Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would You Be A Vigilante?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I'd be a vigilante hunter, roaming the streets, seeking out vigilantes to destroy.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭guppy

I guess it depends on your meaning of vigilante.
    Where I grew up, when I was an older teen, there was some trouble with 15/16 year olds from a neighbouring estate at night. They'd break things in people's gardens and generally cause hassle.

The straw that broke the camel's back was them writing vulgar things about what they'd do to one specific teenage girl, on the wall of her garden. Said teen was special needs.

Her father asked the guardai what may happen if himself and a few other fathers were to encounter these lads and maybe "talk" sense into them. The guards said it was none of their business.

Said group of 4 fathers met said group of teens, did no visual physical damage, but got their point across, had no repercussions with the law or irate patents, and had no further issues.

Could I criminalise those men? Never.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭guppy

2 posts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I think most people would like to think they would act like the protagonist in the OP's post, bit most people wouldn't act like this at all. They would abide by the law and hope that justice would serve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Pawn

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Would you be a vigilante?
    I wouldn't be a rat, no.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Duggy747 wrote: »
    My vigilante costume would be a 50's rock n' roll jacket and a Daniel O'Donnell hyper-realistic mask.

The scummers would truly know fear, then.

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-25196-BRB-using-imagination-since-no-B9lT.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,726 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

If only the justice system could have a unofficial vigilante team in place to weed out the f**ks that seem to always evade the courts.

Where is Larry hiding out these days?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I don't think I'd be a vigilante myself but in cases where people have been wronged and the system fails them I can understand why they would feel that they have to resort to taking the law into their own hands.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

I don't think I'd be a vigilante myself but in cases where people have been wronged and the system fails them I can understand why they would feel that they have to resort to taking the law into their own hands.

The problem is that in Ireland if you went out and you shot somebody like larry murphy you would end up in court.

Thats why the likes of larry murphy laugh at our "Justice" system.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,986 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Jumboman wrote: »
    Absolutely people should be encouraged to take the law into their own hands.

The gardas are completely useless. Its about time people started fighting back.
    if they are willing to sacrifice their children for relatives taking revenge then fire ahead, in the real world people won't be taking the law into their own hands unless as stated earlier, they have a death wish

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement

The problem is that in Ireland if you went out and you shot somebody like larry murphy you would end up in court.

good, rightly so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I borrowed a big garden fork recently and was walking down the street with it. Some teens saw me and asked what I was doing so I said I was looking for an angry mob to join :D It was either that or tell them to fcuk off and mind their own business.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭dimcoin

It depends how pissed off I am. Also, am I stateside with access to my rifle? It is safer to be a marksman than to try to fight a man with thugs at close range.

good, rightly so

That just shows you how politically correct Ireland is. The sex beasts have more rights than normal people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

Wouldn't be one as I have no need for it, but I can understand how people living in communities that are beset by fear and intimidation due to a handful of scum, resort to it at the end of their tether.

Pawn wrote: »
    I wouldn't be a rat, no.
    But the question asked is: would you be a vigilante.

The government should hire somebody like Charles Bronson to wipe out the scumbags. We dont need the gardas we need vigilantes.

Yeh but look where he ended up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAME2NCkFK4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Chance The Rapper

The last time I tried to do something in the name of vigilantism I got arrested. It wasn't a pleasant experience, so no, I don't plan on being a vigilante again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

The last time I tried to do something in the name of vigilantism I got arrested. It wasn't a pleasant experience, so no, I don't plan on being a vigilante again.

You have to tell now, or else you're also a tease, which is worse than a scumbag but not as bad as a vigilante..

• Advertisement

That just shows you how politically correct Ireland is.

no it doesn't, as ireland isn't politicaly correct, its just being a sensible country
    The sex beasts have more rights than normal people.

no they don't

no they don't

They are when the sex beasts are unleashed into the community they are given police protection.

The ordinary joe soap does not get round the clock police protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,271 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Would you be a vigilante?

NO........I'm a Law Abiding Citizen.....;)

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

Yes and yes

You wouldn't and

You wouldn't.

People who say so will find an excuse such as they have too much to lose by having faith in the system in the first place and don't want to go to prison. So you wouldn't.

Advertisement