Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 1 match day thread

Options
  • 16-08-2014 6:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭

After all the talking, we finally get underway. Best of luck all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm going with:

Begovic
    Terry - Caulker - van Aaholt
    Fabregas - Mata - Ramsey - Siggy
    Rooney - Costa - Fletcher
    Subs: Hamer - Moore - Collocini - Isgrove
    Banked: 2.5 mil

Best of luck to everyone. It's a long road ahead. Let the madness begin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

So it begins, its been a great three weeks reading the posts, seeing the teams put together, the speculation, the bold predictions, the hard choices. Such drama ends and another begins

De Gea

van Aaholt - Hutton - Debuchy

Ramsey - Fàbregas - Mata - Jordi Gòmez

Dzeko(v) - Rooney(c) - Costa

Subs: Hammer
    Wisdom - Sigurdsson - Coloccini

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Warning! Hazard not starting!

Eden Hazard is one-of-six Chelsea players who won't be available for Chelsea in their first games of the 2014-15 Premier League season.

World Cup fatigue will stop Chelsea from fielding their strongest lineup for the first three matches of the new season, according to Jose Mourinho.
    The Chelsea boss will not rush his six World Cup stars, who have had precious little club preparation, back into Premier League action.
    Germany's Andre Schurrle, Brazil trio Oscar, Willian and Ramires and Belgian pair Eden Hazard and Thibaut Courtois have missed most of Chelsea's preseason after their World Cup exploits.
    Mourinho admitted being forced to wait patiently while a host of senior stars shake off their summer exertions is simply a fact of football life.
    "This is modern football," Mourinho said ahead of Monday night's trip to Burnley. "It's going in this tendency -- more matches, more competitions, less time to work, even not enough time to have a real holiday for bodies and brains that top football players need. There's not enough time.
    "In our case we had a group that had good holiday and a good pre-season, then we had another group because Spain was out in the group phase, and that allowed us to get five players before we expected.
    "So that was good and created a medium group -- but the final group is very late.
    Mourinho went on to say that many of his side's players were not individually ready, but that the team would still be ready for their Monday match vs. Burnley.
    The Portuguese manager admitted he will have his work cut out to appease rival goalkeepers Courtois and Petr Cech, but vowed to foster competition between the duo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Eden Hazard is one-of-six Chelsea players who won't be available for Chelsea in their first games of the 2014-15 Premier League season.

World Cup fatigue will stop Chelsea from fielding their strongest lineup for the first three matches of the new season, according to Jose Mourinho.
    The Chelsea boss will not rush his six World Cup stars, who have had precious little club preparation, back into Premier League action.
    Germany's Andre Schurrle, Brazil trio Oscar, Willian and Ramires and Belgian pair Eden Hazard and Thibaut Courtois have missed most of Chelsea's preseason after their World Cup exploits.
    Mourinho admitted being forced to wait patiently while a host of senior stars shake off their summer exertions is simply a fact of football life.
    "This is modern football," Mourinho said ahead of Monday night's trip to Burnley. "It's going in this tendency -- more matches, more competitions, less time to work, even not enough time to have a real holiday for bodies and brains that top football players need. There's not enough time.
    "In our case we had a group that had good holiday and a good pre-season, then we had another group because Spain was out in the group phase, and that allowed us to get five players before we expected.
    "So that was good and created a medium group -- but the final group is very late.
    Mourinho went on to say that many of his side's players were not individually ready, but that the team would still be ready for their Monday match vs. Burnley.
    The Portuguese manager admitted he will have his work cut out to appease rival goalkeepers Courtois and Petr Cech, but vowed to foster competition between the duo.

source ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

It's finally here.

Still not happy with my team. A few changes will be made I'm sure. Will post it afterwards.

