Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feckin' Wasps

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭The Singing Beard

I have a Venus fly trap and a sarracenia ... My plant friends usually take care of the little Kilkenny bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭GTE

jimmynokia wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Twas a three course meal of death.

The biggest portion was Carlsberg. I don't know if insects can get drunk, but there were a lot of oddly flying wasps about.

The others were maple syrup and honey. If they didnt get stuck in it, they got stuck getting away from it.

I don't just declare war on them, by the way.

A hive got a sniff of something in a wheelie bin. Over the course of a week, I put the plate out on top of the bin and then moved it further away each night to draw them out of the bin.

That was just a days work and they drank all my beer :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

The reviews don't seem to be too good on that page lol.

You can buy them in the euro 2 shops now for a fiver just using as an example,but they are very effective..So effective i stuck my finger in one to test it and nearly lost it lol...I kid you not...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

jimmynokia wrote: »
    You can buy them in the euro 2 shops now for a fiver just using as an example,but they are very effective..So effective i stuck my finger in one to test it and nearly lost it lol...I kid you not...

Jeez might get one of them so, they were a feckin nuisance at Electric Picnic last year, you couldn't drink an open pint in the arena with about four of them trying to get in, there was a few stings too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,883 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Yea, put a bowl or plate out with a few spoons of jam, sugar and water. Mix it up. Leave for a while...

Watch the fun.

I like bees though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭Dartz

A nightmare is climbing up a 2-story ladder with a can of Raid and emptying half the can into the nest - only to get hit in the face by a swarm of dead and dying wasps dropping out of the thing.

Then have the person holding the ladder give a shriek of fright when he gets hit by them all, try to shield himself and kick the arse out of the ladder in the procces.

I suppose I got lucky and it jammed against the window, otherwise the ***** would've had the last laugh.

There were at least a hundred of the ****ers or more on the ground.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I've hated wasps ever since My Girl :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭wilford

2 cans of Raid sorted the nest in our shed sprayed through a hole in the door sorted my nest the last few left about 10 ofthem where at least an inch long never seen them as big.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Dartz wrote: »
    A nightmare is climbing up a 2-story ladder with a can of Raid and emptying half the can into the nest - only to get hit in the face by a swarm of dead and dying wasps dropping out of the thing.

Then have the person holding the ladder give a shriek of fright when he gets hit by them all, try to shield himself and kick the arse out of the ladder in the procces.

I suppose I got lucky and it jammed against the window, otherwise the ***** would've had the last laugh.

There were at least a hundred of the ****ers or more on the ground.

I LOL'd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 I Voted For Kodos

Have noticed a huge influx of them this summer alright. Hate the fúckers. Love spiders, they stick to themselves and don't bother me, especially not when I'm out having a pint :(

Advertisement