Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 1 match day thread

Options
1404142434446»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Ended the week on 64. Henderson out to Siggy. Happy with the team I have going into next week. Think I will be captaining a Chelsea player. Solid start, all in all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Had hoped that last night's game would bring me into the 60s after a rough start to the weekend, but ended on 58 which I'm reasonably happy with (462k).

• Registered Users Posts: 8 69455388

Hi

Can anyone tell me whether there is a disputes committee like in the USA.
    How can you challange these decsions? in relation to Ivanovic assist.

Thanks
    Donal

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

52 points leaves me just short of the millionaire club in 920k. Siggy and Hutton sat on the bench with a combined score of 18 while Bruce came on for a miserable 1. Bad start but I'm not horribly off the pace either, happy enough with my team for next week,

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭biscuits1988

45. Disappointing but early days. Henderson over Siggy the only call that's annoying me. Have Siggy in now though.

Going to resist the temptation of bringing Fab in for Hazard, despite Fab's performance last night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

69455388 wrote: »
    Hi

Can anyone tell me whether there is a disputes committee like in the USA.
    How can you challange these decsions? in relation to Ivanovic assist.

Thanks
    Donal

Gameweek is closed. FPL would entertain any correspondence now on disputed scores.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Hackers

46 points and in 1,475,127th place. Am outta here now until Friday after nearly 2 solid weeks on this forum. Need to take a break as I feel like Father Ted after writing 14 versions of " My Lovely Horse".

The missus has left me, cant see the laptop screen anymore due to the amount of empty boxes of Major stacked up in front of me. Cant see the floor due to the amount of empty cans of Dutch Gold thrown around the place and think I am going to turn into a Mighty Mac burger due to ordering in too much take away food!.

The only way is up:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hi,

We’re emailing in response to your query regarding the awarding of points this past GW, GW1. Please find in the list below the answer to your particular enquiry.

1. In the game between Everton and Leicester, Steven Pienaar, the Everton midfielder has been awarded the assist for Everton’s second goal, as his mi**** shot found it’s way into Naismith’s path before he scored.

2. In the game between Spurs and West Ham, James Collins was correctly not awarded a clean sheet bonus (the rules state that ‘If a player receives a red card, they will continue to be penalised for goals conceded by their team.’)

3. In the game between Arsenal and Crystal Palace Debuchy was awarded an assist after the goalkeeper saved his shot before Ramsey scored. Please see this section from the rules – ‘If a shot on goal is blocked by an opposition player, is saved by a goalkeeper or hits the woodwork, and a goal is scored from the rebound, then an assist is awarded.’

4. Bruce was not awarded a clean sheet bonus in Hull’s win over QPR as he didn’t play over 60 minutes, and the rules state that players must play over 60 minutes in order to be eligible for the extra points.

5. In the game between Man Utd and Swansea, Phil Jones has been awarded the assist for Rooney’s goal. It has been decided that the deflection was not a significant one, and so Jones has been awarded the points.

6. In Chelsea's win over Burnley, it has been decided that Ivanovic won't be awarded the assist for Costa's goal, as his cross was significantly deflected off a Burnely defender, whose attempted clearance rebounded off the post, before Costa scored. Please see this section from the rules - 'If an opposing player touches the ball after the final pass before a goal is scored, significantly altering the intended destination of the ball, then no assist is awarded.'

Please bare in mind that OPTA provide us with all our stats, and we’re not able to go back and reverse any of these decisions.

Yours, Fantasy Football Support

It goes to show some of the silly questions these guys get asked!!! i'm not getting hung up on the assists/not assists as it's going to balance out somewhat over the course of the season. I'll certainly highlight anything that affects me (I asked No. 6), but if they make a decision, I'm not going to sweat over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 69455388

zarquon wrote: »
    Gameweek is closed. FPL would entertain any correspondence now on disputed scores.

If you got your ticket in before the game week closed, do you think there is a procedure for retrospective points review?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Hackers wrote: »
    46 points and in 1,475,127th place. Am outta here now until Friday after nearly 2 solid weeks on this forum. Need to take a break as I feel like Father Ted after writing 14 versions of " My Lovely Horse".

The missus has left me, cant see the laptop screen anymore due to the amount of empty boxes of Major stacked up in front of me. Cant see the floor due to the amount of empty cans of Dutch Gold thrown around the place and think I am going to turn into a Mighty Mac burger due to ordering in too much take away food!.

The only way is up:)

Very good:p

42 points here, no clean sheet, no Ramsey, Siggy, Cesc, Sterling etc obviously. Very disappointing but looking forward to a few weeks of green arrows anyway. 1.8m in the world, I shudder to think what kind of apes are píssing all over me this week:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭jokser250

Had 71 points , delighted with start , liked the look of ward prowse so might transfer him in for Rodwell . Have a few playing against one another for gameweek 2 so I'd be doughtfull if I'll have as good a week but I'm not going to be making a extra 3or 4 transfers just for the sake of one week .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

75 points, 15k:eek:

Great start but will have to work hard from now to see green arrows.

