Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming ChitChat Ploughs On To Five

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

.Kovu. wrote: »
    You're a big hoop!:p

Cheek of ya

• Registered Users Posts: 9,210 ✭✭✭tanko

Did I feck! She's out in the field looking longingly at a bull calf.

She's away in the photo thread, hang on....

http://i.imgur.com/9Bdz27Pm.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/nbAGtl8m.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/JalGp1Pl.jpg

Does my bum look big in this?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Thank frig it wasn't you Kovu! was getting a bit worried in case it WAS your animal, waiting for the PM slapdown.....

I think it was a Limo/Blue cross, born March this year? Neighbour was there, just going on his word.

I'll get the news somewhere anyway! HUGE turnout of animals.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Reggie. wrote: »
    But why didn't he just report it. Ya can't just blame the site

I can't speak for anyone else. I agree, the thing to do is report it. But I know full well that an abusive exchange can be taken differently by different people. Some people take things to heart, some people just simply distance themselves from vibes like that (and close their account for example) and some people aren't happy unless they're fighting. Different strokes for different folks.
    We all like to think of ourselves as tough enough to shrug it off, but I've seen stuff posted at first hand that was abusive, and even though I knew it was totally unwarranted and simply wrong, it still causes upset.
    Personally I'm easy enough going to not get too wound up over stuff. But we're all different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Don't look at me as I'll be on the floor :D
    And Daisy:D

Ah .kovu. just as I was thinking of trying to sleep ya post that. It's a long time since daisy was on the floor for any reason. :( I'm not that type of cow :(

• Advertisement

Ah .kovu. just as I was thinking of trying to sleep ya post that. It's a long time since daisy was on the floor for any reason. :( I'm not that type of cow :(

Well don't start now like some of those milking cows and do the splits:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,110 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

I can't speak for anyone else. I agree, the thing to do is report it. But I know full well that an abusive exchange can be taken differently by different people. Some people take things to heart, some people just simply distance themselves from vibes like that (and close their account for example) and some people aren't happy unless they're fighting. Different strokes for different folks.
    We all like to think of ourselves as tough enough to shrug it off, but I've seen stuff posted at first hand that was abusive, and even though I knew it was totally unwarranted and simply wrong, it still causes upset.
    Personally I'm easy enough going to not get too wound up over stuff. But we're all different.
    why some one would go to the effort of sending an abusive pm is beyond me. Having seen what internet bullying does to someone , i think the people who write this stuff should not be beyond punishment. What is written down can be read and reread and linger in your head.

Couldn't sleep so decided to get up early.
    Coffee in mug, kettle boiled, half asleep poured the water.
    Poured water into the sugar bowl thinking it was the mug.

Fcuk this, I'm going back to bed and putting the pillow over my face until 8am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

whelan2 wrote: »
    why some one would go to the effort of sending an abusive pm is beyond me. Having seen what internet bullying does to someone , i think the people who write this stuff should not be beyond punishment. What is written down can be read and reread and linger in your head.

Ya , its a sad person that will go to the trouble of sending an abusive pm . I doubt anything
    Junior hurler posted ever warranted one either , its a pity to see him gone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Can they (pm's) or visitor messages be removed. If they gone of screen you may forget them easier. ?

• Advertisement

Can they (pm's) or visitor messages be removed. If they gone of screen you may forget them easier. ?

Yes they can be deleted. The fact would still be in your head though that some idiot sent it to you

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

As far as I know, once you close your account, that's it. You cannot access any of your PM messages again. So if there are phone numbers or information you may want in the future, you better cut and paste them to a word document or something before you pull the plug......

• Registered Users Posts: 18,480 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

But why didn't he just report it. Ya can't just blame the site

In fairness I didn't know you could report issues via PM.
    In previous life I was getting it in the neck from another poster here through PM and never crossed my mind to Report the PM, I've reported a post or two, just never thought to report stuff that's in a PM.

_Brian wrote: »
    In fairness I didn't know you could report issues via PM.
    In previous life I was getting it in the neck from another poster here through PM and never crossed my mind to Report the PM, I've reported a post or two, just never thought to report stuff that's in a PM.
    the other thing these people dont realise is even if they delete the message in their outbox, its still in your inbox.

Cattle are getting foul in the feet again. The ground must be poisoned with it

td5man wrote: »
    Must have thought you were there queen. ;-)
    sure they only go after the sweet things;)

the other thing these people dont realise is even if they delete the message in their outbox, its still in your inbox.

I don't know if a lot of people also know that the private messaging feature can also be switched off by unchecking the box in their 'Edit Options';

mMS8wBwl.png?2

Bloody idiot reversed into the wives car while she was at mass.

Ah don't go calling yourself names like that ;)

Ah don't go calling yourself names like that ;)

Nag nag nag

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

:eek:

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

She could of being praying for her hubby to buy her a new car

Farrell wrote: »
    She could of being praying for her hubby to buy her a new car
    The bloody cheek in here this weather :D

Its only a year old which adds to the insult. It was our first brand new car. Ah it wasn't too bad in the end once the tempers cooled. Headlight replacement and bumper respray it looks like

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

The bloody cheek in here this weather :D

Its only a year old which adds to the insult. It was our first brand new car. Ah it wasn't too bad in the end once the tempers cooled. Headlight replacement and bumper respray it looks like
    Hit & Run?
    Happens OH's car (last 1) shops etc, come out & yet another dint, frustrating alright.
    Was sitting outside ATM one night waiting on herself, this woman hopped into 2yo car, started up went to pull out, stopped due to traffic & let the car roll back into brand new car, broke bumper & number plate, massive reving & away with her

Hit & Run?
    Happens OH's car (last 1) shops etc, come out & yet another dint, frustrating alright.
    Was sitting outside ATM one night waiting on herself, this woman hopped into 2yo car, started up went to pull out, stopped due to traffic & let the car roll back into brand new car, broke bumper & number plate, massive reving & away with her
    Nah lucky enough the driver owed up to the wife. Trying to keep the cost within reason for them but it's still under warranty so still have to go to main dealer for repair don't I

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

Nah lucky enough the driver owed up to the wife. Trying to keep the cost within reason for them but it's still under warranty so still have to go to main dealer for repair don't I

Can be a nightmare to get paid though,
    Unless you know the person well, you're better to insist on insurance

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Cattle are getting foul in the feet again. The ground must be poisoned with it
    Foot bath any help?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Base price wrote: »
    Foot bath any help?

Wouldn't think so for cattle. It needs some form of abrasion to get into the interdigital skin so look for what might be causing that... thistles, stones...

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

Hit & Run?
    saw a woman in aldi one night went to push her trolley between 2 cars , it wouldnt fit, she left a massive dent on 2 cars and just walked off:eek:

• Advertisement

greysides wrote: »
    Wouldn't think so for cattle. It needs some form of abrasion to get into the interdigital skin so look for what might be causing that... thistles, stones...

Yeah there alot of gravel where they walk down to the river to drink. For some reason this lot are very fond of digging into it. I do pick the sharpest of the stones every so often

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement