Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vince McMahon turned 69 today. Best Vince moments?

Options
  • 24-08-2014 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭

LIFE SUCKS......

Vincent Kennedy McMahon
    DOB: August 24, 1945 (age 69)

Already making plans to book tickets for the Monday Night Raw this day next year. Gonna be a hell of a party.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

"And I'm gonna kill it, with a lethal dose, of poison....."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Am expecting reference to 69'ing on Raw tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Not a moment that happened but the sooner somebody posts the WBF Gif the better.

Tis probably the greatest to do the rounds with the IWC.

You did ask....

6sTdQM.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

69 years old and yet less than 2 years ago the non wrestler Vinne Mac was doing this

who could forget this one

and why not aVinnie Mac compilation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

"Its me Austin!" Still one of my favourite Vince moments.

That and the off the record interview :pac:

His matches with Austin were quite fun for what they were and even though it's a bit of a clusterf*ck I liked the Royal Rumble 99.

Absolute whopper bump just after the 1:00 mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

This...made even funnier by the fact that back then I, like many fans, had no idea he was the owner and this "subtle" ego massage went completely over my head

6Bi2Vn.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

For a non wrestler, Vince sure has some memorable matches down through the years against the likes of HBK, Shane, Hogan and especially the thrashing he took from Undertaker in a Buried Alive match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    For a non wrestler, Vince sure has some memorable matches down through the years against the likes of HBK, Shane, Hogan and especially the thrashing he took from Undertaker in a Buried Alive match.

You just reminded me of that match. That was a complete blood bath. Vince does like his blade jobs!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

he certainly knows how to entertain and cut a promo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

The man was an incredible heel. I respect the man for his willingness to go and get his ass kicked and get humiliated. None of which he had to do.

He might have done some questionable things down the years, but without Vince wrestling wouldn't be what it is today.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Hercule

best vince moment was when he buckled his ankles sliding into the ring and had to deliver his speech sitting down at the side of the ring

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Hercule wrote: »
    best vince moment was when he buckled his ankles sliding into the ring and had to deliver his speech sitting down at the side of the ring

Quads, not ankles. ;)

I could be wrong but AFAIK it wasn’t his Ankles or Quads.

Vince actually smashed his grapefruits leaping into the ring. It’s astonishing that he survived (the size of said Grapefruits) let alone remained conscience and demanded the Rumble be restarted.

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

F4WOnline
    --Jim Ross wrote that he texted Vince McMahon on Vince's birthday (Vince turned 69 yesterday) and Vince told him he did a 500 pound squat yesterday.

!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A question.

Does anyone think Vince has one last great on screen run left in him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

A question.

Absolutely not. He has been a shell of his 1998 self for a number of years. Even just compare his most recent interview footage circa 2009 on the Network docs to just a couple of years previously. He is done as far as I am concerned. There has also been talk of him having issues with memory.

Erm, best moment? "GOLDEN SHOWERS!!" bit from Beyond the Mat sticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

A question.

Why would he want to? He's never going to out-do what he has already done so why would he put that extra strain on himself? Besides, Triple H could do it just as good if he was half as willing to look the fool like Vince was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,860 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Has to be the Higher Power angle

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Why would he want to? He's never going to out-do what he has already done so why would he put that extra strain on himself? Besides, Triple H could do it just as good if he was half as willing to look the fool like Vince was.

His ego!

I was just watching the Monday Night War on the Network and was thinking HHH and Stephanie are light years behind "Mr McMahon".

Would Vince come back just to show them how to do it.. because as you say HHH just doesn't have it in him to play the fool like Vince and I don't think he ever will because his ego gets in his way. Some thing Vince's ego never did get in the way of.

His ego!

I was just watching the Monday Night War on the Network and was thinking HHH and Stephanie are light years behind "Mr McMahon".

Would Vince come back just to show them how to do it.. because as you say HHH just doesn't have it in him to play the fool like Vince and I don't think he ever will because his ego gets in his way. Some thing Vince's ego never did get in the way of.

The fundamental difference is that Vince was there to put over storylines, whereas HHH and in particular Stephanie have only ever been interested in putting over their character.

I know a lot of people have time for Stephanie because she has mic skills but IMO her presence is a purely negative influence on the quality of the product.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Vince is Sister Abigail

CSF wrote: »
    The fundamental difference is that Vince was there to put over storylines, whereas HHH and in particular Stephanie have only ever been interested in putting over their character.

I know a lot of people have time for Stephanie because she has mic skills but IMO her presence is a purely negative influence on the quality of the product.

He could still do I think if it was the right role he doesn't have to be "Mr McMahon"

He could be a Jack Tunney President type role since everyone knows he is CEO & owner of WWE.

It could be a role that helps push HHH & Stephanie to where they really need to be as heels.

I do agree with you about Stephanie. I feel her role isn't being used in the right way.

He could still do I think if it was the right role he doesn't have to be "Mr McMahon"

He could be a Jack Tunney President type role since everyone knows he is CEO & owner of WWE.

It could be a role that helps push HHH & Stephanie to where they really need to be as heels.

I do agree with you about Stephanie. I feel her role isn't being used in the right way.
    And I'm pretty sure she is in creative control so she is pretty much to blame, HHH too but to a lesser extent. At least HHH is putting people over in matches.

And I'm pretty sure she is in creative control so she is pretty much to blame, HHH too but to a lesser extent. At least HHH is putting people over in matches.

I think Vince took that role off her to ease the pressure on her with having an on screen role now.

I think Vince took that role off her to ease the pressure on her with having an on screen role now.
    When? I'd read sources saying it was pretty much her and HHH running the actual show with Vince doing the business side of things at the moment.

When? I'd read sources saying it was pretty much her and HHH running the actual show with Vince doing the business side of things at the moment.

I can't remember where I read it now. But her wikipedia page has her down as former Executive VP, Creative Development and Operations (2007–13).

Now her title is Chief Brand Officer of WWE.

• Advertisement

I can't remember where I read it now. But her wikipedia page has her down as former Executive VP, Creative Development and Operations (2007–13).

Now her title is Chief Brand Officer of WWE.
    Interesting, was heavily under the impression her and HHH were still the boss. Who then?

Advertisement