Good luck all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

Any source for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

Morning all

Team for today

Begovic
    Cahill - van Aanholt - Caulker
    Ramsey - Fabregas - Mata - Lamela
    Rooney (c) - Costa - Fletcher
    (Hamer, Isgrove, Coloccini, Duff)

No Giroud and no Liverpool attacker leaving me nervous but don't think I'll change it now

G1032 wrote: »
    Morning all

Team for today

Begovic
    Cahill - van Aanholt - Caulker
    Ramsey - Fabregas - Mata - Lamela
    Rooney (c) - Costa - Fletcher
    (Hamer, Isgrove, Coloccini, Duff)

No Giroud and no Liverpool attacker leaving me nervous but don't think I'll change it now

Haha, only major difference to my starting 11 is my Siggy to your Lamela.

I also have Terry over Cahill. 3 of the 4 subs also the same.

I hope you have a flying start!

• Advertisement

Lemlin wrote: »

Bollocks. :( I'm glad I woke early now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Courtois (Gilks)
    Wilson, van Aanholt, Caullker (Colocini, Hutton)
    Mata, Fab, Sanchez, Coutinho (Albrighton)
    Rooney c, Costa, Fletcher

Only change overnight was while up with a kid inexplicably averse to sleep I checked a bit in Swansea transfer progress and it appears they should have the Argentinian, Fernandez oor something, signed shortly so by the time Bartley was needed in gw2 he could well have been replaced.

So I gave in to the shininess of Caulker possibly out of fatigue, so my defence with the exception of Wilson should be safe enough starters for the foreseeable and rotate well. Downside is I have nothing banked but with three big price players to swap around.

Also kept it simple with Albrighton rather than a punt on Faurlin.

Going back to bed now, possibly till after the deadline so that'll be that.

Good luck people, except people who areIin competition with me for anything! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Krul
    Dunne van aanholt wisdom
    siggy fab mata ramsey
    rooney sturridge(c) costa

Elliot collocini hutton marney

Haha, only major difference to my starting 11 is my Siggy to your Lamela.

I also have Terry over Cahill. 3 of the 4 subs also the same.

I hope you have a flying start!

Lol. You too. I'm still considering Sterling. It really is a huge risk not having as Liverpool player this week. I'd probably transfer him out straight away for Lamela. Not long left to make up my mind

Read this last night too. It's all very general about easing back WC players. Doesn't say in the quotes that all of the named players are out. All it says ia thwy were very late back in training.

We knew Haz had limited preseason and I'd expect him to be eased back hence why I have Fab. I'd predict Hazard starting and coming of aroud 60. I'd have predicted that before the article.

Still going with Courtois too as I have balls of steel Jose, I can take everything you throw at me you trolling Portuguese fecker!! :)

After that article about Hazard I'm going with this team for gw1. 1.5million in the bank.

De Gea
    Debuchy Terry Davies
    Fabregas Mata Siggy Ramsey
    Rooney Costa Fletcher

Hamer Isgrove Bruce Wisdom

Good luck to all of ye. :)

FHFC wrote: »
    Read this last night too. It's all very general about easing back WC players. Doesn't say in the quotes that all of the named players are out.

We knew Haz had limited preseason and I'd expect him to be eased back hence why I have Fab. I'd predict Hazard starting and coming of aroud 60. I'd have predicted that before the article.

Still going with Courtois too as I have balls of steel Jose, I can take everything you throw at me you trolling Portuguese fecker!! :)

Go on, of to bed now!! You don't want to make any rash decisions with a tired head!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Courtois (Gilks)
    Wilson, van Aanholt, Caullker (Colocini, Hutton)
    Mata, Fab, Sanchez, Coutinho (Albrighton)
    Rooney c, Costa, Fletcher

Only change overnight was while up with a kid inexplicably averse to sleep I checked a bit in Swansea transfer progress and it appears they should have the Argentinian, Fernandez oor something, signed shortly so by the time Bartley was needed in gw2 he could well have been replaced.

So I gave in to the shininess of Caulker possibly out of fatigue, so my defence with the exception of Wilson should be safe enough starters for the foreseeable and rotate well. Downside is I have nothing banked but with three big price players to swap around.

Also kept it simple with Albrighton rather than a punt on Faurlin.

Going back to bed now, possibly till after the deadline so that'll be that.

Good luck people, except people who areIin competition with me for anything! :D

Albrighton is injured.

