Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wearable camera that takes a picture every 30 seconds

Options
  • 11-08-2014 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭

http://getnarrative.com/
    Capture, store and relive special moments with the world's smallest wearable camera.

The Narrative Clip only weighs 20 grams (0.7 oz) and measures 36x36x9 mm (1.42x1.42x0.35 inches). With a storage capacity of 6000 pictures and battery life for 2 days of use, you can be sure to never miss a moment! Just plug it in to your computer to transfer all your images and recharge the batteries.

For as little as €250

Would you buy one?

I plan to, I think you would get some great memories from it. Especially if you were on holidays or visiting friends, etc. Things that you would forget about would all be in an album that you could look back at.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,240 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I couldn't be bothered.

Also, opens all kind of privacy cans of worms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

http://getnarrative.com/

For as little as €250

Would you buy one?

I plan to, I think you would get some great memories from it. Especially if you were on holidays or visiting friends, etc. Things that you would forget about would all be in an album that you could look back at.

It's subscription based...

I wouldn't pay to rent a camera for a year or 3 months when I can use my own phone to cherish the moment or even buy a proper camera for the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

They sound so stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Very expensive digital camera tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

The problem these days is that people are too concerned with taking photos of "memories" than actually living them and them becoming, you know, memories. Just live for the bloody moment. It's not healthy to be always looking at pics of the past anyway, IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

All cameras are wearable if you have access to elastic bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

My life is too boring to have this.

Would need another lifetime then to look through all the photos, and another to delete all the rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

€250 for a 5 megapixel camera that you use an app on your smartphone which would probably take higher quality pictures to access the photos in a "narrative" on a subscription?

Fùck that.

Also, I like how they used a stock photo for Daniel Daboczy who gave a quote about how great it is :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I might for a day for a laugh, but no way would I spend €250 on it. The other thing is that I have an MP3 player about the same size and weight that I use in the gym, and because women's t-shirts have different necks, every picture would probably be at an angle, and slightly pointing at my cleavage.

I could possible clip it onto a necklace, but you're immediately getting into a bit more effort than just clip and forget.

It looks like the subscription is for the web storage, not for the camera itself. You can still use the camera without the subscriptions, but then it won't geo-tag, so you'll just end up with a whole bunch of pictures cluttering up your computer.

So, no, I won't be signing up/buying.

eamonnq wrote: »
    My life is too boring to have this.

Would need another lifetime then to look through all the photos, and another to delete all the rubbish.

Imagine at the end of the day...400 pics of your monitor in work, 3 of the toilet/your wang, 100 of the telly!

Eh, Ctrl+a and delete!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

For as little as €250

"For as little as"
    €250 is expensive

It's like those shops that list their prices as "Only 1.99, only €3.99", really gets on my tits :mad: I am the consumer, let ME decide when it is or isn't a reasonable price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Chance The Rapper

kingtut wrote: »
    "For as little as"
    €250 is expensive

It's like those shops that list their prices as "Only 1.99, only €3.99", really gets on my tits :mad: I am the consumer, let ME decide when it is or isn't a reasonable price.

I was being sarcastic :P

kingtut wrote: »
    "For as little as"
    €250 is expensive

Think it's aimed at the IPhone selfie crowd that have more money than sense. I saw one being used in a university context collating someone's life over 5 years. Or being used to see what your cat gets up to. otherwise they are totally useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

KungPao wrote: »
    The problem these days is that people are too concerned with taking photos of "memories" than actually living them and them becoming, you know, memories. Just live for the bloody moment. It's not healthy to be always looking at pics of the past anyway, IMO.

Yep all the better to have something great to stick on DB than actually living it.

Being in elder quadrant of members here, A lot of my relatives and some friends are no longer here. Sometimes when I look at at pictures I'm almost back in the moment. I always think why did we take so few pictures - though not that feckin many.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

What if the moment I want captured happened at the 25 second mark?

People would only be paranoid around you knowing that you have a camera attached to you snapping every 30 seconds

Yep all the better to have something great to stick on DB than actually living it.

Being in elder quadrant of members here, A lot of my relatives and some friends are no longer here. Sometimes when I look at at pictures I'm almost back in the moment. I always think why did we take so few pictures - though not that feckin many.

Those photos are extra special because you don't have so many, i think. It's great having photos of loved ones (no longer with us or all grown up now) and certain special times, who doesn't like to dig out the biscuit tin and look at photos from 1982 of Granny and Granddad with little you in the middle with a candy floss in Bray...but having thousands of photos of ****e stored on an external hard drive is just too much...these people probably won't even look at half of them again.

Those photos are extra special because you don't have so many, i think. It's great having photos of loved ones (no longer with us or all grown up now) and certain special times, who doesn't like to dig out the biscuit tin and look at photos from 1982 of Granny and Granddad with little you in the middle with a candy floss in Bray...but having thousands of photos of ****e stored on an external hard drive is just too much...these people probably won't even look at half of them again.

I think if you made an album at the end of each year with the good ones and deleted the rest you'd be fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Bafucin

You could wear it during sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

Kinda stupid imo, I would in me hole go through all those photos and pick the ones that were any good.

Kinda stupid imo, I would in me hole go through all those photos and pick the ones that were any good.

The app does it for you and gathers all the similar ones together. So if you're at your pc for most of the day, they're all in one album. then when you go somewhere else the pictures are in a different album. So it's really not that much hassle.

• Advertisement

Bafucin wrote: »

I'd get at least one photo :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭kevc2

It would be good to wear for something like getting married or hiking up a huge mountain. I couldn't see a use for day to day use, too many photos to go through every day. The price tag is ridiculous coupled with the subscription would make it not a wise purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Be handy to wear one on a night out.....

Wake up with a terrible hang over and wonder, what the hell did I get up to last night....

Pop your narrative cam into your PC, your head pounding, and watch the horrors of the night before in full as you act the tit while loaded, that's much better than remembering bits and pieces over a few days, amirite? :pac:

I'd get at least one photo :)

Damn beaten to it..... May not even get one “Mr hurricane” :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

A glorified selfie in some cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Again, what if the moment I want captured happens at the 25 second mark? Sometimes 15 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

A few of them are going to be toilet pics as well. Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Half of mine would essentially be screenshots of AH

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Not going to lie, the majority of my pictures would probably be of my phone and laptop.

• Advertisement

LizT wrote: »
    Not going to lie, the majority of my pictures would probably be of my phone and laptop.

Sadly me too, but for days/ nights out it would be good in fairness, saves the hassle of carrying a camera around

Advertisement