Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Who-02-26th Nov

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Oh ya by the way Brad Wilk (RATM) is the drummer on their album release he should be behind the kit here.

He wasn't when they supported Robert Plant in the Olympia. Though he was touring with Smashing Pumpkins then.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

I saw them in the Odyssey on Sunday and they came on at 8.45 and played a 2-hour set (no encore).

Ticket sales must have been very poor, my girlfriend works in Belfast and her work was offered a free pair on Thursday. So many people entered the draw that they asked for more, and in the end were given 20 pairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

emo72 wrote: »
    On stage at 830? Seems a bit early doesn't it? Is that time reliable? (Spider senses say no). Would like to try the delights of the local pubs, see if I could find a decent pint of ale anywhere.

I wouldn't chance it if I was you!
    I have been caught out by this in the past. A lot of older bands tend to take to the stage earlier.

9 you'd imagine is the standard start time but this ain't a given.

Fleetwood Mac last Saturday were advertised as onstage at 8, and it was about 8:10 when they took to the stage.

The Who i'd imagine will play a good 2 hours. So if there on at 8:45 that makes the finish time 10:45. The curfew is 11.

The Last Internationale supporting are also well worth a look!

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Finne1993

Wow wow wow! I saw them 2 years ago and thought it was superb but tonight I was just blown away, Daltrey and Townshend are a combined age of 141! It's amazing!
    It's a pity it wasn't a sell out but there was still a brilliant atmosphere tonight, there was a real buzz about the place!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,998 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

superb show that was, almost two hours solid, no mucking around.

Only downside to the evening was getting out of the car park, was sat in car waiting for queue ahead to move when a "country" gentleman (to borrow a euphemism from william shakespeare) and his lady friend hopped into their merc and decided that they had the will, nay the right even to go from parked into the queue of cars exiting without so much as an excuse me or may I pull out, had the windows down on the car and pretty much forgot the presence of my mother when i let out of a roar of "fu.ck right off" as I moved with the car in front and he tried to push his way in, looked out window and fcukers bumper was about a half inch from door. grrrrrrrrrr

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Fantastic show last night
    Really enjoyed it
    Good solid 2 hours of hits
    Brilliant performances by Daltrey and Townsend

• Registered Users Posts: 11,328 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

First time seeing them live. Great gig. Two hours, no messing about. Daltrey's voice is something else for a man his age especially on Love Reign O'er me and the scream on Won't Get Fooled Again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Choochtown

Obvious that they're playing for the love of it rather than the money. Songs that they've been playing for decades still sounded fresh and alive. A fantastic show from the unique personalised messages for the Irish gig to the amazing light/video show to Daltrey's powerful vocals to Townshend's showmanship ... 2 hours of near perfection

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Sixth time seeing them last night and they are never a let down. Roger's voice sounded stronger than on the Quadrophenia tour two years ago.

Venue was almost full, very friendly crowd.

Only gripe was that 3 Arena ran out of hot dogs by 7pm - staff said only 120 of them supplied for the evening??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

Excellent night, ridiculous energy by the two of them still. It was a privilege.

Did someone sort the air con :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Absolutely fantastic concert!

Roger Daltrey sounded incredibly strong, It was baffling to hear him put in a performance that very well could of been from 1970!

Great band, great sound, great concert!

I think the Last Internationale would be better suited to a club or theatre venue, although they did do a fine job warming up the crowd!
    Great to see them hang around to chat to fans and sign records.
    I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for this band when they return!

Advertisement