Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summerslam aftermath thread

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,863 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just watched it.

Was expecting the World title change but when we got the other 2 title changes, I was sure Cena would win, and going by the match itself, expected it in his usual comeback with 2 moves to win it. So pleasantly surprised to see him lose it and in such a way.

The Steph Brie match was decent with an obvious finish as soon as saw Nikki coming out. Are Steph and Rollins forming a tag team with their matching outfits?

The Rollins/Ambrose match was much better than expected considering it was a lumberjack match. I can see their next match following through on the move they were about to do from the crowd.

Also saw a Sting mask in the crowd and thought they were gonna take it of to reveal Sting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Rhonda meeting Flair and some cool clips from the front row for the Bray Wyatt entrance and stuff:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Meltzer's snowflakes:
    Cesaro/RVD - ***1/4
    Ziggler/Miz - **3/4
    Paige/AJ - **1/4
    Rusev/Swagger - ***1/4
    Rollins/Ambrose - ***3/4
    Wyatt/Jericho - ***
    Stephanie/Brie - **1/2
    Reigns/Orton - ****
    Lesnar/Cena - ****1/4

All of them are on the ball but that Reigns/Orton is baffling to me. I understand standard WWE (house show) style and what WWE considers a good match but just no here.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

rovert wrote: »
    Meltzer's snowflakes:

All of them are on the ball but that Reigns/Orton is baffling to me. I understand standard WWE (house show) style and what WWE considers a good match but just no here.

No way that was a better match than the Rollins / Ambrose match. I know what you mean about ht e style and how they built to a good finish but personally I feel that finish and a couple of nice spots like Randy turning the spear into a powerslam covered up the fact that it wasnt a great match at least not a 4* match

I would agree with the majority there though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Lesnar Cena 4 and 1/4?

maybe i should rewatch but definitely didnt feel it was that good? Can someone enlighten me?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

D.Q wrote: »
    Lesnar Cena 4 and 1/4?

maybe i should rewatch but definitely didnt feel it was that good? Can someone enlighten me?

From a storytelling point of view, rather than work rate, I would imagine. The story was probably one of the best they have told in ring for quite some time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Indeed, many times the stars are for how a match progresses an angle.

For example, look at Rock V Austin at WM17. A 5 start match most certainly, but technically it was not that great. But it had drama, atmosphere, twists, everything.

Brock Vs Cena is given an inflated rating for its stand out value. Has a megastar like Cena ever been absolutely decimated bya challenger in a match like that before in WWE history? Never. It has also started a new era of sorts with Brock as an absolute monster holding the titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

**** for Orton and Reigns?

Ridiculous.

**1/2 to *** at most.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Maybe it's just a censored expletive. It'd be consistent with my reaction when I forgot it was on the card and thought the main was getting 45-50 minutes.

Ortons/Reigns: f**k

I didn't dislike it, just wasn't too primed to see it and thought it had a very good closing sequence.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Lord TSC wrote: »
    From a storytelling point of view, rather than work rate, I would imagine. The story was probably one of the best they have told in ring for quite some time.

Yeah, the story and psycology was key here, sublime work worthy of its praise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,863 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

D.Q wrote: »
    Lesnar Cena 4 and 1/4?

A quarter per suplex and a quarter for the pin?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

One of the ways I could see lesnar losing the title is through Taker interference, seeking some sort of revenge for losing the streak and possibly leading to a match to bring closure to his career.

No one is a credible threat to lesnar, even with months of build up. I think they'll revert to how he lost the belt to Eddie G back in the day when Goldberg showed up

Advertisement