Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name yer tipple

Options
  • 28-08-2014 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭

OK most of us have inbibed on occasion. I seldom drink alcohol myself.

And yet I do have some favourite drinks.

Spirits:
    Single Malt (with water)
    Vodka (with coke)
    Rum (with coke or peppermint)

Wine:
    Merlot
    A Dry White

Beer:
    Guinness
    Forest Brown
    Mann's Brown
    McKewan's 90/-

Others:
    Merrydown cider
    Baileys
    Advocaat

So how about the rest of you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Spirits - Whiskey, most types rarely put anything in it, I like to taste the whiskey itself.

Wine - Not fond of wine, rarely have white never have red.

Beer - Carlsberg or Guinness.

Others - The odd Lidl fruity ciders, Baileys.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Jameson or Jack Daniels with diet coke

Sometimes WKD or Baileys

The odd time I do like Bulmers with ice.

I drink wine now and again, I like both white and red but I really like rosé wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Stonewells medium dry cider is my favourite at the moment. with Aspall's cider coming in a close second. but when i cant get them its mixed fruit kopperberg/ bulmers berry

i can't stand any form of beer,whiskey or wine but I do dabble in a bit of white bacardi or peach schnapps!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Like Jack Daniels (regular with coke, honey one with lemonade).
    Used to drink vodka the odd time, but I'm not mad keen on it any more.
    Jagermeister is great, on occasion I'll mix it with Monster and drink it as you would a JD and Coke.
    Beer I've taken to trying craft beers the last year or two, there's one in particular I like called Jarl, Abbott Ale is quite nice too. If the pub doesn't have craft beers, I'll probably just go with a Budweiser.
    The only rum I've found I liked is Captain Morgan, mainly have their original one but occasionally I'll have some of the Black Label if I can find it.
    Don't like cider, haven't in years, and I haven't found a single wine I like.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I drink mostly lagers, Belfast lager being my favourite :-D I Also like kombacher and if I'm in the pub I drink Carlsberg, I'm trying to get into craft beers and find one I like but so far I haven't found any.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Kopparberg mixed berries is my usual drink. Then depending how drunk I am on a night out, I end up on vodka and jagerbombs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

If we all attend a beers i hope you will have the perfect round for us all before we even get there Rubecula :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Captain Morgan and Coke... Mmmm...

My default drink is vodka and white. Plain but always lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭cgh

i have many many tipples.

Jack and Coke,
    Scotch and ginger ale, scotch neat, ( Oban )

Beers
    Guinness,
    Hobgoblin,
    Fullers London Pride, ESB, Wilde River IPA,
    Smithwicks Pale Ale,

Wines,
    Australian Semillion, Shiraz
    Quinta Des Sentacostas Red ( Portugeuse )
    San Vincente red (Spain)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    If we all attend a beers i hope you will have the perfect round for us all before we even get there Rubecula :D

Already pssed it on to the barman. Matron tried to stop me but I got away by pretending to be a frog. Unfortunately I won't be at the get together as I now seem to have 200 tadpoles to care for.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Spirits:
    Whisky+Coke. Real Jack Daniels with teh SPRAY COKE is best but you can't get the real stuff outside SE US :o Over here Bushmills and High Commissioner are good but the quality of the coke/pepsi is... ugh... :o
    Vodka+Lemonade. Traditional-style lemonade with a dash of lime is so good :D

Beers:
    Erdinger. Quality has fallen tremendously in the last year or two but its still the best you can get here. Oktoberfest is epicness in a bottle.
    Mammoth Beer. Best beer ever IMO, but good luck finding it outside eastern Cali :p
    Blackened Voodoo. Even a hurricane couldn't stop this being made and being epic, but its rare even in the US, let alone outside it :(
    Also, it turns out that Bud is actually a really good wheat beer in the US - those yanks that moan about it incessantly have no idea how bad the beer is over here...

Not much of a wine person, like all colours so long as its fresh, fruity and goes down easy. I like crisp yet tasty whites in the summer and fruity, warm, slightly spicy but not peppery reds in the depths of winter ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about Erdinger. Quite fond of that one all right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

I call my left one becky and my right one melanie :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭TommieBoy

Mostly water, tea and coffee for me. I am not fond of fizzy drinks like cokes.

The occasional Bellini, if I imbibe at all. I can't develop a taste for alcohol (plus I am not fond of how it makes me feel). But once I had a Gin and Tonic that was ok. A Fuzzy Navel and White Russian wasn't too bad the one time either. I wouldn't recommend Long Island Ice Teas, they pack a mean punch :eek: ...And :o sorry, but beer tastes like vomit to me :o

Iced tea is pretty vile to me. Iced coffee is a lot better. But for cold drinks A glass of milk is my favourite non alcoholic drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Captain Morgan and Coke is the job. Lots of ice and a slice of lemon. Could drink buckets of the stuff if I knew it wouldn't cause me to loose my liver. Old Hopkins spiced rum in Aldis is pretty decent too and I kinda like it more than Captain Morgan. Came across The Kracken black spice rum too..pretty awesome stuff :D (I do love rum ok, it makes me so happy)

Bacardi Oak Heart and Coke is pretty sweet too come to think of it. Oh and absolutely adore Southern Comfort and orange too. Although it is rather sweet and you'd be sick after two. Oh and anything Tequila based I am all over it. I adore Tequila! Ooh and Goldschlager and cranberry. Devine stuff :pac:

Not a fan of any beer or wine. They both make me terribly sick. Cider, used to love it but I have an intolerance to it now and can only drink Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime. Tis tasty stuff.

Despise vodka, it turns me into a nasty nasty person. Not a fan of Jack Daniels. Don't see the big hub bub about it. Jagermeister I like. Best mix I ever had was in some rock club where they handed out shots of Jager, Buck fast and god knows what else in it. Pretty awesome stuff..

I don't have a drinking problem. I just like some drinks. A lot. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Caprica6

I don't drink much, but JD & Coke, Sea Dog & coke & Larger be good!!!!
    Or a Long Island Ice tea

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Anything thats wet.

How about rain water straight from the barrel?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I just walk around with my mouth open when it rains :D

• Advertisement

Ditto even have me pockets lined with plastic to get some free excess rain!!!! :D

Suddenly I feel a little bit unwell

too much rainwater???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

I like Paulaner, tasty beer!! Not a big fan of spirits, but if I do drink spirits its whiskey, usually Jameson or Bushmills!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Hey stevo you alright man ?

No tipple ,I suit my tastes to my company and enjoy the moment . I have tried cheap cider to expensive Armagnac , depends on mood and occasion.

For anyone interested, I think Supervalu have a deal on atm, 4 bottles of Erdinger for a tenner, which is pretty all right. Saw it in my local one in Galway last week, but (iirc) the deal could be running until the 15th.

Erdinger Dunkle is class

I prefer the weissbier myself, not a fan of dark beers really.

You know whats really nice, Southern Comfort & 7up!!!

• Advertisement

cant beat a triple Tequila and red bull

Advertisement