Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Rule for eligibility to Away Opens

Options
1181920212224»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

Interesting, I'd say Beaverstown must be in the minority of clubs who are privy to the guidelines outlining how this "rule" is to be implemented.
    I'm very much involved in our clubs competition and handicapping and we have had zero information relating to how this "rule" is to be implemented, bar a letter (from the GUI) at the start of the year stating the guidelines will follow.
    We are in the same boat, still waiting for the GUI to get back to us and with us having a lot of minor members we would really like clarity on the issue, we have a notice on out website around the need to have competed in 3 home qualifiers on or before the date of the away open you are competing in next year but to be honest i am not sure that our wording on this issue in our notice is even correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Redzah

This rule was always going to be a mess. It was driven by some of the more established clubs who were pissed off about a fall in revenue due to the rise of distance membership in difficult financial times, this rule was brought into address that but it was window dressed as a way of providing a more equitable handicap system which is nonsense. I for one am glad that is has not being implemented as the whole thing as been a mess from the start.

P.S. I have previously been a distance member but I am currently a full club member and enjoying regular club golf and this ruling does not effect me, hence I have no personal bias.

Advertisement