Cue loads of people only realising today when he doesnt play and a price drop. Get rid

Going with

De gea

Chambers debuchy terry caulker

Mata fabregas. Ramsey

Rooney costa Bojan

Subs krul siggy kelly isgrove

I'm going with:

Begovic
    Terry - Caulker - van Aaholt
    Fabregas - Mata - Ramsey - Siggy
    Rooney - Costa - Fletcher
    Subs: Gilks - Moore - Collocini - Isgrove
    Banked: 1.5 mil

Best of luck to everyone. It's a long road ahead. Let the madness begin.

Just realised I actually have 2.5 mil banked with this line up. Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Right, I'm lost somewhere in the Alps with limited wifi connection. So don't have time to tinker...

Here's my final GW1 team.

DeGea
    Terry-Chambers-Caulker
    Fabregas-Mata-Eriksen-Ramsey(VC)
    Rooney(C)-Diego Costa-Fletcher

Bench: Krul--Wisdom-Wanyama-Bruce

Good luck to you all ;)

• Advertisement

Albrighton is injured.

Cue loads of people only realising today when he doesnt play and a price drop. Get rid

He is flagged so people know.

Hence his ownership has gone way down already. Was under 4% last time I checked.

He remains one of the best 4.5 options, nailed on attacking player with set pieces. They expect him to be fit by next week. Can't see him dropping, in fact with his ownership low if he starts next week and does ok he'll be 5th mid in a lot of wildcard teams and could well rise nicely.

He is flagged so people know.

Hence his ownership has gone way down already. Was under 4% last time I checked.

He remains one of the best 4.5 options, nailed on attacking player with set pieces. They expect him to be fit by next week. Can't see him dropping, in fact with his ownership low if he starts next week and does ok he'll be 5th mid in a lot of wildcard teams and could well rise nicely.

The reason I'm steering clear of Albrighton is that expecting a player to be back next week can often turn into 2 or 3 weeks. That'd be my worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Much the same as others except I am playing Coutinho instead of Siggy but plan to sell Coutinho for GW2.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

Any way I can improve here?
    Maybe the subs?
    Who is best 4.5 mid in place of El Ahmadi?
    0.0 in the wallet!!

De gea
    Terry Wisdom Debuchy
    Mata Cesc Silva Sterling
    Costa Bojan Rooney (c)

Subs: Hamer, El Ahmadi, Moore, Bruce

JR6 wrote: »
    Any way I can improve here?
    Maybe the subs?
    Who is best 4.5 mid in place of El Ahmadi?
    0.0 in the wallet!!

De gea
    Terry Wisdom Debuchy
    Mata Cesc Silva Sterling
    Costa Bojan Rooney (c)

Subs: Hamer, El Ahmadi, Moore, Bruce
    I wouldn't go with Bojan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

gonna play 3-5-2
    De Gea (Myhill)
    Baines Lovren O'shea (Ferdinand Dummett)
    Siggy Coutinho Eriksen Silva Ramsey
    Rooney (c) Bony (Bojan)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Krul
    Dunne van aanholt wisdom
    siggy fab mata ramsey
    rooney sturridge(c) costa

Elliot collocini hutton marney

Changed again and logging out now
    Begovic
    Dunne wisdom van aanholt
    sterling fab mata ramsey
    costa rooney(c) Fletcher

elliot collocini hutton siggy

1.5 in bank now and hoping fletcher scores to catch a price rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭smokingman

De gea

Chambers Debucy Azpiliqueta

Mata Yaya Erikson Henderson

Rooney Costa Bojan

Subs Gilks Siggurdsson Moore Bruce

Best of luck all!

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭JamBur

4pzjf7.png

Locked in, I swapped Hazard for Fab, and Lovren to Azpil. Half a mill in the bank. Any glaring problem?

Good luck all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

Finally set on a team....

Mannonne
    Davies Lovren Kolorav
    Mata Ramsey Couthino Lamela Young
    Costa Rooney (c)

Krul Wickham Hutton Bartely

Best of luck all, great to start back......

Advertisement