Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LPA Pool Cup, cuid a dó

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

You were out of the gates like a pro and went 4 - 0 up and that was your victory sealed. I haven't played 8-ball since the semi-final and technique was rusty. Congrats, man.

I'm done with all this 8-Ball malarkey. Enjoy the next tournament, fellas and congratulations again, Grid.

Thanks to all the gang that kept the tournament going; GeorgieGirl (TommieBoy), Grid, and all the rest of yiz. Especially during the league stage where things were a little complicated and compiling scores and stats was probably a tad tricky and took time to do. It was much appreciated.

I'm sure all the Players will join me in thanking your dedication. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Well done Grid!

On to the next one (which should have a group system rather than a league type system, just so there are less matches and less time-commitment for people)

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Passenger wrote: »
    You were out of the gates like a pro and went 4 - 0 up and that was your victory sealed. I haven't played 8-ball since the semi-final and technique was rusty. Congrats, man.

I'm done with all this 8-Ball malarkey. Enjoy the next tournament, fellas and congratulations again, Grid.

Thanks to all the gang that kept the tournament going; GeorgieGirl (TommieBoy), Grid, and all the rest of yiz. Especially during the league stage where things were a little complicated and compiling scores and stats was probably a tad tricky and took time to do. It was much appreciated.

I'm sure all the Players will join me in thanking your dedication. :)

Many thanks Pass.....but the tournament would be lesser place without you......please stay on man, you're a top player and i'm sure everyone would miss your presence!!!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Georgie.Girl

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Well done Grid!

On to the next one (which should have a group system rather than a league type system, just so there are less matches and less time-commitment for people)
    can someone explain what "group system"means vs league type, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

can someone explain what "group system"means vs league type, please?
    Simply put instead of having everyone play each other once you have 2 or 3 groups (so if there are 12 players you could have a 2 groups of 6 or 3 groups of 4). Everyone plays each other in the group and then the top few players go onto the knock-out rounds.

• Advertisement

To our two final contestants....
    th?id=HN.608032696628612929&pid=15.1&P=0

To our champ... GRID
    Congratulations-Graphics-16.gif

TB woulda been proud of you both!

when's the crowning ceremony? shall I bring a tiara?

someone give dat lad a trophy ;)

Too kind GG;)

:( photobucket is not working right now :( I am sorry grid.... your award ceremony will have to wait...give everyone a chance to polsch their shoes and dust off their tuxes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Grid. wrote: »
    Many thanks Pass.....but the tournament would be lesser place without you......please stay on man, you're a top player and i'm sure everyone would miss your presence!!!:(

Thanks for kind words, G, but 8 Ball is too time consuming and truth be told, the competitions are just not competitive at all. The past two competitions have shown a gulf in standard between some players. Thrashing somebody 8 - 0 is no fun and then the final is me and you again where you win by a couple frames.

It might give some other players a chance of getting to the final and winning. Though not if you're in it, Grid. :D

All the best, players. Have a blast. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

Well done Grid and Passenger on a great finale :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭stereomatic

Thanks for kind words, G, but 8 Ball is too time consuming and truth be told, the competitions are just not competitive at all. The past two competitions have shown a gulf in standard between some players. Thrashing somebody 8 - 0 is no fun and then the final is me and you again where you win by a couple frames.

It might give some other players a chance of getting to the final and winning. Though not if you're in it, Grid. :D

All the best, players. Have a blast. ;)
    Now, now, now we've had a number of the beast close encounters of the 3rd kind and the odd couple of victories against the ropes each dawn I die the other final the king and I need to get Carter for the last action hero WarGames that we've had the time of our lives and that the hunger games are less 2 tiers of the sun than what they were in the first wives club tournament
    I think there is a common consensus that the games can be too time consuming and a number of thoughts are floating around for a less time consuming type of game and tournament

The towering inferno
    Nosferato
    Pulp fiction

:)
    I'll get my amazing technicolor dreamcoat now

I'm done with all this 8-Ball malarkey.
    Enjoy the next tournament, fellas and congratulations again, Grid.

I'm sure all the Players will join me in thanking your dedication
    . :)
    This makes me sad, Pass... I hope you change your mind, we would miss you terribly...... terribly :(

All the best, players. Have a blast.
    ;)
    The time commitment thing can be adjusted... but as for the rest, I am sorry you feel this way.... I had fun whether winning or losing. Perhaps the tournament can have a split bracket of better players and we not so perfect ones?

Regardless though, cheers Pass and thanks for participating so adeptly - was a pleasure playing with you :)

bloody photobucket still not working

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

I'm in next time. Shuffles off to sharpen cue and chalk the balls........ 7_8_121.gif

ruhroh! ^

:D
    can't wait lineman

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I'm in next time. Shuffles off to sharpen cue and chalk the balls........ 7_8_121.gif

No golf clubs allowed.

bloody photobucket still not working

Would you like to join the"I hate photobucket club"

There are refreshments

Anyone know where Jeb is?

• Advertisement

Did Jeb get swallowed up...by photobucket? :eek:

pooor thing! we shall never find him if he did.

Would you like to join the"I hate photobucket club"

There are refreshments

...and quite a number of members, I'd say ;)

(looks around for cronuts)

...and quite a number of members, I'd say ;)

(looks around for cronuts)

the-nutty-crow1.png?w=710

e8286fd9-93eb-4ca8-a0bc-3e3d96bf3a63_zps535b333a.jpg.html
    http://s202.photobucket.com/user/gridlock_01/media/Pretzel/e8286fd9-93eb-4ca8-a0bc-3e3d96bf3a63_zps535b333a.jpg.html
    many congratz to our cuid a do champ, Gridlock :D

(I do hope y'all can see that spiffy trophy, cos I can't - photobucket :rolleyes: hates me)

I played a bit last night. How do you get friends to play against? I'm on it as Andy - I'm in a Liverpool jersey (facebook profile photo) - as I couldn't find the previous user I set up ages ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I played a bit last night. How do you get friends to play against? I'm on it as Andy - I'm in a Liverpool jersey (facebook profile photo) - as I couldn't find the previous user I set up ages ago.

When you go to the Play Friends section, you can choose friends you have already added or search.

You can only play someone who is online. Also, you can only add someone to your friends list when they are online.

343210.png

Ok, now I'm in with nickname Wichita Lineman, tried changing avatar to indiana jones type but that hasnt worked so still me there in Liverpool jersey. Will try leave online a while a few nights so people can find me.

Will friend you now Wich if you're still on there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

anyone up for a best of 3?

Advertisement