Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What movie are you watching at the moment? is it any good?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Timmyctc wrote: »
    That's an awful long winded title for a film.
    It's a documentary on the attention spans of film watchers. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

Robocop the original one.

"Don't touch me man!!!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭MS.ing

Den14 wrote: »
    Robocop. Solid action movie but pales in comparison to the original. Didn't have the same satire and dark humour. It's less violent as well 6/10

"does it hurrrt does it really really hurt"

what a line :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Locke. Very good. If I described it to you it would sound awful, so I won't. 7/10.

Tom Hardy talks to his bluetooth carkit for 90 odd minutes, and it's brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Not a movie, but Babylon 5 near end of season 3 and it's godly, to think how blandish it was when it first started, but you discover it was all foundation and it ALL comes back into play. The only TV series I have ever watched that seems to be all wrote from the beginning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

e_e wrote: »
    I used to watch movies like that but it's so much more satisfying when you give them your undivided attention. Lights off, curtains closed and phones in an area I can't reach. ;)

I prefer to watch new stuff that way but I'll happily through things on as background noise if I've seen them a million times before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

nu_90 wrote: »
    full metal jacket , haven't seen it in years , still class
    That and Inglourious Basterds: best movie intros ever IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭thefishone

The Raid 2, body count is in the hundreds, half an hour left, time to kill another 1000:pac:
    Great movie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

If you're browsing a message board while a movie's on either A) The movie isn't very good or B) You're not paying as much attention as you should be.

Ads.

krudler wrote: »
    I prefer to watch new stuff that way but I'll happily through things on as background noise if I've seen them a million times before.
    True enough. Sometimes a really pretty looking movie is worth putting on in the background.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

seen a bit of it earlier when the black eyed lady got your man to admit to a hit and run.. it twas a bit meh really

People don't like Donnie Brasco? Fogedda bout it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

It's a documentary on the attention spans of film watchers. :pac:
    I should be in it. "and here we see said film watcher struggle with the temptation of her cellular device and said film" :D

GerB40 wrote: »
    Ads.
    Hate having the flow of a movie broken up like that, if a film's on TV I usually record it and then skip the ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Cavalry - so far, so good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

The brave one.
    Pretty fcuking depressing so far.....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I can't watch a film while doing something else like on the phone unless there's ads, much prefer giving it all my attention even if I've seen it a hundred times. Even if it's utter shìte I pull meself through it :pac:

Anyways just finished watching Paprika (2006), an anime film with some slight similarities to Inception (Nolan was quoted as it being an inspiration for it) but was a more intelligent film that played better with the concept of dreams / reality. Visually fantastic and didn't have as confusing of a plot as I was led to believe from reading elsewhere.

Still have beer so need to throw something else on, I've a hankering for a good solid DeNiro film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

Heat and yes it's good

xzanti wrote: »
    Best movie ever imho! Their chemistry is off the scale!!

it really is, theres a whole sub movie going on, two hollywood heavy weights facce to face with a script to make everything all....hidden. that restaurant scene is an absolute classic for that reason.

crackin movie top 3 and at times my nbr 1, even the cast is great. its this generations The Godfather :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

MS.ing wrote: »
    that restaurant scene is an absolute classic for that reason.

The original film that Mann remade (He did that also). Obviously the acting ability isn't even in the same universe but still cool to see from 55 seconds onwards :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Locke. Very good. If I described it to you it would sound awful, so I won't. 7/10.

Locke is an excellent film.

• Advertisement

Duggy747 wrote: »
    The original film that Mann remade (He did that also). Obviously the acting ability isn't even in the same universe but still cool to see from 55 seconds onwards :pac:

wow talk about night and day. watching that is like watching a movie. watching deniro and pacino is like watching two guys in real life, amazing, Ive never seen a piece show such a stark difference in acting ability. it helped of course that the dialogue and shots were 100% the same!

just copped now that the only difference IS night and day! :pac:

dinneenp wrote: »
    Calvary..... Bored. Close to turning it off.

I was dragged to that without having a clue what it was or anything about it, so, maybe that affected my experience of it but I thought it was really, really good.

The premise is actually what intrigued me to see it. "You mean it's somebody in a car on a phone for 90 minutes? Let's see how they can sustain it!"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Just finished watching Star Wars Episode 4 on Utv.
    Man the prequels sucked so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Watching Force of Execution here now. It's fairly bad. Steven Seagal being cool, with his jet black hair stitched onto his head. I'm really only watching it because Marcellus Wallace is in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Ditch

GerB40 wrote: »
    Donnie Brasco.

Thanks for that. I'll be watching it again, presently. Saw it back in the 80's ;)

This evening, for the mega umpteenth time, I watched " Manhunter " ! Brian Cox Was Lecter! Did Hopkins even read " Red Dragon " ?!

I watch a lot of horror films. It's my favourite genre. I've become pretty desensitised to it. It's very rare that a horror film actually stays with me or unnerves me for any length of time. But I've just watched "The Sacrament," a film that came out this year, on limited release I think. Anyway it has really unnerved me. Probably because it's based on actual events, i.e. the mass suicide in a sect "The Jonestown Massacre" of 1978. Creepy creepy stuff!

But anyway yeah, I've got a real case of the heebie-jeebies after watching it tonight.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Pumping iron, its very informative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

Murderball. It was brilliant :) very funny too.

98% on rotten tomatoes. Thats *usually* a good indicator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭dobman88

Starred Up, it's a prison movie. Worth a watch.

Advertisement