Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday Night With Miriam & Eamonn - 9th. August 9.35pm

Options
  • 08-08-2014 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71,710 ✭✭✭✭

They're back!

KITTEH!

rs_499x289-130911151201-tumblr_mqn4li2uzK1qipcxzo1_500.gif

PUPPEH!

cute-puppy-o.gif

And...Vimes?!

vimes.png

Hello you.

This week we'll also be joined by Vimes, the tweeting dog who, last weekend, survived a 90 metre fall off the cliffs at Kilkee, Co. Clare.

Vimes regularly updates his followers via Twitter - @VimesTheDog

No wait, come back! Human guests too... :o

Belfast-born television presenter Eamonn Holmes talks about growing up in Northern Ireland, Manchester United's chances this season and his cameo in Mrs. Brown's Boys D'Movie.

Boxer Paddy Barnes will also be appearing on the show to talk anthems, fatherhood and his plans for the future.

Also, chef Garry Hughes and concierge Denis O'Brien chat about life at the front and back of house at Dublin's Shelbourne Hotel.

Dublin-born Susan Whelan will discuss her life as Leicester City F.C.'s Chief Executive, and there'll be live music from We Cut Corners.

The show is on RTÉ One, Saturday night at 9.35PM.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

IAmdowntomylastfewmegsofbband4dmonthsomycontributionswillBsmaller2mronite

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I like Eamon Holmes. The Jet Set was one of my favourite quiz shows :o
    I often wonder what happened to the couple who are the current champions..... Perhaps they've been stranded on a beach in Rio for the past 7 years......?

His wife Ruth should be on as well. They're a great couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Be careful you don't refer to Eamonn Holmes's weight, Miriam. He doesn't take kindly to people mocking him about his size, so he doesn't.
    BBC pulled the Eamonn Holmes character sketches from the lineup of a popular British television show called The Impressions Show because Mr. Holmes felt that they went too far in making fun of his weight.

The 50 year old Irish Sky News presenter was apparently not taking the Jon Culshaw impressions of him in as good a humour as BBC first imagined. In fact, he called his lawyers to stop the weight jokes about him, sending BBC a letter of complaint.

This prompted BBC to remove the character that Culshaw had originally intended to have make regular appearances on the show, using “I was fierce hungry, so I was” as the character’s catch phrase. The phrase was used to make jibes that insinuate Mr Holmes is heavy set because he is always hungry, thus will eat anything.

http://www.celebritydietdoctor.com/eamonn-holmes-pissed-with-bbcs-fat-jokes-about-his-weight/

What's the point in giving two employees of a Hotel another gushing PR style interview on RTE1? They just had a fawning four part free advertorial series which revealed they have little interest in guests unless they are celebrities.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,710 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Skid X wrote: »
    Be careful you don't refer to Eamonn Holmes's weight, Miriam. He doesn't take kindly to people mocking him about his size, so he doesn't.

Miriam will ask Eamonn about his kidneys first :pac:

• Advertisement

Paddy Barnes is a gas man, he was very unlucky not to win Gold at the London Olympics. He won the Commonwealth Games title recently without breaking sweat.

Paddy Barnes v Marty Morrissey was a good contest :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Skid X wrote: »
    What's the point in giving two employees of a Hotel another gushing PR style interview on RTE1? They just had a fawning four part free advertorial series which revealed they have little interest in guests unless they are celebrities.

Amen! I only saw bits of the programme, but that was my impression of it too. I can picture it already - 'genuinely, you're wonderful.' 'Stay there'...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

I havent posted on the tv forums in a good while but im gonna leave my precious 1000th post here with u guys because ye have given me the most laughs and crack out of all the forums put together, thanks guys and ill be lurkin and laughin again tonight

I havent posted on the tv forums in a good while but im gonna leave my precious 1000th post here with u guys because ye have given me the most laughs and crack out of all the forums put together, thanks guys and ill be lurkin and laughin again tonight

289388,xcitefun-1000-posts.jpg

Well done taytobreath, thanks for your kind words.

Congratulations on the 1,000 posts and hopefully we'll see lots more of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Well, you did give us your 666 post as well tayto, if I remember correctly!!.....:p

Congrats, we'll see you soon!...:)

Missed Mir last week, OP up to usual high standards WM!!....:):):)

• Advertisement

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Amen! I only saw bits of the programme, but that was my impression of it too. I can picture it already - 'genuinely, you're wonderful.' 'Stay there'...

Couldn't agree more, it was like ooops ***bend down*** I dropped another name.....

I thought we'd all grown up a little bit more than that nowadays....

I thought I'd post this, which has nothing to do with anything Mir or sad stories but I'd love to see these lads on MirTV or even Mir visits LLS Land....Why can't I ever see buskers like these??.....

http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2014/0809/636170-watch-busker-in-galway-do-game-of-throne-theme/

Evening all!

Some of tonight's guests drew the short straw and were forced to sit on the lime green chair!

BumKzchCIAMxpSv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

Nice little jolly there for John Creedon. :rolleyes:

Evening all! :D

Jaysus, I'll have to put on my sunglasses. The colours are giving me a migraine.

Good evening everyone,

That's a nice top Mir is wearing, though it doesn't fit very well around the chest....(no smart remarks lads.....some hope!....:))

AAAAAhhhhh the leggins....She is a fine looking lady!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Looks like the wardrobe department are no longer inspired by Quality Street.

But there are other sweet candies out there that might fit the bill.

th?id=HN.608009537907916979&pid=15.1&P=0

Rubix cube colours make my eyes bleed...........

Oh my, Eamonn's put on a lot of we...oops, don't go there!

I'm glad he said coccyx :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Those stupid text competitions for €1.50 a pop on every live RTE show is really annoying.

Eamonn hates the couch......I love him already.......

Did he say "erect" and Mir ignored that??.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Big Eamonn! TV adds how much???

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Miriam's wardrobe is really awful, I wish she would borrow some clothes from some up and coming Irish designers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

A lot of colour :mad:

I like Miriams navy top I must say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

It shapes who you are...

Methinks Mr. Holmes has made a cheeky bet with a friend to see how much innuendo he can get away with, in one interview!

He is on the go a long time now. I remember him presenting Open Air on BBC1 in late 80s

A Television Programme about Television Programmes, I always enjoyed that during the holidays

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Miriam's wardrobe is really awful, I wish she would borrow some clothes from some up and coming Irish designers.

I think Mir got stuck in a disco "Saturday Night Fever"......no bad thing if you do it in hiding on a sat night with your BF!!....;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

MrsD007 wrote: »

She should also consider cutting her hair and stop dying it in fake blonde.

Advertisement