Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rescued 2 week old kitten

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

Cormac... wrote: »
    I will require daily video updates of this kitten for the next few months and then make a compilation video with sad/happy music and have little messages pop during the video
    Its a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭BumblebeeGirl

So sorry to hear about your neighbour's dog :(

Any chance we can get a video of the little guy at some stage today??:P

That was pretty rough.I heard the dog squealing and went out to see.I don't really know him,so what do you say ? but you could see there was nothing that could be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Oh no :(

I used to love this thread :( I came for my happy fix! Now I'm sad :(

So sorry to hear about your neighbour's dog :(

Any chance we can get a video of the little guy at some stage today??:P

Kinda reads like you want a video of his dog.Poor thing:(

He'll be awake in a bit and ill show you how much stronger he is at feeding compared to .yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gypsylee

I have been following your thread with interest. Delighted to hear the little mite is doing so well. Fair dues to you for putting the work in. It is very rewarding. I am hand rearing a kitten whose mother abandoned her and three siblings three weeks ago. The other three kittens died unfortunately but Guzzler (she loves her food!) is doing fine now. It was touch and go as she got cat flu but hopefully she will continue to get stronger now.

Well done to you for giving the little one a fighting chance. I hope she brings you years of company.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I bet he still meows with exclamation marks in the end... he's a little bossy thug, I'll bet...

I can't handle the cuteness...

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭BumblebeeGirl

damagegt wrote: »
    Kinda reads like you want a video of his dog.Poor thing:(

He'll be awake in a bit and ill show you how much stronger he is at feeding compared to .yesterday

Oops it does read that way! You know what I meant :)

And we have a proper poop.Thanks god for that.He looked so revealed.Should stop the drops and water now ?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Yippee! Maybe continue with a couple of drops per feed and I'd say he needs the extra water. If it gets too soft, then stop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭jimf

what have we come to

all excited about a little kitty havin a crap

we need to get out more big christening party coming up in kinsale that would be a good spot to start

Cormac,I just downloaded some high quality video editing software so I should have some very professional videos up soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

There are worse things you could be doing with your time.... now await having an income from a youtube channel :D

th_VID_20140820_152548_zps277d7c8c.mp4
    th_VID_20140820_152750_zps24857faa.mp4

Hes much stronger in these then yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I love the way his little paws are paddling away at thin air, where his mum's tummy should be :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

And we have a proper poop.Thanks god for that.
    Yeah, we need videos of the poop now as well. Get onto it.

Alun wrote: »
    I love the way his little paws are paddling away at thin air, where his mum's tummy should be :D
    He gets really into it sometimes,he cant control himself.I hate to be the poor cat that had a few kittens hanging off her.My fingers are already tore up.

He gets really into it sometimes,he cant control himself.I hate to be the poor cat that had a few kittens hanging off her.My fingers are already tore up.
    They never grow out of it to be honest :D Mine go through the whole rigmarole every time they get on my lap for a couple of minutes before they settle down. They still haven't figured that my chest / stomach / lap doesn't produce milk yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Does the kneading stimulate milk production in the mother?

Karl Stein wrote: »
    Does the kneading stimulate milk production in the mother?
    Yes, that's it as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Checking in on kitty, he is getting stronger by the night!!....

Ah, he is in such great hands with you d!!.... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Alun wrote: »
    They never grow out of it to be honest :D Mine go through the whole rigmarole every time they get on my lap for a couple of minutes before they settle down. They still haven't figured that my chest / stomach / lap doesn't produce milk yet!

I think they come to associate doing that with comfort etc :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tooshay

Joined Boards.ie to thank post 286.. lurking around since day one! Congrats on the new addition, OP. Was really more of a doggy person before but I've been swayed by that little guy... keep up the good work!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Its great to see the guy thriving. Looking at those two videos you just posted just made me smile from ear to ear.

Hes flying now.My mother just came to see him and fell in love.
    Whats the story with getting to feed from a bowl/saucer ? I know its not for a few weeks.

That's where it gets tricky, 'cause he'll dip his nose in the milk and start sneezing/coughing. The easiest way I suppose is to put a tiny amount of formula -NOT cow's milk, they cannot process the lactose-in a saucer, just enough to coat the bottom of the saucer, and increase it a tiny bit at a time until he gets used to it... but first you'd have to entice him to to the saucer, so you could probably wet your fingers in the milk and when he goes to lick them you dip them back in the milk and leave them there... I'm not sure if I've been clear enough, sorry... when he gets to that stage the formula probably won't be enough, though.

I've not done it myself, but I understand the technique is to start them on drinking a little milk from a saucer, and then gradually mixing milk and kitten food into a mush, increasing the amount of food and reducing the amount of milk until they're eating pure kitten food. The process should start at about 4 weeks and end at about 8 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭taytobreath

yea it will take him a while to get used to a saucer. I'd say judging by his development on your videos he is about 3 weeks old. So he should be eating by week 5 and then you can start weening him off the bottle and do exactly what new home said above me ^^. have the milk at room temp

And when he starts eating solid kitten food, and his teeth start springing up, DO WATCH OUT 'cause his claws and razors and Freddie Kruger and a pirana put together won't be as sharp as them... SHARP. Even if they are his milk teeth.

But still, soooo cute..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Wait until he starts running up your legs and back while you're preparing his food! :)

Advertisement