phone pics are good and it is quick. The knock code thing is a wee bit annoying sometimes.

It doesn't feel that big and it feels light enough in everyday use if it had the front facing speakers of the m8 it would be fantastic.

Looking to move back to iPhone I think the apps are better and apples customer care is a big draw.

Cool thanks for that. If you ever think of selling drop me a PM !!

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭slookie

So will it be in Ireland on 26th do ye think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

slookie wrote: »
    So will it be in Ireland on 26th do ye think?

Pre order opens the 26th with a release date of the 3rd of October I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ohsomuchbetter

F34 wrote: »
    Pre order opens the 26th with a release date of the 3rd of October I reckon

3 confirmed today that 26th is in store also, as did Vodafone. O2 haven't made comment yet but expect them to follow suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭slookie

So I will be able upgrade in Vodafone store on 26th??

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ohsomuchbetter

slookie wrote: »
    So I will be able upgrade in Vodafone store on 26th??

They haven't revealed anything other than the date yet.

I'm sure once you're due an upgrade/out of contract should be able to. Stock will be low though id imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭caolfx

Without a battery a digital watch is just a bracelet, what's your point?

All watches have batteries.

Regular watches don't need a phone for it to function to its full capacity.

Smart watches do. Which, without a phone, makes it just a watch.

I thought that was obvious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I'm stuck in contract for a while yet, 6S for me :P

Advertisement