Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Esitmate to repair this damage?

Options
  • 10-08-2014 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭

Posting this for my fiancee as her and another car collided yesterday , anyone have an idea of price to repair this damage ? just an approximate estimate not an exact figure

thanks

2ed9guh.jpg

20unzwz.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭visual

3 panels damaged im guessing your in the 3 to 4 k range for professional repair through insurance.

Could be cheaper if paying cash to smaller crash repair shop.

But its all guessing as the only one who can give you quote is a repair shop

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

3 panels yeah , cant go through insurance as both only have TPFT . guess il have to wait and see what a repair shop can do . just hope its not above the 2k mark ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

TPFT on a 09, that seems insane to me.

From past threads people say 350-500 per panel.

I know and was fully comp the last 4 years !!! Madness but no talking to her . It's just the front bumper that she really Wants sorted and the scrape on the wing .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Is there any damage to the wheel/suspension?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

So who's at fault? That'll determine if you get your repairs for free or not

• Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'm guessing 1700 or so for an average finish.

No just cosmetic damage no engine , suspension damage . Both at equal fault no one in the wrong .is plastic welding reccomended

For a crack maybe but you have lumps out of front bumper.

Cheapest option would be 2nd panels and bumper from breakers and professional respray
    There may be hidden damage behind bumper

Yeah was thinking that too :) have a wing and bumper sourced if that's the case :) for about 150 delivered , itl be getting em sprayed thatl be the dear part :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Did she collide with one of your brothers by any chance? ;)

No lol another woman coming out of the same estate :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

I am not recommending this, but....

What if you waited for the Third party fire and theft policy to expire or cancel it.
    Then insure the same car with Comprehensive cover

Then make a claim and report the sane incident.

Would they know?

Taught of that but the policy was only renewed less than 2 months ago :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Dia1988 wrote: »

What if you waited for the Third party fire and theft policy to expire or cancel it.

Would they know?

You mean fraud?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Provided there's no structural damage, you might find the panels in a scrap yard. Would work out much cheaper.

Provided there's no structural damage, you might find the panels in a scrap yard. Would work out much cheaper.

Just purely cosmetic damage is all :) finding the parts is no problem just the cost of getting them sprayed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Dia1988 wrote: »

Would they know?

Insurance assessors look at damage to cars on a daily basis. You can try and fool them if you like, but Id say its extremely unlikely you would get away with it. Then of course you have the problem that you lied and basically attempted to defraud your insurance company, which I doubt they will like too much. Have you any idea how hard it is to get insurance after you have had a policy cancelled?

No where not going down the insurance route :) just going to bring to repair shop tomorrow and see what they say :) was just looking for an estimation here really :):)

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Just purely cosmetic damage is all :) finding the parts is no problem just the cost of getting them sprayed :)

Have you tried finding them in that colour?
    If you can't, a respray of a bumper and two wings wouldn't be too expensive.
    I'd source the panels yourself, then get the quote for the respray.
    I know of a person who got his entire car resprayed for less than a grand and it was decent as well.
    Now flawless, but if you want flawless then you'll pay big bucks.

• Advertisement

Near impossible to get in silver :) know of a black , grey and navy colour I can get shipped cheap , was hoping it would be in the 400-700 range all in to fix :)

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Near impossible to get in silver :) know of a black , grey and navy colour I can get shipped cheap , was hoping it would be in the 400-700 range all in to fix :)

Buy the grey and get it resprayed. You should be able to get three panels resprayed decently for less than 700

Nice one verde :) il see what my guy can do tomorrow :) will have to go with cheapest option anyway as cash is tight :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Pm sent

Just an update got quotes ranging from 340-1200 today, from 5 different places . providing I source a new bumper :) going to go with a quote of 500 to fix and spray all in as get a 3 year guarantee aswell :) there was also more damage than expected as air conditioning hose was snapped , and a slight bend in the chassis arm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Someone quoted €340??! I paid a tad less for a small dent on a boot lid!

Yeah 340 was the lowest for 3 panels sprayed not too bad but no guarantee with the work :)

Chassis leg bent is a bit of concern

on a plus side its cheaper than I had one panel repaired on a car years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Post up pics of the repair job when it's done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Westwood

Yes and we want a clear explanation of the accident and how neither party are at fault....:)

Advertisement