All players (except the GK sub) played 90 minutes which was a nice bonus and allow me to save free transfer for next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Hi,

We’re emailing in response to your query regarding the awarding of points this past GW, GW1. Please find in the list below the answer to your particular enquiry.

1. In the game between Everton and Leicester, Steven Pienaar, the Everton midfielder has been awarded the assist for Everton’s second goal, as his mi**** shot found it’s way into Naismith’s path before he scored.

2. In the game between Spurs and West Ham, James Collins was correctly not awarded a clean sheet bonus (the rules state that ‘If a player receives a red card, they will continue to be penalised for goals conceded by their team.’)

3. In the game between Arsenal and Crystal Palace Debuchy was awarded an assist after the goalkeeper saved his shot before Ramsey scored. Please see this section from the rules – ‘If a shot on goal is blocked by an opposition player, is saved by a goalkeeper or hits the woodwork, and a goal is scored from the rebound, then an assist is awarded.’

4. Bruce was not awarded a clean sheet bonus in Hull’s win over QPR as he didn’t play over 60 minutes, and the rules state that players must play over 60 minutes in order to be eligible for the extra points.

5. In the game between Man Utd and Swansea, Phil Jones has been awarded the assist for Rooney’s goal. It has been decided that the deflection was not a significant one, and so Jones has been awarded the points.

6. In Chelsea's win over Burnley, it has been decided that Ivanovic won't be awarded the assist for Costa's goal, as his cross was significantly deflected off a Burnely defender, whose attempted clearance rebounded off the post, before Costa scored. Please see this section from the rules - 'If an opposing player touches the ball after the final pass before a goal is scored, significantly altering the intended destination of the ball, then no assist is awarded.'

Please bare in mind that OPTA provide us with all our stats, and we’re not able to go back and reverse any of these decisions.

Yours, Fantasy Football Support

It goes to show some of the silly questions these guys get asked!!! i'm not getting hung up on the assists/not assists as it's going to balance out somewhat over the course of the season. I'll certainly highlight anything that affects me (I asked No. 6), but if they make a decision, I'm not going to sweat over it.

Where did you get these responses from? Are they on the site.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

zarquon wrote: »
    Where did you get these responses from? Are they on the site.

They e-mailed me that after I asked about Ivan's assist.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

Poor start with 60 and 350k overall. Badly burned by Fabregas, need to improve!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Would hardly call 60 poor, it's about average for the forum, maybe even above average. Don't let your run last year cloud skew your expectations!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

Thats not a poor start...................

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

350k/2900k = about top 12% - yeah real poor

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

if you get 350k the top 12% in the world every week you will have an unbelievable year Id imagine. Its far far from a poor start.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

kennyb3 wrote: »
    350k/2900k = about top 12% - yeah real poor

your quicker at the calculations than me:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

78 points so very happy. Had Siggy, Fabregas, Sterling, and Ramsey all on my team so should get some price increase there.

Only bad points were some players not playing like Cameron and Davies.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Missing Links

Despite spending virtually all my hours awake on my last Bohs FF Comp,I somehow managed to get a team together which yielded a 58 point return...delighted!

if you get 350k the top 12% in the world every week you will have an unbelievable year Id imagine. Its far far from a poor start.

Sorry I didn't clarify what I meant :D It was more the drop from 6k to 350k since Saturday that annoyed me. I always try to push myself high but guessing by the reactions I'll be a bit more gracious in future :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

59 points for a 401k place. Content enough with that as my team is in reasonable shape. Just pondering a Hazard/Mata to Fabregas switch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Sorry I didn't clarify what I meant :D It was more the drop from 6k to 350k since Saturday that annoyed me. I always try to push myself high but guessing by the reactions I'll be a bit more gracious in future :p
    Season Points Rank
    2008/09 1965 39792
    2009/10 2061 283299
    2010/11 1888 323740
    2011/12 1904 414904
    2012/13 1965 316969
    2013/14 2512 236

Last season was a bit of a fluke methinks. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

You've go to forget about the mid game week rank, especially this early on I was 300K on Saturday, 1.4Million on Sunday and then 300K again on Monday. I'd imagine it it will be like this for a few week to come.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Nib wrote: »
    Last season was a bit of a fluke methinks. :pac:

I'm not getting into an argument but that was only because I didn't do it serious at all those other years apart from the first. It was only last year with a private league between friends that I decided to take part competitively. But hey maybe you're right!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Dubstar07

73 pts!!!! A bit surprised, definetly my best start. 25K. Roll on next GW

Advertisement