Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vince McMahon turned 69 today. Best Vince moments?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

CSF wrote: »
    Interesting, was heavily under the impression her and HHH were still the boss. Who then?

Its all in HHH's hands now but I guess she has some influence :)

http://corporate.wwe.com/company/bios/p_levesque.jsp

• Registered Users Posts: 32,860 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Its all in HHH's hands now but I guess she has some influence :)

http://corporate.wwe.com/company/bios/p_levesque.jsp
    I assume they're pretty much a duo so no real change there

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

I still can't forgive him for F'N up the Invasion storyline and the fact he hasn't used the War Games idea yet and people say he's a genius :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

I still can't forgive him for F'N up the Invasion storyline and the fact he hasn't used the War Games idea yet and people say he's a genius :rolleyes:

I think there were other people in Vince's ear/around the table who didn't want to put over the WCW wrestlers. As far as them not signing the bigger names with expensive price tags, it apparently had something to do with not wanting to disturb the WWF's pay structure - bit daft as they signed all of the big names sans Sting within a few years (and with the exception of Mysterio and I guess Hogan, didn't book them very well).

Calling Vince McMahon a genius given the creative direction overall for the past decade is hyperbole. Even on the business end with Network it seems like it was a bad idea launching an internet service rather than a TV channel. It has let Vince give two fingers to PPV companies though so that's a thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

A story in Jericho's new book:
    In the book, Jericho claims that while on a plane Vince McMahon made a snide remark to Kofi Kingston saying, "Maybe one day you'll get over," a comment which visibly disturbed Kingston.

As Jericho and Kingston exited the plane, Jericho told Kofi that he had to go back and challenge him to a fight. At first Kingston seemed to think it was a rib, but Jericho knowing McMahon's personality was totally serious about the situation.

Kingston took Jericho's advice and got back on the plane and asked Vince McMahon if he had a problem with him. The two traded verbal barbs back and forth until Vince McMahon shot in for a double leg takedown out of nowhere and he and Kingston subsequently wrestled around. McMahon has been known to test his amateur wrestling against the likes of Kurt Angle, also repeatedly attempting to take him down on a flight. McMahon finally got up and laughed the situation off, with McMahon liking that Kingston stood up for himself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement