Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would You Be A Vigilante?

Options
  • 10-08-2014 12:47am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,585 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm watching the film The Brave One starring Jodie Foster as a New York radio presenter who, along with her boyfriend, is brutally attacked leading to his death. She survives the ordeal and becomes a vigilante.

Would you take the law into your own hands if the conventional system failed you?

Would you be a vigilante?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 770 ✭✭✭ComputerKing

No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

You must have a death wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

If I knew the system didnt give me justice and I was 100% sure I would take it into my own hands, only for major things though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Only if I could be a cool Cajun sh1t-kicker like Jean-Claude Van Damme in Hard Target.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

It would depend a lot on the costumes available.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

This calls for........

The_Citizen!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

You must have a death wish.

Well, when the scales of justice are so imbalanced in favour of the criminals someone has to be the .......'Equaliser'......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

JupiterKid wrote: »
    I'm watching the film The Brave One starring Jodie Foster as a New York radio presenter who, along with her boyfriend, is brutally attacked leading to his death. She survives the ordeal and becomes a vigilante.

Would you take the law into your own hands if the conventional system failed you?

Yes and yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

If I was like Denzel in his new film. Then yes. But unfortunately I'm not a big strong black man. I'm a lanky skinny white man and I'd probably get the **** kicked into me every time I tried to dole out Vigilante justice. So no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

I have taken the law into my own hands, more than once. There's a certain amount of satisfaction in it to be honest. The conventional system fails ordinary people in Ireland every day of the week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    This calls for........

The_Citizen!

Scum will die! Part Tew!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

My vigilante costume would be a 50's rock n' roll jacket and a Daniel O'Donnell hyper-realistic mask.

The scummers would truly know fear, then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Absolutely, just call me the "Road Warrior"

Max to my mates ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,649 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Aiden Pearce and Paul Kersey. You wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of them :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Depends. If the Mad Gear Gang came into town and kidnapped my girlfriend, then deffo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Renegade!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

i'm batman ;)

efb wrote: »
    Renegade!

Mechanic? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Depends. If the Mad Gear Gang came into town and kidnapped my girlfriend, then deffo.

Is your local mayor Mike Haggar? That guy really does clean up the streets.

i'm batman ;)

Well done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,084 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Captain Hindsight, Sexual Harassment Panda or The Coon for me. Maybe PieMan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

With all the people in favour of bringing back the death penalty I'm surprised they don't take the law into their own hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭PLUG71

Yes without a doubt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

do you mean if someone hurt my family would i get them
    then yes
    i've worked in security and i'd have an idea how to, so if someone hurt mine i'd hurt them.

Ireland is a very safe place tho and the west (where i live) is really safe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

FunLover18 wrote: »
    With all the people in favour of bringing back the death penalty I'm surprised they don't take the law into their own hands.

Those types spend a lot of time and effort avoiding the public. They're afraid of people in general so would probably be scared shitless if they ever had to take matters into their own hands. They prefer 'tuff talk' as long as they're not the ones having to be tough.. bless 'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭con___manx1

I watched a programme recently about Vigilante Ira men in Derry. One ex drug dealer was warned twice too stop dealing and eventually stopped. An Ira man approached him in a pub and told him fair play for turning his life around.The Ira guy said he had 3 meetings about planning the drug dealers murder. other drug dealers have not been so lucky.the Ira man said normal policing is not possible in parts of the north. the police cant walk the street in certain areas to this day. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq2-vVcsuxs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,094 ✭✭✭forgotten password

i mostly take a cup of tea in the evening so i wouldnt have much time for the oul vigilantism

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Hopefully I'll never be put in such a position. I imagine I wouldn't but I don't know for sure how I'd react.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,094 ✭✭✭forgotten password

y abeen a virgin for the last seven years, would def reccomend it

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

Absolutely people should be encouraged to take the law into their own hands.

The gardas are completely useless. Its about time people started fighting back.

Advertisement