Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scorpion (CBS) US Pace [** Spoilers **]

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I'm still enjoying this, but they seem to have dropped the façade of scientific accuracy, and that takes me out of the story when they make basic errors. I'm not talking super-geeky stuff either, but basic things like the fact that water expands as it freezes from liquid to ice. In a cracked dam wall that's already under severe stress from the water pressure, that would be a Very Bad Thing. :eek:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

I enjoyed this season even more than the first. Glad it's coming back for a third.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Good start to the new season. The fighting and lovesick Walt were annoying but the story was decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is actor Elyes Gabel (Walter) and Kat McPhee (Paige) still a couple off screen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

"*Sentinels*

CBS Buys Spy Drama ‘Sentinels’ From Trio Of ‘Scorpion’ Producers

---Quote---
    CBS has put in development Sentinels, a drama from the Scorpion trio of supervising producer Rob Pearlstein and executive producers Nick Santora, who created the show, and Nicholas Wootton. CBS Television Studios, which is behind the CBS series, is the studio.

Written and executive produced by Pearlstein, Sentinels share the sensibility of Scorpion as a light, action procedural. It centers on the world’s worst news team who’s actually a cover for a secret government program that has highly trained spies masquerading as hapless reporters. They use their unfettered access all over the globe to take on harrowing missions and preserve world peace. Wootton and Santora also executive produce.
    ---End Quote---
    http://deadline.com/2016/10/cbs-buys-spy-drama-sentinels-scorpion-producers-nick-santora-nicholas-wootton-1201840845/"

I'm still watching this at local pace on ITV2, and while the quality is variable, I thought the most recent episode was particularly good. This was the episode in which Ralph's autistic friend goes missing, with some bizarre consequences. The plot is a bit of a red herring in some ways.
    The bad guys only wanted their tablet back, and weren't necessarily going to harm the kid; he was more in more danger from his own erratic behaviour, as it turned out.
    Some interesting revelations at the end, too.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

bnt wrote: »
    I'm still watching this at local pace on ITV2, and while the quality is variable, I thought the most recent episode was particularly good. This was the episode in which Ralph's autistic friend goes missing, with some bizarre consequences. The plot is a bit of a red herring in some ways.
    The bad guys only wanted their tablet back, and weren't necessarily going to harm the kid; he was more in more danger from his own erratic behaviour, as it turned out.
    Some interesting revelations at the end, too.

make about 3 weeks ago. Its us pace, so its presume people are up to date about 2 days max after the episode has aired

They be off in the emerald isle tomorrow.

Pretty cringey Oirish episode this week. Bad accents, dodgy Cork car regs, soda bread and LA weather.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Mr E wrote: »
    Pretty cringey Oirish episode this week. Bad accents, dodgy Cork car regs, soda bread and LA weather.

Heat wave turns the lake into CO2 and there's a left hand drive hi-ace owned by a plumber.

fonz.jpg

• Advertisement

Clareman wrote: »
    Heat wave turns the lake into CO2 and there's a left hand drive hi-ace owned by a plumber.
    Was surprised to see an irish reg plate though

Clareman wrote: »
    Just saw this episode and watched for that: the HiAce was actually right-hand drive. Pity about the other big American car in the background, and the American house, and the sky being totally the wrong colour ... and the lack of any volcanic activity in Ireland. :pac:

I used to like this show. It was escapist nonsense but it was fun.

This season has really been awful though. The stories haven't been great at all, and the sense of fun has been lost.
    One or two out of the 8 episodes have been passable but the rest were really bad.
    Cabe's legal trouble - boring. Sylvester becoming a lawyer - boring. Toby and Happy trying for baby - boring. Walt and Paige trying to be a couple - boring.

Take the latest episode. It took about 17 long, painful, unfunny minutes of medieval setup before the title card appeared, and the rest of the episode wasn't much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭squonk

Yeah I kind of agree. I hoped earlier on they were building towards something But I don’t think they are. The last episode with the mediaeval part was awful. There is no need for Cabe’s legal trouble. Theyre geniuses. If they haven’t made money I can’t figure out a way to make money to hire a competent lawyer with experience then really what’s the point? The Sylvester angle is just moronic.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,679 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I think the slide happened when they went from fun stand-alone episodes to over-arching character plots and continuity. Not every show has to be made as a 12/24 hour movie.

The Genius angle seems to have been lost too - money troubles? Come on.. a garage full of super IQs can't save/invest their paydays and make a fortune? Also makes you wonder how much their expertise is actually worth.
    I like Cabe a lot - he holds the show together IMO - but agree that having Sylvester be his lawyer is ridiculous - but also related to my first point.

As for Walt and Paige together... after years of "will they, won't they" it really seems that they just shouldn't have.

I still watch the show, but the quality dive is unmissable :(

• Registered Users Posts: 85,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Advertisement