Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The largest ethnic cleansing in 60+ years in taking place today in Iraq

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭PLUG71

Proof?

What oil benefit (contracts, pricing etc) is there from parachuting boxes of water to people trapped & terrified on a scorching mountainside?

I'm talking about the bombing of ISIS!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

mad muffin wrote: »
    I reject your reality and substitute it with my own…

I don't recall anyone in the thread saying "Oh the poor terrorists But i do recall plenty of people sickened by the deaths of hundreds of innocent children, or are you claiming that Hamas recruits 2 year old babies to do their dirty work for them therefore making them legitimate targets?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

bumper234 wrote: »
    I don't recall anyone in the thread saying "Oh the poor terrorists But i do recall plenty of people sickened by the deaths of hundreds of innocent children, or are you claiming that Hamas recruits 2 year old babies to do their dirty work for them therefore making them legitimate targets?

I'm not privy to Hamas's HR recruitments…

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

The difference between Irish forums and American…

90% Of Irish posters-won't no one think of the terrorists…

90% of American posters-bomb them all to hell, let god sort them out…

:pac:

Its amazing that some posters are still using the plight of innocent Iraqi's to have a go at what some other posters said in another thread. FFS, this kind of carry on, just makes you look someone taking petty potshots after losing an argument. Its neither clever nor funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Jamsiek

ISIS are a great bunch of lads when it comes to rousting out near-defenceless civilians, somehow I think they might balk at attacking one of the best equipped armies on Earth, who have a reputation for not exactly holding back...

I'd like to see them try, the only time I would support the Israelis.

• Advertisement

wes wrote: »
    Its amazing that some posters are still using the plight of innocent Iraqi's to have a go at what some other posters said in another thread. FFS, this kind of carry on, just makes you look someone taking petty potshots after losing an argument. Its neither clever nor funny.

I was just making an observation after reading the American forum. Am I not allowed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

PLUG71 wrote: »
    I'm talking about the bombing of ISIS!!

The query still stands.... Proof?

So the US drops 2 bombs on an ISIS artillery position that was shelling Kurdish peshmerga.

You say this is for oil.

Stopping the slaughter of 40,000+ christians is nowhere in their mind.

I'm just asking what proof you have?

Everlong1 wrote: »
    Shame on you ! What about your oppressed Northern Nationalist fellow countrymen/women ! Oh hang on, they're alright now, aren't they? :D

Big difference, how can you equate the two?

I was just making an observation after reading the American forum. Am I not allowed?

If you want to use the plight of Iraqi's to have a go at other posters. You know what, go ahead. All your doing is making yourself look petty.

If you want to use the plight of Iraqi's to have a go at other posters. You know what, go ahead. All your doing is making yourself look petty.

Me thinks you protest to much… ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

Good mapping in this report:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iraq/11018298/Islamic-State-pulls-down-church-crosses-in-northern-Iraq-as-200000-flee.html

also:

“This is a humanitarian disaster. The churches are occupied, their crosses
    were taken down,” said Sako. He added that up to 1,500 manuscripts were burnt.

The United Nations put the number of people who have fled as high as 200,000,

bumper234 wrote: »
    Nuanced look is fine but when you look at the hundreds of thousands of innocents killed in Iraq and Afghanistan by British and American troops plus the thousands killed by Israel. I don't think your ISIS or AQ figures would come even close.

So ISIS are the good guys then?

The query still stands.... Proof?

So the US drops 2 bombs on an ISIS artillery position that was shelling Kurdish peshmerga.

You say this is for oil.

Stopping the slaughter of 40,000+ christians is nowhere in their mind.

I'm just asking what proof you have?

Ok I see your point I do not have proof.

Its common opinion isnt it?

Can you provide proof that their actions are not oil related?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Jamsiek wrote: »

No, they're all c*nts. Why people feel the need to boil situations down to "cops v robbers" levels of morality is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Jamsiek wrote: »

Where did i say isis are in any way shape or form "the good guys"? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Awkward Badger

Me thinks you protest to much… ;)

Me thinks you trolls too much.

I find myself too often wondering what is the point in the UN? Ethnic cleansing across Africa, Palestine and Iraq and nothing being done. Did nothing to secure the plane crash in Ukraine. Veto power for the two biggest warmongers and one of the worst countries for human rights.

I agree, they should scrap the UN and replace it with a more democratic organization. The veto powers are unjust and stifle the the UN

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

This thread is not about Hamas, Israel or Gaze. There's a separate thread for that. I don't want to have to thread ban people for not being able tot tell the difference.

PLUG71 wrote: »
    Ok I see your point I do not have proof.

Its common opinion isnt it?

Can you provide proof that their actions are not oil related?

Can't prove a negative friend.
    Try it.... It ain't easy

And a commonly held opinion is not the same as fact, no matter how cynical you might be.

If a few air sorties help push ISIS back & literally save the necks of tens of thousands of Christians, then good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

FTA69 wrote: »
    No, they're all c*nts. Why people feel the need to boil situations down to "cops v robbers" levels of morality is beyond me.

Indeed. There are no saints, only sinners.

I heard of this incident as the video was circulated purporting to show muslims killing a woman, however this wasn't the case
    http://www.counterpunch.org/2007/05/08/the-horrific-stoning-death-of-a-yazidi-girl/

The above is no more excuse to persute the Yazidi than ISIS are to persecute the muslim population.

• Advertisement

Can't prove a negative friend.
    Try it.... It ain't easy

And a commonly held opinion is not the same as fact, no matter how cynical you might be.

If a few air sorties help push ISIS back & literally save the necks of tens of thousands of Christians, then good.

Cant argue with there if thats their intention!

it does cut it because its true

How?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I am Irish and therefore the only thing I care about is the Palestinians

I don't know what I like more, this post or your user name.

Well played sir.

Where's ISIS's funding coming from?

I know they got a lot of money from Iraqi banks that they robbed after they pushed back the Iraqi army. The weapons are weapons abandoned by the Iraqi army, which mean they have modern hi-tech weaponry at there disposal.

I know they got a lot of money from Iraqi banks that they robbed after they pushed back the Iraqi army. The weapons are weapons abandoned by the Iraqi army, which mean they have modern hi-tech weaponry at there disposal.
    It was more of a rhetorical question but I don't think that's where they're getting their funding. :P

FTA69 wrote: »
    LorMal wrote: »
    Wartard nonsense. Death and destruction should never be cheered.
    The death and destruction of ISIS should be cheered though.
    Unfortunately innocent civilians are always caught in the middle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Hopefully they'll be bombed back to the 7th century....oh wait.

It was more of a rhetorical question but I don't think that's where they're getting their funding. :P

They have looted a huge amount of Iraqi kit.

Money is from Saudi Arabia & Qatar I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I think they have a big pile of cocaine.

Advertisement