Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

btea

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Rocking_roxy

carzony wrote: »
    so could I work during th summer and then apply for BTEA? I spent the summer on the dole because I was told you needed to be unemployed to receive the BTEA ffs

You need to be unemployed long term (like a year) to be allowed get the BTEA

Got my letter of approval today :). Delighted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Darth Floodric

Got my letter of approval today . Delighted 

Did you have to do an interview or jump through any hoops?

Did you have to do an interview or jump through any hoops?

No just the application.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Darth Floodric

That's reassuring. I sent my application in last week so I'm not.sure when to expect to hear from them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ralphdejones

Got my letter of approval today :). Delighted :)

When did you apply ?

When did you apply ?

Early July! Very early so don't judge by mine. They only started looking at them last week.

I got my letter of approval! Stamp on it says 15th, but received it today, delighted. I just had to get a letter of written confirmation from the college saying I'll be going there (which the guy at reception just printed off something and signed it, not sure if they'll accept it or not) which I'm going to hand in tomorrow. The letter says I've to give the letter before 4th of October, as it may affect my payment - does this mean I'll still be receiving normal jsa payments until then? I hope not, I need the BTEA amount asap.

My letter says I have to get written confirmation of registration, but it doesnt say when I have to give it to them by! Im having trouble registering at the moment, which will slow up me getting the written confirmation to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭amandaf675

Ive an interview for a course tuesday so should i apply for the btea asap before knowing if i get the course as it starts the following week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ralphdejones

I would anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭mosii

Anybody else get there approval, I m still waiting,,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭CaoimheCweeva

@mosii, ring them and ask them about your application? When did you apply? I applied like mid June and only heard last week, but you should still hear soon enough.

My letter says I have to get written confirmation of registration, but it doesnt say when I have to give it to them by! Im having trouble registering at the moment, which will slow up me getting the written confirmation to them!

It'll probably be some time in October too! Ring them anyways though to find out for sure :)

I got another letter today from them telling me my payment will be going directly into my bank account from the 4th of September, deliiiiiiighted :D No more going to the post office and having the will-it-or-won't-it-be-there worry :D Here's hoping they're more organised with it! Just have to go into them tomorrow and ask them if they got my written confirmation of registration, and how much payment I'll be getting

Hi I got put on provisional list today,delighted,will a college letter stamped,with details of course on it ,do for proof of registration and will they pay btea from the first day of the course,even though It may be a week after the course starts before they receive the proof,thanks,:)

mosii wrote: »
    Hi I got put on provisional list today,delighted,will a college letter stamped,with details of course on it ,do for proof of registration and will they pay btea from the first day of the course,even though It may be a week after the course starts before they receive the proof,thanks,:)

Go into the college and tell them you need written proof of registration that ISN'T just a letter that you gave BTEA the first time applying, they'll know what to give you, they probably deal with BTEA applicants all the time. I'd suggest giving it to them asap, though does the letter say it has to be given by October some time? But I would recommend doing it as fast as possible so you can guarantee that you get the BTEA payment in.

Thanks ,no there is no date on the letter to have proof in for,surely they will give a few weeks grace,thanks again.:pac:

Have any of you received payments yet?
    I got my first today and I'm pretty sure it's less than I'm supposed to get. On JSA I was receiving 100 for myself and 100 for my boyfriend, so €200 a week. As far as I'm aware, I should be receiving 160 for myself (because I'm under either 23 or 25 I'm not sure) and then 100 for my boyfriend, so €260 a week. I only got 200 .
    If I'm wrong about how much I think I should be receiving then please correct me! But I was talking to the special schemes section a couple of weeks ago about it and I was told I would be receiving more than 200 Euro.

Thanks guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

i'v been told i'v to pay my full 260 fees before I can het my letter of approval from my college.. until then I can't get my btea ffs..

i'v been told i'v to pay my full 260 fees before I can het my letter of approval from my college.. until then I can't get my btea ffs..

Really? that really sucks...can you organise a payment plan with the college? that's what I'd to do..I've 300 in fees left to pay them, but I can pay 50 a week until it's paid off. Is there no letter at all from the college stating that you're starting a course there?

It's ridiculous like, that's so backwards really..you've no money which is why you need the BTEA, but yet you won't get it til you've paid your fees..insane!

Really? that really sucks...can you organise a payment plan with the college? that's what I'd to do..I've 300 in fees left to pay them, but I can pay 50 a week until it's paid off. Is there no letter at all from the college stating that you're starting a course there?

It's ridiculous like, that's so backwards really..you've no money which is why you need the BTEA, but yet you won't get it til you've paid your fees..insane!

I can pay them but the minimum is 40 a week. but my weekly commute will also cost me 40 a week.. 80 euro gone out of my 200 before i'v even started college :mad::mad:

• Advertisement

Hi,im on a reduced payment because of means,on jobseekers allowance,if I get btea will I get my full 188 per week.I know that btea is not means tested,but in citizens info.it says that from 1/2013/the payment will be equal to your previous welfare payment,,will this be the reduced amount or the full jsa ,thanks.

any ideas lads
    :o:o

I was getting 144e a week and now on btea will be getting 160e a week. Would love if I was getting 188e :(

ok thanks anyway

I was getting 144e a week and now on btea will be getting 160e a week. Would love if I was getting 188e :(

last year I went from 100 dole a week to 204 on btea. now I get 144 on the dole and I'm hoping i'll get 204 on btea this year

but were you on a reduced payment because of means?.I am,and I am wondering will it go up,thanks;):rolleyes:

last year I went from 100 dole a week to 204 on btea. now I get 144 on the dole and I'm hoping i'll get 204 on btea this year

How did you get 204???

Jesus 200e a week would be nice. I'm getting 144e a week because I'm 25. So it's an age reduced payment. I think it goes up to 188e when your 26.

How did you get 204???

i recieved 160 but when i turned 22 last year in march my money went to 204? i never questioned it and the receipt i recieved every week had my proper details and proper type of payment on it.. i'm hoping i'll recieve the 204 this year as my transport will be massively expensive this year :o:o

• Advertisement

i recieved 160 but when i turned 22 last year in march my money went to 204? i never questioned it and the receipt i recieved every week had my proper details and proper type of payment on it.. i'm hoping i'll recieve the 204 this year as my transport will be massively expensive this year :o:o

Ah okay.

Advertisement