Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scorpion (CBS) US Pace [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,679 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

That does look pretty cool - Fall 2014?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,309 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    That does look pretty cool - Fall 2014?

September 22.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Autumn, dammit. :)

Fall my arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

That looks like one whole episode in 4 minutes! So it looks contrived and down right impossible (sooo Hollywood).
    They happen to end up in a restaurant where there is a misunderstood genius kid.
    Though I'll probably watch it...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

will look forward to this, though I never heard of him til now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

MargeS wrote: »
    That looks like one whole episode in 4 minutes!

Seems to be the same for all trailers for new series. they have the entire pilot in the 2-4 minute trailer. Sure I watched the trailer for Selfie (since Karen Gillan is in it) and comes across as an entire series.

I may chcek this out for a couple episodes at least. Trying to start as few new series as possible and already have Constantine, Gotham and the Flash

Walter O'Brien is going to be on the D'Arcy show shortly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭aine1980

Looks good, will definitely watch a few eps to see if it's worth adding to the schedule

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

now there is a show that cancellation written all over it, i give it 6 episodes before it pulled, if it was on a cable channel like FX or TNT it would fit in perfectly, but i cant honestly see this gaining anything near a worthwhile audience on CBS,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭squonk

Yup. Sadly it looks like the new Intelligence :(

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

A fun pilot but nothing really original.

I see it as a kind of Big Bang Theory set in save the world FBI type procedural.

The smartest people in the world helping to save it but but they have no social skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

I thought this wasn't starting until October 22nd?

Nope already started, going to watch tonight

Dumber than a box of rocks (I appreciate the irony), but it has an energy that's infectious and it was great fun.

Plus Katharine McPhee.... yikes. :)

Just watched the pilot. Has cancelation written all over it I think. For a show that touts the IQs of the main cast it surprised me that nobody thought to pull a network cable to prevent the backup rather than an elaborate overload of the circuit to the data center security system. Next, none of our geniuses could transport a HD safely leading to a, frankly, plain daft hook up between a Ferrari and an unfeasably low flying passenger aircraft. Michael Bay must be rolling on the floor laughing at this stage. His movies now look like master classes in filmmaking after that. This isn't so much turn your brain off TV as lobotomies yourself TV. Only with a chunk of your brain removed could this be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

Hilariously bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Tango One

Horrible pilot nothing that would make me give it a second chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is the guy from Casualty who looks Indian playing the Irish lead?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is the guy from Casualty who looks Indian playing the Irish lead?

Yes

Have this to watch and hoping that at the very least its a but of disposable dumb fun, the trailer I saw for it was woeful and seemed like the show wasn't quite sure what it wanted to be. With all the new shows that are starting as well as the fact that I've finally started watching Fringe and Nikita, it'll be hard to justify this if it's as poor as most are saying.

Well put it this way, I'll give it a few more episodes. It's kind of flashy and exciting but that's it. I think it's like binging on junk food. It's enjoyable enough at the time even though you know you really shouldn't and afterwards you really wonder what you were thinking!

If they don't up the standard pretty soon then I'll probably bow out. The show seems even more stupid this morning now I've digested it than it did just after watching. It's like they asked a 5 year old for set pieces he thought would be cool and just went with those! I was much more hopeful. I wasn't expecting it to be particularly great so I had no major expectations but it just turned out worse than I could have even expected!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I'll give it two more episodes but if the pilot is suppose to get my attention they utterly failed...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,679 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I think ye are all missing the point really.

It's not meant to make you think - it's a fast-paced, dumb, action comedy with a quirky hook... on those levels it achieves what it sets out to.

Personally, while I like shows like Boardwalk Empire, The Shield, The Sopranos etc as well, I quite enjoyed it as a leave your brain at the door piece of escapism - it'll fill that "Last Ship" gap nicely I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭sioda

Episode 2 again not rocket science either but have to say defo fills a gap in my watching that Intelligence filled last year.

Plus will give anything with Robert Patrick a whirl.

I liked it too. I wonder if the science behind the aerosol/sprinklers at the end was realistic?

• Advertisement

Only watched the first episode but enjoyed it for the easy to watch, throw away trash that it is. It's not a show that does anything original, the characters are all walking talking clichés and the script relies more on flashy imagery than anything else and yet it remains strangely entertaining. I'll no doubt stick with this for a few weeks as I'm going through a hard time at the minute and in need of something a little light.

Advertisement