Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Esitmate to repair this damage?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Ah chassis Isint bent itself it's just an arm or leg of it :) il post up before and after during the week :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭visual

From the photos so far it would appear the crash bar behind bumber took a big hit and with chassis leg bent I be concerned the car wont be right after cosmetic only repair.
    l

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

I would be very surprised to see any quality of repair for €500, there is €200-250 of materials alone in that repair. Even allowing for you getting parts there is still 10-12 hours work too. If someone is willing doing it for 500 quid they can't be doing it right.

Parts wise i would be looking at Bumper, Bumper Bar, Bumper retainer. Then checking wing liner and fog light blank for damage.

i have to source a new wing and bumper for it , then another 500 for the job so its costing the guts of 700 :) bumper crash bar will be re-done , chassis re jigged out , its not bent a whole lot you'd really have to see it to know what im talking about . and the lower air conditioning hose has been snapped in 2 . the company has been around years and guarantee a 3 year warranty on their work . the owner himself said himself for anyone else your talking 1500+ ,:) think they take before , during and after work of all cars for their website so il put a link up here when done :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

Has the Insignia been repaired yet?

If so, any detailed pics of repair and over all cost? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Keep your siblings away from this when it's fixed!

Yeah was repaired for 550 all in with a 5 year warranty , will get pics as soon as the missus comes home from work. Worst thing was giving opel 30 quid for a blank fog light cover !! Lol

Advertisement