Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday Night With Miriam & Eamonn - 9th. August 9.35pm

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Great fun tonight lads..........we are starting to re-group.......I can feel it............:)

Ah yes, nothing like Ryan Tubridy to incite the masses to congregate.. well, except for his radio show..

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Cris Jones

Mir knows feck all about Paddy........
    She didn't bring out the best in him tonight, he should have stood up for himself more regarding the national anthem thing, right he is to say Danny Boy isn't an anthem, it isn't, The Soldiers Song is his anthem as much as for anyone in the rest of Ireland. He wants to box and do well and the commonwealth games is open to him so he fights there and wants to get a medal. It doesn't mean he has to disown being Irish. Eamon Holmes explaining to him the history of Danny Boy being sung when Barry McGuigan fought his bouts was an insult to Paddy Barnes: I think he might have heard the story by now and Eamon Holmes is the one I took issue with on the Miriam show as he talks like a West Brit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Jesus Christ ^^^^^ :rolleyes:

You should say your prayers into yourself Lapin:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

You need more than prayers kid for coming out with claptrap lake that. Its a shame to see people ruining a good humoured thread with their bullshít 'west Brit' crap. No need for that here.

• Advertisement

Lapin wrote: »
    You need more than prayers kid for coming out with claptrap lake that. Its a shame to see people ruining a good humoured thread with their bullshít 'west Brit' crap. No need for that here.
    It's not BS. Mind your language. :cool: I ruined no thread with my opinion. It is you who is over-reacting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Paddy was very naive to think they'd play Amhran na bhFiann.

I was in Scotland at the start of the Commonwealth Games. The Scots played
    their own anthem when they won gold. There was a mention of it on TV one
    morning - no big deal was made about it. Does Paddy not understand that Ireland
    is not part of the Commonwealth? If he were living south of the border, he would
    not even be taking part in the games!

brooke 2 wrote: »
    I was in Scotland at the start of the Commonwealth Games. The Scots played
    their own anthem when they won gold. There was a mention of it on TV one
    morning - no big deal was made about it. Does Paddy not understand that Ireland
    is not part of the Commonwealth? If he were living south of the border, he would
    not even be taking part in the games!
    Firstly he did not expect that the Irish anthem would be played, he wished it could be, as that is his anthem. And Don't say you were at the start of the commonwealth games: you were not . Paddy Barnes understands all about Ireland and that is what bothers you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Cris Jones wrote: »
    Firstly he did not expect that the Irish anthem would be played, he wished it could be, as that is his anthem. And Don't say you were at the start of the commonwealth games: you were not . Paddy Barnes understands all about Ireland and that is what bothers you.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

If Paddy Barnes is as proud an Irishman as you say he is, then he wouldn't be participating in what was once known as The Empire Games.....

• Advertisement

If Paddy Barnes is as proud an Irishman as you say he is, then he wouldn't be participating in what was once known as The Empire Games.....
    But Cork, and the English Market, were out with their union jacks, waving them all about, when the queen of england and her husband visited, in recent years, isn't that right, and aren't you from Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

But Cork, and the English Market, were out with their union jacks, waving them all about, when the queen of england and her husband visited, in recent years, isn't that right, and aren't you from Cork?

And did you see me outside the English Market waving a Union Jack, Cris old chap?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

And did you see me outside the English Market waving a Union Jack, Cris old chap?

As the man said...."I'd pay a Dollar to see that".....:D:P

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Not sure if your post is tongue in cheek, Cris, but when you're in a hole, stop digging.

Advertisement