Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014-15 Premier League Injuries & Suspensions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Given how the ref played on let Sahko have a shot at goal I don't see how the ref could say he denied them a goalscoring opportunity.
    I'd appeal if I was Swansea too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Given how the ref played on let Sahko have a shot at goal I don't see how the ref could say he denied them a goalscoring opportunity.

If he scored would it have been a yellow?

Edit: just checked the laws and yes it would have been a yellow if he scored.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

He would have had a better opportunity if he wasn't impeded.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

F1ngers wrote: »
    He would have had a better opportunity if he wasn't impeded.

Yeah, wouldn't be surprised if it was rescinded as he got the shot away, but he was straight through on goal at a nice angle if the keeper hadn't bumped him, so it's 50/50 unless the handball gets taken into account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Anyone know when a decision will be made on the fabianski appeal? How long does it usually take?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I hope he gets off cos I really don't wanna waste a transfer on a goalkeeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

MR NINE wrote: »
    Anyone know when a decision will be made on the fabianski appeal? How long does it usually take?

It's usually sorted by midweek after weekend games.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

If he scored would it have been a yellow?

Edit: just checked the laws and yes it would have been a yellow if he scored.

The ref had blown his whistle at time of collision so wouldn't have counted had he scored.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Ace2007 wrote: »
    The ref had blown his whistle at time of collision so wouldn't have counted had he scored.

Ah, didnt watch the game so I thought he was playing advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Ace2007 wrote: »

I was watching it and I'm 99% sure that he brought play back after the ball hit the post.

• Advertisement

PARlance wrote: »
    I was watching it and I'm 99% sure that he brought play back after the ball hit the post.

Just found this

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/9596944/was-fabianski-red-card-fair

It was a whistle before the shot was taken.

Just found this

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/9596944/was-fabianski-red-card-fair

It was a whistle before the shot was taken.

It was indeed, cheers for that.

Does he blow the whistle twice?
    He looks like he blows it "on the run" and from well behind the play initially.
    Then at around the 36 second mark you can see him blowing it a second time, he's stationary and has caught up with play... By which time it looks like the ball has already hit the post ?

Major cock up if so, advantage was there to be played.

It was indeed, cheers for that.

Does he blow the whistle twice?
    He looks like he blows it "on the run" and from well behind the play initially.
    Then at around the 36 second mark you can see him blowing it a second time, he's stationary and has caught up with play... By which time it looks like the ball has already hit the post ?

Major cock up if so, advantage was there to be played.

Yeah looks like they didn't hear the first whistle and he had to blow it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

sometimes the 99/1 shot wins :D

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

Fabianksi appeal dismissed. Will serve one game suspension

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Pellegrini on Aguero at today's press conf in Italy....

Pellegrini was then asked whether he was unclear about the duration Aguero would be out of action, to which he said: "We know, but it is difficult to know exactly how long he will be injured. It could be four, five or six weeks. It depends a lot on the way he recovers."

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aguero-could-out-up-six-8260707

Ramsey has been flagged 75% on the site.

https://twitter.com/bendinnery/status/542455649217433600

• Registered Users Posts: 48,165 ✭✭✭✭km79

di maria touch and go for weekend according to guardian

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

No match day thread yet, sort of belongs here:
    Clean bill of health for West Ham bar Mark Noble:
    Any injury news ahead of Sunderland?
    SA: "Mark Noble is still injured with a problem with his Achilles tendon. Other than that we don't seem to have many problems."
    http://www.whufc.com/articles/20141211/big-sam-on-sunderland_2236884_4359634

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

F1ngers wrote: »
    No match day thread yet, sort of belongs here:
    Clean bill of health for West Ham bar Mark Noble:

http://www.whufc.com/articles/20141211/big-sam-on-sunderland_2236884_4359634

:eek: Don't be giving them ideas, :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

No Duff

“Michael Duff is getting better and closer. He was out on the grass today, but this weekend will probably come a bit too quick for him.” .....Dyche.

Read more at http://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/news/article/injury-news-southampton-2137748.aspx#auVJwEGDRXSIjvCd.99

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

FHFC wrote: »
    No Duff

“Michael Duff is getting better and closer. He was out on the grass today, but this weekend will probably come a bit too quick for him.” .....Dyche.

Read more at http://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/news/article/injury-news-southampton-2137748.aspx#auVJwEGDRXSIjvCd.99

Duffman can never die...only the actors who play him. Oh Yeah! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,335 ✭✭✭✭8-10

What age is Mike Duff these days? Always forget he's the same chap you'd buy for peanuts in Championship Manager 2001. Pay a couple hundred thousand for himself and Jamie Victory from Cheltenham. Mad that he's a PL player now

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

8-10 wrote: »
    What age is Mike Duff these days? Always forget he's the same chap you'd buy for peanuts in Championship Manager 2001. Pay a couple hundred thousand for himself and Jamie Victory from Cheltenham. Mad that he's a PL player now

37 next month

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

8-10 wrote: »

He has played in all the leagues and has got better with age. Only player remaining with burnley since the last time in pl.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I read somewhere that Duff is the only man to have played at each of the top eight levels of English football in ascending order. That is some feat.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Courtois is out tomorrow, muscle problem, per Jose.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,045 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Paully D wrote: »

That is a sucker punch now with Elliot being out too. 12 point hit now, I can pretty much say goodbye to all my head to heads now and just hope for a good christmas period as a result of the players I bring in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Paully D wrote: »

That's not how you spell costa

Advertisement