Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden 15 Feedback Thread

Options
  • 27-08-2014 8:30pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭

For those who have the game please post your thoughts in here.

I'll be picking up the game tomorrow and will play tomorrow evening but then i'll be offline for a week so good to get as much feedback as possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Really impressive.

Just played for 4 hours since I got home from work. Haven't eaten since lunch at 12pm and honestly didn't notice. About to stuff my face with bacon and then get back to it.

On Xbox One is looks absolutely stunning, and it plays like an absolute dream. Defence is so much better, the zones actually play how you want them to and you get away with much less stupid stuff. Running is great too, no more unrealistic cuts, much more accurate momentum. Side note: Toby Gerhart is an absolute monster.

Play calling is brilliant, and Perrin will be delighted with the Ask Madden replacement as it offers much more variety. Even the bloody kicking is better.

Ultimate Team is great craic so far, haven't got into Connected Careers yet, but the best part so far has been the Skills Trainer. Honestly so good going through all the drills and they have a new category called "concepts" where they teach you how to read a defence and when to throw to certain routes etc., amazing for beginners and I was glad to get the refresher having not played since Xmas. But wait until you have a go of Gauntlet, so much fun, especially the boss levels.

Doing a review for Balls.ie which will be up some time on Friday most likely, but spoiler alert, the game is unreal.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Cheers mikey, like i said please post the review once you're done. Great to get something like that from a proper madden baller

tumblr_lxmwjp104z1r4tm4zo1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

What are the screen plays like mikey, i know Giffney is no doubt mad to know, aren't you Giff ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

I won't have foster this year so I'll regrettably have to stop them...just doesn't feel right!

• Advertisement

I won't have foster this year so I'll regrettably have to stop them...just doesn't feel right!

Foster cries, i hope we get to play each other at some stage, i got to beat you at least once, i just gotta

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Amen brother rock!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Amen brother rock!

Lads please, there is plenty of heartbreaking last minute wins to go round!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Moat_Cailin

I'm not sure if I should buy this or not. Reviews are mixed as always, Madden has always been a good game, but, it's normally the same every year.

If people could answer the following I'd be grateful.

Are interceptions still an issue ?
    Do the top receivers go and get the ball ?
    They are advertising improved and exciting defensive play, yay or nay ?
    Does MUT record player stats this year ?

What platform are you on?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Moat_Cailin

PS4 . Is there much difference between consoles ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Picked up m15 at lunch there, nearly came out with a ONE! F&€k that was tough...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Interceptions. Everywhere.

Played my first 10 or so games on All-Pro difficulty. Both user and CPU interceptions are definitely higher.

It's a lot more realistic. It is much harder to run the ball and pass the ball. Decision making is much more important than outright pad skills or player ratings. Throwing a deep ball down the field where your number 1 receiver has no separation on the CB, expect an INT or a bat down at best. If you go up to try get the ball yourself you have a slim chance of getting it, but a better chance of avoiding the INT.

Defense feels different also. It's more difficult for sure, CPU QB accuracy is off the charts. It's harder to swim past the OT's and pick up a sack with the DE. The CPU LB's manage to cover a lot of ground very quickly to knock down passes if you make a bad decision.

I've found playing on All Pro so far to be very tough. To the stage where 1 or 2 bad decisions really puts you in a hole. Throw a pass too early before your receiver breaks free of his man or out of a zone you can almost be sure will end in a pick and then it is very difficult to stop the CPU from scoring, especially if you turn the ball over in your own half.

Suppose it makes it more realistic.

Vikings wrote: »
    Interceptions. Everywhere.

Played my first 10 or so games on All-Pro difficulty. Both user and CPU interceptions are definitely higher.

It's a lot more realistic. It is much harder to run the ball and pass the ball. Decision making is much more important than outright pad skills or player ratings. Throwing a deep ball down the field where your number 1 receiver has no separation on the CB, expect an INT or a bat down at best. If you go up to try get the ball yourself you have a slim chance of getting it, but a better chance of avoiding the INT.

Defense feels different also. It's more difficult for sure, CPU QB accuracy is off the charts. It's harder to swim past the OT's and pick up a sack with the DE. The CPU LB's manage to cover a lot of ground very quickly to knock down passes if you make a bad decision.

I've found playing on All Pro so far to be very tough. To the stage where 1 or 2 bad decisions really puts you in a hole. Throw a pass too early before your receiver breaks free of his man or out of a zone you can almost be sure will end in a pick and then it is very difficult to stop the CPU from scoring, especially if you turn the ball over in your own half.

Suppose it makes it more realistic.

The defensive zones actually play like they are supposed to, which is why there are more interceptions. Routes that used to be "open" in Madden now are not, out-routes and curls in particular. It punishes you for throwing risky passes, thats a good thing.

I'm having a much better time getting to the QB when controlling a DE or DT too, the new mini-game is excellent and finally adds a bit of fun to what used to be random success or failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Just went out and grabbed this (on 360)... I'll report back later! :D

Graphics seem a lot sharper!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Got it on PS4, bit underwhelmed with the graphics to be honest, good but not as big an improvement as some reviews said. Gameplay is very good so far, big improvement on last years, love the new defense controls even though I've no clue what I'm doing yet really. The passing game is much more realistic, you have to time your passes to perfection or it's an incompletion or INT. I'm struggling to run the ball, you have to be patient and wait for a gap. Can be frustrating when you try to burst through a hole and trip over a lineman but hopefully I'll get better.

Different Madden, but some things you just cant change, The Quitters, they stay the same

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Whats the news on the wind direction?

adrian522 wrote: »

Working the way it should for me.

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    Working the way it should for me.

Omg omg omg!!!!
    About bloody time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭tripperman

adrian522 wrote: »

its better but still room for improvement to be honest, interceptions ever were you dont put in the recivers hands

Defense works!!!!

Annoyed they took contain away from individual hotplays/audible whatever its called.

Its killing me. That and some of the other changes to individual assignments on defensive side of things.

But zone works so well and depending on your defensive calls you will burn them or get burned

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Zones work???

This genuinely changes everything for me! I typically played with a fairly vanilla defence on the back end mixed in with occasional centre field zones to cut of slants etc to tight ends. Mixed with a variety of defensive front attacks it worked well within the confines of madden.
    Having zones that work will allow a lot more variety in play calling I defence!

Had some growing pains, but yeah, defense is massively better. Zone coverage is as it should be, which is huge.

Got the measure of my opponent in a game just now, and picked him off 5 times. He had scored 24 points on me before the last 4 picks! If you know what they are doing, you can really call the right plays and just dominate.

Played 2 games so far, and 2 wins, 1 due to a quitter, i found im way better on defense compared to 25, 7 interceptions and 5 sacks so far, on offense pretty much im still the same, actually went 16/17 with a QB last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Is there a way to change the playcalling back to the "old" madden style? I'm finding the default way almost impossible to find the play I want to call plus the suggestions are almost universally awful. 3rd & 6 in the 1st quarter and it tells me to go with a "prevent" defense with the score at 3-0 to me. I know the gameplan playcalling was poor too but I don't remember the "ask madden" options being so bad.

• Advertisement

Right, anybody around later for a game, 3 games today, and 3 1st quarter quits.

Advertisement