Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bus/ Van for communal use

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

There might well be a VRT liability. No doubt the Revenue would be the best to answer that.

The main problem with commercially taxed crew cabs is that you have to show that you need the extra seats for a wrokcrew or similar and of course you'd have to declare you would only use it for commercial purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

corktina wrote: »
    There might well be a VRT liability. No doubt the Revenue would be the best to answer that.

The main problem with commercially taxed crew cabs is that you have to show that you need the extra seats for a wrokcrew or similar and of course you'd have to declare you would only use it for commercial purposes.

You don't
    I have a 5 seater taxed commercially for just my own commercial use. I don't have any employees and nor was I asked for any such proof. Just the declaration and insurance info.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Can you expand at all on the plans of your friends project? Is he planning something like Elysium? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz7xMY1AbbI ?? haha

If he was planning something similar where everyone would basically share everything, for anyone already with their own vehicles, they could cover all transport on a fleet policy which should see savings overall and then just get a separate mini bus and cargo van. If it is a communal thing, I'm sure they'd each individually get enough use to warrant keeping them both too?

You don't
    I have a 5 seater taxed commercially for just my own commercial use. I don't have any employees and nor was I asked for any such proof. Just the declaration and insurance info.

google "crew cab declaration" and you'll find the form!

2cp6kjc.png

google "crew cab declaration" and you'll find the form!

Found it, I wasnt asked for that, I just was asked for the standard declaration.

• Advertisement

they even ask for details of your family car, to make sure you have other transport I assume

they even ask for details of your family car, to make sure you have other transport I assume
    Again, I wasnt asked for this.
    Seems to be the usual irish craic of some people ask for this some people ask for that. At the end of the day all I wanted was the tax disc - my DOE test was 1 week from expiry so I wasn't asking questions!

jimcrack system we have in this country!

Advertisement