Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Creedon's Weather Sunday 6.30pm RTE1

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

I tend to like John's shows, he brings a nit of not tooooo seriousness to subjects and is pleasant enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

its on now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Aaagh forgot this was starting......have just clicked on now

not nearly as interesting as last weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

That 1am conference call did not look fun

• Advertisement

That 1am conference call did not look fun

John's live weather forecast does though haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Call me Al

not nearly as interesting as last weeks

I thought the piece on the satellites that are in the sky was extremely interesting and informative.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Good mix of bit of science/interviews and on location examples.

Solid program, interesting to watch whilst maintaining it at understandable level.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,812 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I thought it was great again - despite the infuriating glitches on UPC's player that meant I had to stop and start it about 20 times :mad:

I especially enjoyed the Dublin Airport segment - I've always been fascinated by the inner workings of an airport and would LOVE to spend a day (or a year!) hanging around watching how it all works. Onsite weather forecasters and weather management are only a tiny part of the whole thing - but what a vital part!

Was also interested to hear the guy in Kerry saying that on balance he'd let nature take its course when the likes of the damage happened at Rossbeigh. I'm familiar with a beach in NW Donegal for the last 30-odd years, and it's gone from being unrelieved white plaster-smooth sand to being 95% rocks for a significant portion of its length, and back again, I've lost count how many times now. I never knew if it was that the sand got sucked out, or the rocks got thrown up. I now guess it was that the sand got washed away. All seems to be fairly cyclical though - so while it may be hard on the families/farms etc that are left exposed, I'm not sure that you can fight nature and stop the march of the sea

Fascinating programme, I'm well impressed with it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

• Advertisement

FAIL big time.

MAN MADE CLIMATE CHANGE.

Poor man is disillusion.

I can see by his body language he is not comfortable with this line, he is aware of climate, weather, climate change and global warming, and has got confused.

its starting now in two minutes with creedon giving a live forecast :)

haha this should be good

good man John

Just tuning in now..... the paper says this is last in series, but I thought it was a 4-parter? :confused:

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Just tuning in now..... the paper says this is last in series, but I thought it was a 4-parter? :confused:

so did i

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭piuswal

Pretty good presentation.

Interesting though that RTE only showed Nuala Carey explaining the mechanics of the actual presentation; no mention at all of where/how she (and John) got the actual forecast information.

I did like his last comment about Taxing Climate Change.

piuswal wrote: »
    Pretty good presentation.

Interesting though that RTE only showed Nuala Carey explaining the mechanics of the actual presentation; no mention at all of where/how she (and John) got the actual forecast information.

That was covered earlier by Evelyn Cusack at the start of the programme.

Not in any detail, mind you - which I would have been very interested to see. Maybe that's for the next series. If you're reading this John......

I remember years ago seeing a BBC/UTV programme where people swapped jobs, and a weather forecaster/presenter from UTV (don't know her name but you'd definitely know her) swapped with an RSPCA officer. They showed a lot of the mechanics of putting the weather forecast together and it was fascinating. (They also showed a LOT of the weather forecaster squealing in terror at the animals she had to deal with :D )

piuswal wrote: »
    no mention at all of where/how she (and John) got the actual forecast information.

Evelyn showed him the computers and the maps that he was to extrapolate his forecast from, I don't have time to take all that in he said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭piuswal

Red Nissan wrote: »
    Evelyn showed him the computers and the maps that he was to extrapolate his forecast from, I don't have time to take all that in he said.

Thanks, missed the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Did he actually do a live broadcast ??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Did he actually do a live broadcast ??

He did.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Aimsir

The Secrets of the Irish Landscape (RTE) has also been really good

Advertisement