Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feckin' Wasps

Options
  • 10-08-2014 5:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭

There is nothing quite like the panic that awaits, upon waking up to discover a half a dozen wasps in your bedroom droning overhead...

****ing more of the ***** appear each time I open the door, inspite of emptying a half can of flykiller into the room.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,727 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I'd have rather wasps over flies.

I fricking hate flies, annoying little bastardos.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭Dartz

UPDATE:

They do not like being blasted with piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,680 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

This stuff is yer only man - works great on all manner of bugs including fecking spiders!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    This stuff is yer only man - works great on all manner of bugs including fecking spiders!

Spiders work just as well on all manner of bugs, so I let them live :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Funnyonion79

Get yourself a Waspinator (can't post a link but google it!). Works for me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Skullface McGubbin

I haven't seen as many Wasps this year as I have during the previous summers (thank christ). But there's still no shortage of flies though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Hate the fcukers seems to be lots lately and they are in attack mode.

There was about ten thousand of them at a tree across from my house yesterday just flying around it,they were all over the ground too dont know what was going on as there is no hive there.They eventually fecked off,seems odd that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

You kinda have to admire how badass they are though. If they get that aggressive with things the size of humans can you imagine how much they terrify other insects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

The pet shop in our village sells these feckers as pets.

He had 2 in his window yesterday, fcuk knows who he expects will buy them :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

A shot gun is the only solution.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I'm always amazed by the number of people who don't even know what a wasp is. They have cried wasp at the sight of bees, hoverflies etc. And they also don't realise that there are many species of wasp in Ireland with only 2 species that sting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

A shot gun is the only solution.
    *ahem*... http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AB88UDA?pc_redir=1407566093&robot_redir=1

Suppose it would make for some entertainment!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

This year I have noticed a huge lack of bees, wasps and flies compared to normal. Not a good sign, if the bees start to go we won't be too far behind them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭Degag

Dartz wrote: »
    There is nothing quite like the panic that awaits, upon waking up to discover a half a dozen wasps in your bedroom droning overhead...

****ing more of the ***** appear each time I open the door, inspite of emptying a half can of flykiller into the room.

Do you keep your windows wide open at night or something?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭GTE

It was a glorious battle!

bbk wrote: »
    It was a glorious battle!
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I have 3 big spider webs in my room, 2 on the windows and one on the ceiling, very satisfying to hear an irritating little fly buzzing around and then the sudden silence.

Im worried about spider babies now though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

This year I have noticed a huge lack of bees, wasps and flies compared to normal. Not a good sign, if the bees start to go we won't be too far behind them.

You're not looking in the right places. It has certainly been a great year, so far, for Bumblebees and most other insects.

Lapin wrote: »

Oh dear. I tried not to laugh but lol.

How's the ribs?

• Advertisement

Is there a new type of wasp thats black and white heard a few talking about the fooks..

Lapin wrote: »
    Little bastards. :mad:[/QUOTE

LOL

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

"Kills bugs dead".

http://stickerish.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/YouDontSayBlackSS.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

I seem to be seeing fewer wasps than other years here in Cork so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

Haven't spotted any in Scotland so far. They don't frighten me anymore since I was stung on my left boob by one, the sting was like a red hot needle piercing my flesh but nothing I couldn't handle if it happened again:) Dirty, nasty things though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

They actually keep the other insects under control all year.

The problem is the wasps' political leader is a heartless dictator known as 'the queen'.

Around this time of the year she shuts the hive down and leaves all the workers out to starve. They go around aggressively hunting for any food they can find.

You'd be grumpy if that was how your mammy, employer and dictator treated you !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Lad, either go out the way you came in, or sit down and shut up. How many fcuking times are you going to ding off the window?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Have seen loads of the bastards this week alone...
    Hate them...nasty *****.

Electric tennis racket is the job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,551 ✭✭✭✭briany

I'm fine with spiders if there's not too many of them and they're doing their own thing. It's more the times when you notice a big category 3 one rappelling down from the ceiling of an evening, about to plonk itself on your chest.

Advertisement