Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA League 2 H2H Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I know i keep banging on about it, but this league is seriously competitive. Less than 100 pts between top and bottom teams.
    Is there any easy way to get the links for each of the H2H leagues? Would be interesting to see what the top/bottom "real" points are in each.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Is there any easy way to get the links for each of the H2H leagues? Would be interesting to see what the top/bottom "real" points are in each.

Links were posted in the sign-up threads. On the phone so can't find them.

Did a bit of comparisons across the leagues, took the 1st, 10th and 20th placed team in each league and got their "real" points.

While L2 might not be the most competitive (93 poits between 1st and 20th compares with 50 for the PL), it is the highest standard league.

Top in L2 is on 362 in real points, top of the PL only on 328. Same for 10th spot in each league

PL Ch L1 L1
    1st 328 320 326 362
    10th 297 323 318 325
    20th 278 259 270 269

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

d5dd429542ce551ef9fe61febab7c4be.png

My game vs Sanket looks to be going down to the wire,

He has 21 points and I have 19 after today's games. We both have Costa Captain so the differences are

His 21 + DDG vs my 19 + Clyne, Bertrand and Pellè

• Advertisement

My games fairly close too....I'm 8 pts in front, with DDG and ADM to go, while he has kaboul, downing and welbeck to play (ignoring common players).

Should be close.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I'm 10 ahead with Forster left to play(excluding common players).

He has Ivanovic, Welbeck and Costa.

Squeaky bum time.

My games fairly close too....I'm 8 pts in front, with DDG and ADM to go, while he has kaboul, downing and welbeck to play (ignoring common players).

Should be close.

18 pts, pre bonus, is an awesome haul from the two utd lads. 26 points clear now in my tie, hopefully welbeck keeps quiet.

Irish Gael won by 8 points.

62 - 70

His defenders did all the damage (DDG + Terry).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Well, we can have no real complaints about luck of the draw etc... 6-18 in the league are exactly as they would be if it was based on points, only a couple of points between 19 & 20 and 1-5 aren't too far off either.

• Advertisement

324221.jpg

Commiserations to scaldyballs, whose team lost despite scoring 64 points...a score which would have been good enough to win 6 of the other 9 match ups no matter the opposition.

If Baines had scored that penalty vs United, I would have won my game by a point :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

324221.jpg

Commiserations to scaldyballs, whose team lost despite scoring 64 points...a score which would have been good enough to win 6 of the other 9 match ups no matter the opposition.

The green arrows in the other leagues softened the blow. First time doing head to head, really enjoying it

A little late, i know...

$hifty sitting (too) comfortably on the top.

324764.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

This weeks fixtures lads!

x7mei1W.png

Results could be interesting this week

Results could be interesting this week

It already is very interesting.

325680.jpg

Look at the scores:eek:

Those scores can be misleading, I'm 44 points ahead of Shifty and I'm not out of the woods yet!
    He has Aguero captaincy to come in bridging the gap to 25, and he also has Siggy, DDG & Walker to come in. (Both have ADM & Sterling)
    2 clean sheets (no bps) for his defenders and a goal, assist, cs, 3bps by Siggy and Shifty wins by 1!!!!

I was sweating over the Leicester match today, a goal for Ulloa or a CS for Moore and I might have made Shifty favourite. Not over yet :(

In fairness, it'll take a miracle for me to win the matchup. I wouldn't mind, but I haven't exactly had a bad week meself. Not even that unhappy, though gutted to be losing the tie.

Fair play, though, 90 is a savage score... In anyone's language. Especially with players still to go. If things go right for you your gw rank will be through the roof. Best of luck.

Definitely not over yet but the difference in points (lowest 10 vs highest 86) is shocking.

I have 15 points advantage but my opponent (Shedite27) has Wilson, Rafael and Foster against my Taylor. Clean sheets can take it all away from me tomorrow. Exciting. I want to see a lot of goals tomorrow.

What a huge week. Just watched the highlights from the Sunderland game and this was an unbelieveable stuff tbh. Had to watch it 2 times to believe.

• Advertisement

PARlance wrote: »
    Those scores can be misleading, I'm 44 points ahead of Shifty and I'm not out of the woods yet!
    He has Aguero captaincy to come in bridging the gap to 25, and he also has Siggy, DDG & Walker to come in. (Both have ADM & Sterling)
    2 clean sheets (no bps) for his defenders and a goal, assist, cs, 3bps by Siggy and Shifty wins by 1!!!!

I was sweating over the Leicester match today, a goal for Ulloa or a CS for Moore and I might have made Shifty favourite. Not over yet :(

Just had a look at your team:eek:

Well done.

The scores this week are insane. Pokerking has 73 pts, with 8 for boyd to come in, and 3 more players to play, one of which is his captain!

83 before your captain plays!

My game agains Shedite27 is not decided yet.
    We both have DiMaria but he also has Foster and Rafael.

0-0 or Rafael scoring and it could be a close one...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

A convincing win for myself this week! Little victories and all that! :)

wonski 91 - 84 Shedite27 (not updated yet)

Feel sorry to see you losing this one with such a good score.

This league is a fun, though. No easy games around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

oh dear lost this one by a measly 2 points. like my other h2h (which i also lost narrowly) my opponent captained Aguero. my last min change of vc from Aguero is really a kick in the teeth this week, 66pts not a bad score but feel deflated! would have even won if Chelsea hadn't conceded in the poxy last minute (Ivan was my vc :o)

well done to Liamalone

Myself and Shifty enjoying a post match glass of rogue here in the chairman's office!
    He's letting me enjoy my moment. A true gent.

But I can see it in his eyes that he's going to murder me in the return fixture :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Won my tie 46-42.

:eek:

My only green arrow this week.

Facing the league leader this GW.

My loss actually makes the league a lot tighter at the business end of things. 3 of us on 18 points, and a whole heap of teams on 15 points waiting for a slip up

• Advertisement

wonski wrote: »
    wonski 91 - 84 Shedite27 (not updated yet)

Feel sorry to see you losing this one with such a good score.

This league is a fun, though. No easy games around here.
    Yeah it's horrible to lose with 84pts - only 4 people scored higher than me and I ended up playing one of them!

The vc won it for you.

Advertisement